Escondido California would be best for first
Time on Mx track....
Thanks for the input ...
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/19/2020 2:53pm
Fox Raceway in Pala has a vet and beginner track.

Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park also has a vet and beginner track.

Brent
7/19/2020 3:21pm
22 miles north to Pala my friend.

Try to go on a Friday Monday or Tuesday for the first time, not as crowded.
Alex.434
7/19/2020 4:10pm
You want to ride/find the 'Vet tracks'.

Pala is closest to you and has a nice Vet track. Nothing to intimidating, whole track is on flat ground, and overall decent choice. It can get MOBBED on the weekends though so I'd recommend trying to avoid that. Late in the day they tend to clear out, most of the weekend Vet Track Heroes get there early and leave by 12-1pm. Past that it will settle down.

Cahuilla is a bit further away but also has a very nice vet track. Open Wed, Sat, and Sunday. Again, weekends tend to be a bit busy. Cahuilla also has some nice trails on the property which might be nice for a beginner rider to check out. The Vet track has elevation changes, as Cahuilla is on hilly property.

Perris MX and State Fair MX both have Vet tracks also, but I'd recommend Cahuilla or Pala over those two. Lake Elsinore has a Vet track, but I personally avoid that place.

Plenty of YouTube videos online of all the various Vet tracks. Whatever you do, just hold your line and don't do anything unpredictable. Just ride your line and don't weave/cut all over the track and passing riders will have no problem getting around.

The Shop

biondo
7/19/2020 4:41pm
Alex.434 wrote:
You want to ride/find the 'Vet tracks'. Pala is closest to you and has a nice Vet track. Nothing to intimidating, whole track is on flat...

Pala is closest to you and has a nice Vet track. Nothing to intimidating, whole track is on flat ground, and overall decent choice. It can get MOBBED on the weekends though so I'd recommend trying to avoid that. Late in the day they tend to clear out, most of the weekend Vet Track Heroes get there early and leave by 12-1pm. Past that it will settle down.

Cahuilla is a bit further away but also has a very nice vet track. Open Wed, Sat, and Sunday. Again, weekends tend to be a bit busy. Cahuilla also has some nice trails on the property which might be nice for a beginner rider to check out. The Vet track has elevation changes, as Cahuilla is on hilly property.

Perris MX and State Fair MX both have Vet tracks also, but I'd recommend Cahuilla or Pala over those two. Lake Elsinore has a Vet track, but I personally avoid that place.

Plenty of YouTube videos online of all the various Vet tracks. Whatever you do, just hold your line and don't do anything unpredictable. Just ride your line and don't weave/cut all over the track and passing riders will have no problem getting around.
Thanks so Much!! I’m a masters road racing cyclist so understand about holding your line ..very good advice ! thinking cuhilla heard its a bit cooler 😎 Stay Safe!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/19/2020 6:26pm
If you get comfortable on the local tracks and want to try and race you may look into the 2 vintage groups in So Cal.
Calvmx and American retro cross will both have classes for modern bikes. The plus side for beginners is you will be racing on vintage bike friendly tracks. Have fun
biondo
7/19/2020 8:21pm
KennyT wrote:
If you get comfortable on the local tracks and want to try and race you may look into the 2 vintage groups in So Cal. Calvmx...
If you get comfortable on the local tracks and want to try and race you may look into the 2 vintage groups in So Cal.
Calvmx and American retro cross will both have classes for modern bikes. The plus side for beginners is you will be racing on vintage bike friendly tracks. Have fun
Thanks I’ll check it out ...hard to find old guys into adventure ...
7/19/2020 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2020 8:41pm
Pala is closest but is super busy. Elsinore is second closest, has 2 vet tracks, and is better then Pala for someone new. Cahuilla has the best vet track but could be intimidating if it’s your first track day. Perris and state fair vet tracks are good too for a beginner but kind of boring. Perris is closer then state fair. There is no shortage of options.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
7/20/2020 4:58am
Move to florida, race at Dade City. Have a wonderful chance of being pro. The about of pros to come out in the past 30 years is crazy
BeachMX
7/20/2020 7:21am
I just started riding again after a 16 year absence, so basically starting over. I have been hitting the vet tracks at mostly State Fair and Perris.. easy tracks(especially State Fair), and beginner friendly. If you go on a weekday like most have said, its usually not as crowded, although I have seen Perris super packed on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
7/20/2020 8:22am
Alex.434 wrote:
You want to ride/find the 'Vet tracks'. Pala is closest to you and has a nice Vet track. Nothing to intimidating, whole track is on flat...

biondo wrote:
Thanks so Much!! I’m a masters road racing cyclist so understand about holding your line ..very good advice ! thinking cuhilla heard its a bit cooler...
Thanks so Much!! I’m a masters road racing cyclist so understand about holding your line ..very good advice ! thinking cuhilla heard its a bit cooler 😎 Stay Safe!
I would go to Cahuilla Creek. There Vet track is nice and flowing with moderate jumps and it is not crowed. I rode Fox about three weeks ago and it was way too crowed.
biondo
7/20/2020 9:49am
Alex.434 wrote:

biondo wrote:
Thanks so Much!! I’m a masters road racing cyclist so understand about holding your line ..very good advice ! thinking cuhilla heard its a bit cooler...
mumbles wrote:
I would go to Cahuilla Creek. There Vet track is nice and flowing with moderate jumps and it is not crowed. I rode Fox about three...
I would go to Cahuilla Creek. There Vet track is nice and flowing with moderate jumps and it is not crowed. I rode Fox about three weeks ago and it was way too crowed.
Thanks for info! I think that will be my First track day🤠 from the videos looks like it is well groomed...and Thanks everyone for the input!!
Alex.434
7/20/2020 1:43pm
biondo wrote:
mumbles wrote:
I would go to Cahuilla Creek. There Vet track is nice and flowing with moderate jumps and it is not crowed. I rode Fox about three...
biondo wrote:
Thanks for info! I think that will be my First track day🤠 from the videos looks like it is well groomed...and Thanks everyone for the input!!
Lemme know when you are going. I live close by (Cahuilla) and if I'm able I'll swing over and ride with you.
biondo
7/20/2020 2:36pm
mumbles wrote:
biondo wrote:
Alex.434 wrote:
Lemme know when you are going. I live close by (Cahuilla) and if I'm able I'll swing over and ride with you.
Thanks Alex that would be Great! Was thinking Wednesday if I can get some stuff done...Or if you think another day would be less crowded...Thanks Warren
Alex.434
7/20/2020 3:08pm
biondo wrote:
Thanks Alex that would be Great! Was thinking Wednesday if I can get some stuff done...Or if you think another day would be less crowded...Thanks Warren
Wednesday is fine. I was already thinking about hitting it this Wed so yea. Normally not too busy on the Vet on Wednesdays.

That your truck and bike in the avatar pic? RMZ450 and white truck with contractor racks? My bike is in my avatar pic. I'll come find ya. Hours are currently 8-2pm so I'll be rolling in like 9:30'ish
biondo
7/20/2020 3:35pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Wednesday is fine. I was already thinking about hitting it this Wed so yea. Normally not too busy on the Vet on Wednesdays. That your truck...
Wednesday is fine. I was already thinking about hitting it this Wed so yea. Normally not too busy on the Vet on Wednesdays.

That your truck and bike in the avatar pic? RMZ450 and white truck with contractor racks? My bike is in my avatar pic. I'll come find ya. Hours are currently 8-2pm so I'll be rolling in like 9:30'ish
Sounds great! I’ll get there a bit early...that is my truck and it’s a 250rmz thought 450 would be too Much for a old guy 😎
BAMX
7/20/2020 8:25pm
If you can't do the weekday thing, try going in the afternoon. The tracks are rougher but the crowds are way down.
Spudnut
7/21/2020 5:42am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2020 5:42am
Call in sick on a Monday or Tuesday and go rip it my dude.
biondo
7/22/2020 8:48pm
biondo wrote:
Alex.434 wrote:
Wednesday is fine. I was already thinking about hitting it this Wed so yea. Normally not too busy on the Vet on Wednesdays. That your truck...

Hi Alex sorry you couldn’t make to today...
Thanks for recommending Cahuilla! Had a Great First Day! Track was well groomed and constant watering kept dust down and traction up! Only one front wheel washout on wet downhill corner! Body armor saved me!! Jumping is going to take some practice!! Not used to flying without wings!
Got lucky to have parked next to a ex pro Antonio Lima and sons ...he gave me some Great tips on body positions and keeping elbows up! He took these photos..Great Guy!! After 3hours straight the 66 yr old body was Tired! 😂
Thanks Guys for all the input!!
Really Enjoying this Site!

BeachMX
7/22/2020 10:22pm
Looking good Biondo! Keep it up!!

Alex.434
7/22/2020 10:38pm
66 and just started MX! You badass. Inspiration for sure.

Yeah sent you a DM (which I saw after this you got). Somehow pulled an oblique last night and hurt like a sucker. Barely slept.

Let me know next time you roll out and will try to make it.

Glad ya had fun.
biondo
7/23/2020 12:31pm
Alex.434 wrote:
66 and just started MX! You badass. Inspiration for sure. Yeah sent you a DM (which I saw after this you got). Somehow pulled an oblique...
66 and just started MX! You badass. Inspiration for sure.

Yeah sent you a DM (which I saw after this you got). Somehow pulled an oblique last night and hurt like a sucker. Barely slept.

Let me know next time you roll out and will try to make it.

Glad ya had fun.
Thanks Alex! Have to keep moving at this Age!! But the 66 yr old body is hurting today 😂 Thinking of taking a lesson next month from EX PRO Antonio Guto Lima next month 🤠
Here he is making it look easy!!

Post a reply to: Best MX Track for Beginner?

The Latest