Boo birds at A2

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:40am
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a pretty picture for the sport!
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/21/2010 6:41am
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a...
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a pretty picture for the sport!
They Boo somebody every year. I guess that will never change.
R-acer
1/21/2010 6:42am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 6:43am
With all the crap that has gone down at and since Phoenix the boo birds will be out in full force against James Stewart. Not a...
So you signed up today, to come here and talk about booing a rider? Interesting
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/21/2010 6:44am
Moto_Geek wrote:
Man specially at Anaheim..
I can remember being there in I think it was 2003 when RC was booed very badly.

I could not believe how bad it was.

The Shop

1/21/2010 6:45am
Nah, signed up along time ago. Just stating my opinion after reading that they were booing him at A1. Like I said, I don't think I don't think it wil be good for the sport. Have a good day.
knobby101
1/21/2010 6:49am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:13pm
Boo'ers.. hold overs from Roman times.. and they were homo's too!
Reminds me of mexcan baseball.. Everyone is all happy, then someone misses a play and there's a hail of tecate battles from the stands... If the circus people have there way, that will be Supercross's future.. oh, wait.. that's vital!!!
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/21/2010 7:00am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 7:00am
knobby101 wrote:
Boo'ers.. hold overs from Roman times.. and they were homo's too! Reminds me of mexcan baseball.. Everyone is all happy, then someone misses a play and...
Boo'ers.. hold overs from Roman times.. and they were homo's too!
Reminds me of mexcan baseball.. Everyone is all happy, then someone misses a play and there's a hail of tecate battles from the stands... If the circus people have there way, that will be Supercross's future.. oh, wait.. that's vital!!!
LOL I tried to google that, did you mean tecate bottles?
1/21/2010 7:08am
At Phoenix, they Boo'd both Reed and JBS. IT9 seemed to get the loudest applause from where we were standing. But then again, he came down our isle during the introductions.
AUS_Twisted
1/21/2010 8:12am
It would be interesting to see the crowd response if Stewart raced SuperX at the end of this year lol, I'm not sure why he even pulled out of last years SuperX? never read up into any of that.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/21/2010 8:59am
Who knows why people boo? I just call it dumb.

Have you ever been to a NASCAR race during driver intros? It's almost like someone's holding up cue cards for "Hero" or "Villian," and the crowd is responding accordingly.

And at pro wrestling events? When the bad guy comes in and gets roundly booed? Yep, there are a couple sports on the verge of collapse. Wink
Friday
1/21/2010 9:03am
I hate booing! Always have. At least with nascar and SX there are no predetermined winners and no script,per se. Many times I will turn to the dork beside me or behind me that is booing at the Frenchman,or James,or the Aussie,or whoever and say,"Seriously? You're "booing this guy? Why?"Dizzy
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/21/2010 9:11am
I know JMB had his on-track battles, but I was at Anaheim one year when they were booing him.

Maybe booing is just a sign that you've made it?
1/21/2010 9:24am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:13pm
GuyB wrote:
I know JMB had his on-track battles, but I was at Anaheim one year when they were booing him. Maybe booing is just a sign that...
I know JMB had his on-track battles, but I was at Anaheim one year when they were booing him.

Why do people have to spin this?

Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home team.

People boo Terrell Owens because his public persona makes him appear to be unlikeable. People boo Manny Ramirez because his public persona makes him appear to be a unlikeable as well. And people will boo James too, because his public persona makes him appear to be a self-centered, spoiled kid. The paying public has every right to express their opinion. What people know of him, some do not like. Has nothing to do with the fact that he can race a scooter better than anyone on the planet. That is besides the point.
Friday
1/21/2010 9:33am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 9:37am
GuyB wrote:
I know JMB had his on-track battles, but I was at Anaheim one year when they were booing him. Maybe booing is just a sign that...

"Being booed" could be a sign that you've made it. "Being the Booer" could be a sign of low IQ,bitterness of one's own life,and low social skills. Just sayin'. Wink To anyone who likes to Boo people at events,I say this. Go into your bathroom.Look in the mirror.And give your biggest,best,heartfelt "Boo".How does it look? How does it sound? And in all actually,the person you are booing in the mirror is the reason you Boo in public.
Rupert X
1/21/2010 9:38am

I've never let the booing get to me, it's the hissing that really sets me off.

Whether it was in high-school, the military, the oceanographic institute or

the locksmith academy - it was the hissing that sent me into tears and

seeking the embrace of a woman much taller.

The hissing.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
1/21/2010 9:40am
mxtryon231
1/21/2010 9:43am
ever been to a Padre / Dodgers / game when they played the Giants with Bonds still on the team??

THOSE were some serious boos.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/21/2010 9:43am
Why do people have to spin this? Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home...

Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home team.

People boo Terrell Owens because his public persona makes him appear to be unlikeable. People boo Manny Ramirez because his public persona makes him appear to be a unlikeable as well. And people will boo James too, because his public persona makes him appear to be a self-centered, spoiled kid. The paying public has every right to express their opinion. What people know of him, some do not like. Has nothing to do with the fact that he can race a scooter better than anyone on the planet. That is besides the point.
I'm a spin doctor now? Can I add that to my resume?
Torco1
1/21/2010 9:44am
GuyB wrote:
Who knows why people boo? I just call it dumb. Have you ever been to a NASCAR race during driver intros? It's almost like someone's holding...

Have you ever been to a NASCAR race during driver intros? It's almost like someone's holding up cue cards for "Hero" or "Villian," and the crowd is responding accordingly.

And at pro wrestling events? When the bad guy comes in and gets roundly booed? Yep, there are a couple sports on the verge of collapse. Wink
And this is exactly what sucks about this whole thing......its turning our little sport that we all love into a friggin WWE circus.
Rupert X
1/21/2010 9:46am
GuyB wrote:
Who knows why people boo? I just call it dumb. Have you ever been to a NASCAR race during driver intros? It's almost like someone's holding...

Torco1 wrote:
And this is exactly what sucks about this whole thing......its turning our little sport that we all love into a friggin WWE circus.

Yeah - what's next ?

Are they gonna include Monster Trucks on the same telecast ?
Torco1
1/21/2010 9:50am
GuyB wrote:

Torco1 wrote:
Rupert X wrote:

Yeah - what's next ?

I guess the promoters could really hype this whole villian/ good-guy thing up for better attendance. They can start handing out pillowcases stuffed with soap for the riders to swing at each other on the track.....something along those lines would be nice.
YZKEN250
1/21/2010 9:51am
Rupert X wrote:

Yeah - what's next ?

Monster Trucks, Boooooooo!!! lol
Holigan
1/21/2010 9:58am
I have been against saying Boo ever since the great Boo Koo debacle of 2006.
Torco1
1/21/2010 10:00am
Its going to be awesome when they start dressing James or Chad in a cape and top-hat with a mustache and unibrow during opening ceremonies. They can give the fans tomatoes and stuff to throw at them while booing and hissing, meanwhile the guy on the piano will add to the drama with is killer chops...........cant wait!
Trip
1/21/2010 10:01am
GuyB wrote:

Why do people have to spin this? Maybe people booed JMB for the same reason a Giants fan boos the Eagles. They root for the home...

I agree 100%!!!!! I think people take the booing to seriously... Do they expect everyone to clap for all the riders?? Is it ok to boo Jason Lawrence??? Seems you guys want it both ways, you want mainstream, but you don't want all that goes with it... In all pro sports people boo, our little sport is no different. I personally don't boo, or clap.
1/21/2010 10:04am
Torco1 wrote:
I think the promoters additons of smoke, laser and fireworks to the opening ceremonies and sexy young girls holding up the event/30 second cards pretty much took care of us heading in that direction.

(for the record, my son and I totally agree with the Monster Energy Girls additions to our great sport.....and they seldom get boo'd)
ocscottie
1/21/2010 10:04am
Speaking of boo'ing and other sports, in the NFL, a lot the time even if the HOME team makes a decision that the crowd doesnt agree with, the boo birds come out in full force in a fashion that our sport has never heard/seen. (well maybe the whole RC wearing the crown at the US open entrance comes close)

Torco1
1/21/2010 10:09am
ocscottie wrote:
Speaking of boo'ing and other sports, in the NFL, a lot the time even if the HOME team makes a decision that the crowd doesnt agree...
Speaking of boo'ing and other sports, in the NFL, a lot the time even if the HOME team makes a decision that the crowd doesnt agree with, the boo birds come out in full force in a fashion that our sport has never heard/seen. (well maybe the whole RC wearing the crown at the US open entrance comes close)

That is true, hell they even throw crap out on the field at the players. At least James hasnt been pelted with a nice frosty Coors Light while in the air over a triple.....yet.
ocscottie
1/21/2010 10:15am
ocscottie wrote:
Speaking of boo'ing and other sports, in the NFL, a lot the time even if the HOME team makes a decision that the crowd doesnt agree...

Torco1 wrote:
That is true, hell they even throw crap out on the field at the players. At least James hasnt been pelted with a nice frosty Coors...
That is true, hell they even throw crap out on the field at the players. At least James hasnt been pelted with a nice frosty Coors Light while in the air over a triple.....yet.
Didnt he get a plastic bottle thrown at him on track at the MXDN?

Post a reply to: Boo birds at A2

The Latest