Chase Reed

therealjonon
Edited Date/Time 1/31/2013 8:20am
What happen to him? From Oklahoma.... There was rumors of cancer i never wanted to believe. He was on a yamaha and a top dogg in amateurs last i saw...

thanks,
dj
|
mx356
11/30/2011 10:49am
What happen to him? From Oklahoma.... There was rumors of cancer i never wanted to believe. He was on a yamaha and a top dogg in...
What happen to him? From Oklahoma.... There was rumors of cancer i never wanted to believe. He was on a yamaha and a top dogg in amateurs last i saw...

thanks,
dj
I know he was real sick but not sure if it was cancer or what. He was real good friends with Caleb Dowell and his family so I'll hit them up and see if they know what Chase is up to now
therealjonon
11/30/2011 10:54am
What happen to him? From Oklahoma.... There was rumors of cancer i never wanted to believe. He was on a yamaha and a top dogg in...

thanks,
dj
mx356 wrote:
I know he was real sick but not sure if it was cancer or what. He was real good friends with Caleb Dowell and his family...
I know he was real sick but not sure if it was cancer or what. He was real good friends with Caleb Dowell and his family so I'll hit them up and see if they know what Chase is up to now
thanks!
mx356
11/30/2011 11:05am
Just talked to Caleb and he said he hasn't been able to talk to Chase in awhile but the last time he did he wasn't doing very good at all. He was working for his dad and then got really sick, he wasn't sure if it was cancer or what. I know that's probably not the info your looking for but all that Caleb knew
Hank_Thrill
11/30/2011 11:25am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2011 11:26am
Was he from Ardmore? I was friends with a kid either named Chase Davenport, or Chase Reed who smoked the crap out of everyone on a KTM50 when he was a little kid, but I never could remember. The person I'm thinking about had a little brother named Ty. Not sure if they are the same Chase, but I wonder about them from time to time.

I had a biology class with a girl that was hardcore into moto. She knew her stuff. Turns out she was Reed's long time girlfriend for a while.

The Shop

bish153
11/30/2011 1:36pm
I dont think it was cancer, i heard it was some stomach issues,
hey hank_thrill was that girls name Kayla?
mom241
11/30/2011 1:52pm
Was he from Ardmore? I was friends with a kid either named Chase Davenport, or Chase Reed who smoked the crap out of everyone on a...
Was he from Ardmore? I was friends with a kid either named Chase Davenport, or Chase Reed who smoked the crap out of everyone on a KTM50 when he was a little kid, but I never could remember. The person I'm thinking about had a little brother named Ty. Not sure if they are the same Chase, but I wonder about them from time to time.

I had a biology class with a girl that was hardcore into moto. She knew her stuff. Turns out she was Reed's long time girlfriend for a while.
He was from Lone Grove (Ardmore area). Don't remember a little brother, but his older brother was killed in a JetSki racing incident.
Hank_Thrill
11/30/2011 4:51pm
Was he from Ardmore? I was friends with a kid either named Chase Davenport, or Chase Reed who smoked the crap out of everyone on a...

mom241 wrote:
He was from Lone Grove (Ardmore area). Don't remember a little brother, but his older brother was killed in a JetSki racing incident.
I guess the kid I'm thinking about had the last name Davenport then, because he only had a little brother. When I started paying attention to the sport again in 2003, I kept wondering if that Chase from down there was him. Totally confused me...

@Bish153, her name was Toni. She talked like they dated for a few years. I believed her, because 1) I'm gullible, and 2) she knew way more about motocross than the average Nitro Circus viewer. That class was in 2007, so I guess it would have been before then.
okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1043rd
11/30/2011 5:38pm
I havent even seen Chase in a couple of years. I know he was having some kind of stomach issues. He was defintely fast!! I will make some calls and see if I can find something out.
burba437
11/30/2011 10:26pm
got an autographed jersy from him at the lake county fair supercross in illinois back in the early 2000 i was like 10 and he was a cool dude butthen havent heard anything on him till now hope hes doing better now
Racerx930
11/30/2011 10:33pm
Grew up racing with Chase since I was about 5 years old. I met a guy a few years back that said he was Chases mechanic and said he really just sat around and did nothing, he never mentioned anything about him being ill though. I remember his brother as well when we were little, he had a kx 80 with kx 60 rims on it because he was so short. I also remember hearing that his dad was also injured pretty bad in a boating accident as well, I seem to remember being told he was sucked through a dam
Flip109
12/1/2011 6:23am
Man I used to watch chase reed and travis (the terminator) elliot fly around whitney on their kawi 60's and 80's back in the day! That was the jam! I was in 80 begginer class back then and they were my inspiration. Them and charlie bogard. He was the shit with all his sick whips
therealjonon
12/1/2011 6:42am
miss watching that guy ride....

also, heath frazier. i know hes doing well in the oil business of his families so that's good...
1/30/2013 1:58pm
Not sure if any of you still read this forum but hey.... It's me Chase Reed. first of all not sure what mechanic claimed to be mine and said I just set around.... If anyone knows my father they know that was not an option. I actually came down with a rare kidney disease that almost killed me and put me in bed for over 2 years. Took over 20 drs to find out what it was. Ashamed of my decline in what was labeled ( my calling ) I tried to basically hide from my followers and fans. I'm doin a lot better now after the passing of my son. Which took awhile for me to get over. If you would like to catch up ask anything or just talk I'm on Facebook at Stephen Reed .
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
1/30/2013 2:04pm
Damn man that is hard to hear. Glad you are doing good now buddy! Do you ride anymore? I used to live with your buddy Jay at Cooperland when Kris Brown owned it. I forgot what Jays last name was but he was a cool dude who always had some good stories about your guys times together! Really good to hear that you have made it through some of the things that have been put in front of you. Being a new father myself I can not imagine going through what you had to! Hang in there man and hit me up if you want to talk more!
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
1/30/2013 2:17pm
Glad you posted Stephen, Never knew that was your first name. I met you at an Oklahoma state race along time ago and always wondered where you went. Sorry to hear about Your son, You were the main reason I named my kid Chase. BTW, Jonon What are you doing these days?
1/30/2013 2:28pm
I'm very honored you would name your child after me! My sons name was auston gauge reed. He was perfect it was hospital error. Thanks for your condolences! An good to hear from you josh! Been so long I've seen u on tv some, still rippin it up. I play the guitar and sing now. Actually got a few things goin for me through it. Had an offer to start riding again and training/teaching others which I would love to do! But the promoter just used my name to get customers and left me out in the cold once it started.. I did ride a little a few months back, guess it really doesn't ever leave ya Smile 1 lap after 8 yrs and I was throwing it sideways and railin corners haha. I did have quite a few ppl in line to train but like I said I got used on that deal.... Talk about degrading :-/
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
1/30/2013 2:35pm
I would be more than happy to throw you some dough to work with my son someday. You walked over to me after a vet A moto at cooperland( the announcer had been talking about me showing up from a dirttrack national the night before) you smacked me on the back and said, Not bad for a circle burner, I lmao and downed about 8 high lifes on the way home that night. BTW, I hope you are at peace over your son and damn sure hope that hospital got what they deserved. Truly awesome to hear from you.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/30/2013 2:37pm
Sorry for your loss mate.
I am glad this thread popped up, I always wondered too... I remember seeing you in Moto Mags and you always looked trick, with style for days.
Stay strong dudeSmile
1/30/2013 2:47pm
Not sure if any of you still read this forum but hey.... It's me Chase Reed. first of all not sure what mechanic claimed to be...
Not sure if any of you still read this forum but hey.... It's me Chase Reed. first of all not sure what mechanic claimed to be mine and said I just set around.... If anyone knows my father they know that was not an option. I actually came down with a rare kidney disease that almost killed me and put me in bed for over 2 years. Took over 20 drs to find out what it was. Ashamed of my decline in what was labeled ( my calling ) I tried to basically hide from my followers and fans. I'm doin a lot better now after the passing of my son. Which took awhile for me to get over. If you would like to catch up ask anything or just talk I'm on Facebook at Stephen Reed .
Sorry to hear about your loss and health issues.

I enjoyed watching you rip it up in your younger days.

Keep the faith and do your best with what you can.

Good luck.
bondsmx
1/30/2013 3:08pm
Hey Chase, had to say hello.. we had some great battles over the years... too many to remember... Super sorry to hear about the lose of your son... Im a father now, 3 year old son named Race. I couldnt even imagine going through something like that. Again, my deepest condolences. Hope as is well man, best of luck with everything.
1/30/2013 4:58pm
Hey thank you all it makes me feel good to know you all still care. My mxrs where a second family for me. Most of the friends I had/have came from those days. I'm in good health now. And I have gotten over my losses at least to the point of moving on. Things like that don't fade from memory... But it has brought me closer to god somehow. I'm no perfect person ive had my share of mistakes. I'd love for you guys to add me on Facebook so we can keep in touch better. Stephen Reed is what You'll look for. Whether we know each other or not, add me. I can say I have changed quite abit since then and its all for the better! You guys rock and it was so cool to hear back so quickly! Sorry I left all my old fans and friends hanging and wandering... I was ashamed even though I couldn't help my circumstances. Much love everyone!!!
1/30/2013 5:01pm
Oh and bobby you the Man U, marley, and buckeloo (however u spell it) my nemesis's lol we all wanted that number one Smile , good ol days man.
1/30/2013 5:06pm
mx356 wrote:
Just talked to Caleb and he said he hasn't been able to talk to Chase in awhile but the last time he did he wasn't doing...
Just talked to Caleb and he said he hasn't been able to talk to Chase in awhile but the last time he did he wasn't doing very good at all. He was working for his dad and then got really sick, he wasn't sure if it was cancer or what. I know that's probably not the info your looking for but all that Caleb knew
Actually I got sick b4 I quit I couldn't go nemore... I was loosin all protein I would take in. But I'm fine and I can still rip up a track if need be Smile . Haven't lost it. I'm glad eveyone cares though! And no def not cancer though indie come close to dying once or twice. 100% now buddy !
jeffro503
1/30/2013 5:21pm
Chase I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and are still doing some riding. Just another guy on here wishing you the best in the future and I am really sorry to hear about what happened with your son. Stick around and shoot the shit out of moto with us every once in a while. Some pretty good times on this board ( sometimes ) Smile
1/30/2013 5:26pm
Thank you friend and I will be on here more... Made me rather sad to read all the comments b4 I got on. I'm really sorry I left everyone wandering
activeMX
1/30/2013 6:37pm
Hey thank you all it makes me feel good to know you all still care. My mxrs where a second family for me. Most of the...
Hey thank you all it makes me feel good to know you all still care. My mxrs where a second family for me. Most of the friends I had/have came from those days. I'm in good health now. And I have gotten over my losses at least to the point of moving on. Things like that don't fade from memory... But it has brought me closer to god somehow. I'm no perfect person ive had my share of mistakes. I'd love for you guys to add me on Facebook so we can keep in touch better. Stephen Reed is what You'll look for. Whether we know each other or not, add me. I can say I have changed quite abit since then and its all for the better! You guys rock and it was so cool to hear back so quickly! Sorry I left all my old fans and friends hanging and wandering... I was ashamed even though I couldn't help my circumstances. Much love everyone!!!
Chase, remember doing the Nationals in 2001 in Bobby Reagan's rig with Eric Vallejo? Then you might remember me! I drove the rig and wrenched on Eric's bike. I remember you annoying the crap out of me most times but still a few good memories from that summer. Most notably going to Windham's house with you and riding Eric's bike all week then getting the rig stuck on K-Dub's front lawn. Glad to hear you're doing better!
1/30/2013 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2013 11:48pm

mom241 wrote:
I guess the kid I'm thinking about had the last name Davenport then, because he only had a little brother. When I started paying attention to...
I guess the kid I'm thinking about had the last name Davenport then, because he only had a little brother. When I started paying attention to the sport again in 2003, I kept wondering if that Chase from down there was him. Totally confused me...

@Bish153, her name was Toni. She talked like they dated for a few years. I believed her, because 1) I'm gullible, and 2) she knew way more about motocross than the average Nitro Circus viewer. That class was in 2007, so I guess it would have been before then.
"Oh an btw hank thrill that girl was telling the truth, and her name was Toni Graves. We were together for about 3 1/2 yrs."
therealjonon
1/31/2013 6:06am
chase, make this place your regular buddy. we all miss your riding!!!!
1/31/2013 8:20am
I use to wait for you around the night track at Village Creek MX so I could try and ride your pace. Always wondered what happened to you. Glad to here everything is good

Post a reply to: Chase Reed

The Latest