A week until the Mini O's....

huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
Edited Date/Time 11/18/2014 12:03pm
Let's hope that we don't hear the normal news from there and that all the kids are safe!!!!
|
KMC440
Posts
7764
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
11/17/2014 8:34am
I second the motion.
11/17/2014 8:39am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2014 8:44am
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things.
Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime.
Kids learning how much hard work goes into being succesful.
Kids realizing that their family truly sacrificed for them and in return will do anything for their family.
And so much more.

That's the normal news that comes out of these races.

Some of you negative people need to stop reading about races and go to them so you can see that more good is done at these races than bad.

I guess I'm getting tired of hearing all the "negative" things happening at these races, when racing helped make a lot of us the great men we are today.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 8:46am
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things. Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime. Kids learning how...
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things.
Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime.
Kids learning how much hard work goes into being succesful.
Kids realizing that their family truly sacrificed for them and in return will do anything for their family.
And so much more.

That's the normal news that comes out of these races.

Some of you negative people need to stop reading about races and go to them so you can see that more good is done at these races than bad.

I guess I'm getting tired of hearing all the "negative" things happening at these races, when racing helped make a lot of us the great men we are today.
You're right...we should overlook these kids dying, entirely too early....

11/17/2014 8:50am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2014 8:51am
huck wrote:
You're right...we should overlook these kids dying, entirely too early....

That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages.

As sad as it is, and as much as we don't want to see it happen, more good is coming out of those races than bad. Not sure why this site never sees that, other than they're not at the races.

The Shop

MX Culture
Posts
3287
Joined
6/19/2009
Location
Lake Geneva, WI, USA
11/17/2014 8:51am
Went there last year to cover it for CycleNews and Motonews.
Had a blast and the middle of the week rain really mixed things up.
Won't be making it down this year, but reccommed to anyone that is thinking of going.
good times.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 8:52am
huck wrote:
You're right...we should overlook these kids dying, entirely too early....

That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages. As sad as it is, and as much as we...
That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages.

As sad as it is, and as much as we don't want to see it happen, more good is coming out of those races than bad. Not sure why this site never sees that, other than they're not at the races.
In my opinion...if one child dies at this race....that is one too many! I guess you see it differently....

11/17/2014 9:02am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2014 9:04am
huck wrote:
You're right...we should overlook these kids dying, entirely too early....

That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages. As sad as it is, and as much as we...
That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages.

As sad as it is, and as much as we don't want to see it happen, more good is coming out of those races than bad. Not sure why this site never sees that, other than they're not at the races.
huck wrote:
In my opinion...if one child dies at this race....that is one too many! I guess you see it differently....

I see it as bad things happen everywhere.
We try our best to prevent it from the parents teaching a kid proper techniques on a bike to the track owner making sure they have medics, but terrible things will still happen.

They will happen in cars, schools, school buses, college, homes, pools, family ranches and everywhere in between. We don't get rid of these things because they have more value for children than they do negatives. This sport helps far more than it hurts, but I don't see most of you praising it for the good it does.

If this sport is so horrible, maybe some of you should stop posting here and leave it alone for the people actually trying to make it safer, and better while also making sure it stays around so kids can grow up doing something almost magical.
txgoon
Posts
151
Joined
4/4/2013
Location
Denton, TX, USA
11/17/2014 9:06am
I see it as bad things happen everywhere. We try our best to prevent it from the parents teaching a kid proper techniques on a bike...
I see it as bad things happen everywhere.
We try our best to prevent it from the parents teaching a kid proper techniques on a bike to the track owner making sure they have medics, but terrible things will still happen.

They will happen in cars, schools, school buses, college, homes, pools, family ranches and everywhere in between. We don't get rid of these things because they have more value for children than they do negatives. This sport helps far more than it hurts, but I don't see most of you praising it for the good it does.

If this sport is so horrible, maybe some of you should stop posting here and leave it alone for the people actually trying to make it safer, and better while also making sure it stays around so kids can grow up doing something almost magical.
You, I like you.
Renner153
Posts
1672
Joined
12/10/2008
Location
Mulberry, FL, USA
11/17/2014 9:14am
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things. Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime. Kids learning how...
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things.
Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime.
Kids learning how much hard work goes into being succesful.
Kids realizing that their family truly sacrificed for them and in return will do anything for their family.
And so much more.

That's the normal news that comes out of these races.

Some of you negative people need to stop reading about races and go to them so you can see that more good is done at these races than bad.

I guess I'm getting tired of hearing all the "negative" things happening at these races, when racing helped make a lot of us the great men we are today.
This
O___o
Posts
730
Joined
9/25/2014
Location
CA
11/17/2014 9:17am
huck likes to suck the "fun" out of the "room"...
CCMX
Posts
359
Joined
7/22/2009
Location
Shreveport, LA, USA
11/17/2014 9:21am
Mini O's are awesome, can't wait. Motocross is a dangerous sport, you take a chance every time you get on the bike, even a chance you could die.

Everyone racing there knows the risks, anyone who has ever done anything great has taken risks to get there.

This site is Vital mx, mx must not be that Vital around here.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 9:22am
That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages. As sad as it is, and as much as we...
That's not the normal news coming out of those races and more the law of averages.

As sad as it is, and as much as we don't want to see it happen, more good is coming out of those races than bad. Not sure why this site never sees that, other than they're not at the races.
huck wrote:
In my opinion...if one child dies at this race....that is one too many! I guess you see it differently....

I see it as bad things happen everywhere. We try our best to prevent it from the parents teaching a kid proper techniques on a bike...
I see it as bad things happen everywhere.
We try our best to prevent it from the parents teaching a kid proper techniques on a bike to the track owner making sure they have medics, but terrible things will still happen.

They will happen in cars, schools, school buses, college, homes, pools, family ranches and everywhere in between. We don't get rid of these things because they have more value for children than they do negatives. This sport helps far more than it hurts, but I don't see most of you praising it for the good it does.

If this sport is so horrible, maybe some of you should stop posting here and leave it alone for the people actually trying to make it safer, and better while also making sure it stays around so kids can grow up doing something almost magical.
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical"....

Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's it....

No, it's gotta be that we've put pressure on kids at a very young age to WIN.... That's gotta be it...

No, it's that the factories give stuff to kids that finish higher, so they risk more to get 'free stuff'... Yep, that's it.....

No, it's probably making the tracks faster, with bigger jumps....
Darryl916
Posts
1252
Joined
12/19/2013
Location
Budds Creek, MD, USA
11/17/2014 10:04am
huck wrote:
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical".... Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's...
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical"....

Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's it....

No, it's gotta be that we've put pressure on kids at a very young age to WIN.... That's gotta be it...

No, it's that the factories give stuff to kids that finish higher, so they risk more to get 'free stuff'... Yep, that's it.....

No, it's probably making the tracks faster, with bigger jumps....
Why are you even here, seriously?
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:05am
huck wrote:
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical".... Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's...
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical"....

Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's it....

No, it's gotta be that we've put pressure on kids at a very young age to WIN.... That's gotta be it...

No, it's that the factories give stuff to kids that finish higher, so they risk more to get 'free stuff'... Yep, that's it.....

No, it's probably making the tracks faster, with bigger jumps....
Darryl916 wrote:
Why are you even here, seriously?
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
jleews6
Posts
2304
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
Hardy, VA, USA
11/17/2014 10:06am
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things. Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime. Kids learning how...
The normal news of families coming together to accomplish amazing things.
Fathers making bonds with their sons/daughters they will cherish for a lifetime.
Kids learning how much hard work goes into being succesful.
Kids realizing that their family truly sacrificed for them and in return will do anything for their family.
And so much more.

That's the normal news that comes out of these races.

Some of you negative people need to stop reading about races and go to them so you can see that more good is done at these races than bad.

I guess I'm getting tired of hearing all the "negative" things happening at these races, when racing helped make a lot of us the great men we are today.
This is what my son and I experienced.
nytsmaC
Posts
5946
Joined
8/10/2009
Location
Frig Off, CA
11/17/2014 10:10am
huck wrote:
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical".... Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's...
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical"....

Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's it....

No, it's gotta be that we've put pressure on kids at a very young age to WIN.... That's gotta be it...

No, it's that the factories give stuff to kids that finish higher, so they risk more to get 'free stuff'... Yep, that's it.....

No, it's probably making the tracks faster, with bigger jumps....
Darryl916 wrote:
Why are you even here, seriously?
huck wrote:
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
Doesn't sound like you're a racing fan.
4stroke4DWIN
Posts
2765
Joined
1/15/2012
Location
texas city, TX, USA
11/17/2014 10:13am
O___o wrote:
huck likes to suck the "fun" out of the "room"...
I laughed out loud, for reals!! hahahWoohoo Laughing
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:18am
Darryl916 wrote:
Why are you even here, seriously?
huck wrote:
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
nytsmaC wrote:
Doesn't sound like you're a racing fan.
Why not, because I hope that some kids don't die next week... What a dick I am....
Darryl916
Posts
1252
Joined
12/19/2013
Location
Budds Creek, MD, USA
11/17/2014 10:26am
huck wrote:
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical".... Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's...
So what, in reality, has been done to make the sport for the little guys "safer"...let alone "magical"....

Oh, I know...we've made the motorcycles faster. That's it....

No, it's gotta be that we've put pressure on kids at a very young age to WIN.... That's gotta be it...

No, it's that the factories give stuff to kids that finish higher, so they risk more to get 'free stuff'... Yep, that's it.....

No, it's probably making the tracks faster, with bigger jumps....
Darryl916 wrote:
Why are you even here, seriously?
huck wrote:
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
It sounds like you hate the sport. This isn't a safe sport. Nobody wants to get hurt or see anyone else get hurt but it's a part of it. It's a part of life. We learn thru MX how to get off our ass and face our fears in pursue of what we love, and pass that on to our children. MX isn't the only way to do that but it's what most of us have chosen either for ourselves or for our family. Your negative comment sort of rubbed me the wrong way. This is a MX site. Why come here and say MX is messed up?
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:29am
Darryl916 wrote:
Why are you even here, seriously?
huck wrote:
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
Darryl916 wrote:
It sounds like you hate the sport. This isn't a safe sport. Nobody wants to get hurt or see anyone else get hurt but it's a...
It sounds like you hate the sport. This isn't a safe sport. Nobody wants to get hurt or see anyone else get hurt but it's a part of it. It's a part of life. We learn thru MX how to get off our ass and face our fears in pursue of what we love, and pass that on to our children. MX isn't the only way to do that but it's what most of us have chosen either for ourselves or for our family. Your negative comment sort of rubbed me the wrong way. This is a MX site. Why come here and say MX is messed up?
Hate the sport? You're insane....

Hate the way that kids are placed in danger, for profits, YES, definitely.
Tracks, especially for kids NEED to be safer, or we won't have to worry about any future for the sport. Why is that so hard for some to understand? I want to see the sport grow and prosper for years to come, kids dying and making national news will not help that.....



BTW, good parents will teach children life lessons without MX, so don't act like it's the save all, end all to helping raise a responsible child.
O___o
Posts
730
Joined
9/25/2014
Location
CA
11/17/2014 10:35am
huck, are you one of those people who gets on social media on Veteran's Day and says "Fuck Veterans" for attention? Genuine question.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:38am
O___o wrote:
huck, are you one of those people who gets on social media on Veteran's Day and says "Fuck Veterans" for attention? Genuine question.
where did I say "fuck the kids"?

This post, would be like getting on social media on Veteran's Day and saying "Bring the troops home"... but I can see how you'd think i meant "fuck the veterans"...because you're a lunatic that has had 25 names...


nytsmaC
Posts
5946
Joined
8/10/2009
Location
Frig Off, CA
11/17/2014 10:40am
huck wrote:
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
nytsmaC wrote:
Doesn't sound like you're a racing fan.
huck wrote:
Why not, because I hope that some kids don't die next week... What a dick I am....
I understand that, but you can't blame events like the Mini O's for asshole parents pressuring their kids into riding out of their comfort zone, fast/talented kids getting extra support/sponsorship, or serious injuries (or death) occuring. These things happen in every sport, at every level. I'm not sure what your beef is here, other than to be a stick in the mud.
Darryl916
Posts
1252
Joined
12/19/2013
Location
Budds Creek, MD, USA
11/17/2014 10:41am
huck wrote:
Because I'm a fan of Motocross... am I in the wrong place?
Darryl916 wrote:
It sounds like you hate the sport. This isn't a safe sport. Nobody wants to get hurt or see anyone else get hurt but it's a...
It sounds like you hate the sport. This isn't a safe sport. Nobody wants to get hurt or see anyone else get hurt but it's a part of it. It's a part of life. We learn thru MX how to get off our ass and face our fears in pursue of what we love, and pass that on to our children. MX isn't the only way to do that but it's what most of us have chosen either for ourselves or for our family. Your negative comment sort of rubbed me the wrong way. This is a MX site. Why come here and say MX is messed up?
huck wrote:
Hate the sport? You're insane.... Hate the way that kids are placed in danger, for profits, YES, definitely. Tracks, especially for kids NEED to be safer...
Hate the sport? You're insane....

Hate the way that kids are placed in danger, for profits, YES, definitely.
Tracks, especially for kids NEED to be safer, or we won't have to worry about any future for the sport. Why is that so hard for some to understand? I want to see the sport grow and prosper for years to come, kids dying and making national news will not help that.....



BTW, good parents will teach children life lessons without MX, so don't act like it's the save all, end all to helping raise a responsible child.
Maybe your delivery is what sucked. But that explanation sounds a little better. And no i didn't mean to convey MX is the be all end all on the road to becoming a productive adult. It's just a damn good tool in the tool box in my opinion. My 12 year old son doesn't race because it doesn't suit him (he's an excellent basketball player) but for a kid that has the talent and desire, MX is awesome, even with the danger. Don't go jump the 120 footer on a 65 if it's above your level. I don't believe in the world having to govern so many automatic safeties into things. I think it makes people dumber.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:43am
nytsmaC wrote:
Doesn't sound like you're a racing fan.
huck wrote:
Why not, because I hope that some kids don't die next week... What a dick I am....
nytsmaC wrote:
I understand that, but you can't blame events like the Mini O's for asshole parents pressuring their kids into riding out of their comfort zone, fast/talented...
I understand that, but you can't blame events like the Mini O's for asshole parents pressuring their kids into riding out of their comfort zone, fast/talented kids getting extra support/sponsorship, or serious injuries (or death) occuring. These things happen in every sport, at every level. I'm not sure what your beef is here, other than to be a stick in the mud.
I hust hope we don't have the "RIP little Johnny" thread in the next couple weeks...that's all.

I have several 'beef's' with the way kids are handed sponsorships and the tracks that they race on.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:49am
Darryl916 wrote:
Maybe your delivery is what sucked. But that explanation sounds a little better. And no i didn't mean to convey MX is the be all end...
Maybe your delivery is what sucked. But that explanation sounds a little better. And no i didn't mean to convey MX is the be all end all on the road to becoming a productive adult. It's just a damn good tool in the tool box in my opinion. My 12 year old son doesn't race because it doesn't suit him (he's an excellent basketball player) but for a kid that has the talent and desire, MX is awesome, even with the danger. Don't go jump the 120 footer on a 65 if it's above your level. I don't believe in the world having to govern so many automatic safeties into things. I think it makes people dumber.
Problem is, a 10 year old doesn't have the reasoning to decide if a 120 footer is above his level.... I am one of the most 'anti-liberal' person you'll meet, but sometimes there needs to be 'safeties' to protect children. Again, businesses that profit and dangle carrots in front of these kids are mostly to blame....
Tracktor
Posts
2343
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
The RTF/Amboy, WA, USA
11/17/2014 10:51am
huck wrote:
Why not, because I hope that some kids don't die next week... What a dick I am....
nytsmaC wrote:
I understand that, but you can't blame events like the Mini O's for asshole parents pressuring their kids into riding out of their comfort zone, fast/talented...
I understand that, but you can't blame events like the Mini O's for asshole parents pressuring their kids into riding out of their comfort zone, fast/talented kids getting extra support/sponsorship, or serious injuries (or death) occuring. These things happen in every sport, at every level. I'm not sure what your beef is here, other than to be a stick in the mud.
huck wrote:
I hust hope we don't have the "RIP little Johnny" thread in the next couple weeks...that's all. I have several 'beef's' with the way kids are...
I hust hope we don't have the "RIP little Johnny" thread in the next couple weeks...that's all.

I have several 'beef's' with the way kids are handed sponsorships and the tracks that they race on.
Being sponsored kills kids? Are you channeling Tony Alessi again?....................Nice cast, btw................a little more wrist and you will have it just perfect.............
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
11/17/2014 10:55am
I didn't mean the exclusively the Mini O's...just seems that most of the big events have at least one catastrophic event... Let's hope that isn't the case...is all I meant from this thread, and yes, it is extremely weird that some have taken offense to that.
peelout
Posts
18422
Joined
1/6/2011
Location
Ogden, UT, USA
11/17/2014 11:19am Edited Date/Time 11/17/2014 11:19am
hopefully Pierce Brown can bring home some titles from Florida this year, look forward to watching the results
Uncle Tony
Posts
4149
Joined
6/30/2014
Location
New York, NY, USA
11/17/2014 11:21am
I'm with you on this one huck

Post a reply to: A week until the Mini O's....

The Latest