5 Minutes with...Blake Wharton

moto922
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:59pm
Hey Steve Cox it was a racing accident. Blake should have told Cox to kiss where the sun don't shine.

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-blake-wharton-4-27-1…
|
bana0401
4/27/2010 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2010 1:26pm
If you read the last question Blaked called Cox, I respect Blake for taking responsibility
danman
4/27/2010 1:24pm
I think BUFFOON summed it up pretty good. I would have kicked his ASS in the pits, if I were Trey.
huck
4/27/2010 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:26pm
Cox seemed like a political reporter...geez, give it a fucking rest!!!

kongols
4/27/2010 1:31pm
So that`s` how they interrogate at GitmoPinch

The Shop

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
4/27/2010 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2010 1:34pm
damn, how many times did Steve feel the need to tell Blake that he fucked up? Pretty shitty of Steve and I normally like his interviews
oldAFI
4/27/2010 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2010 1:33pm
I think by the way Blake handled Cox's repeditive questions he showed a lot of humility... and he didn't get defensive, just kept repeating that he accepts responsibility. Blake handled this very well and if Trey Canard is still angry he should read Colossians 3:13.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
4/27/2010 1:35pm
Cox was hammering Wharton that's for sure. lol. The entire interview was about that situation.
Zycki11
4/27/2010 1:35pm
His interviews are generally good, it seems that he is crossing the line from journalist to philosopher with his opinions. I have noticed them getting more and more blunt. I don't feel it is necessary IMO.
huck
4/27/2010 1:37pm
Zycki11 wrote:
His interviews are generally good, it seems that he is crossing the line from journalist to philosopher with his opinions. I have noticed them getting more...
His interviews are generally good, it seems that he is crossing the line from journalist to philosopher with his opinions. I have noticed them getting more and more blunt. I don't feel it is necessary IMO.
Welcome to the "steve cox" show....

He's also good at making the questions longer than the answers.

Kind of reminds me of a little league umpire. They think that the people in the stands are there to see them.....
sharkey
4/27/2010 1:45pm
damn, how many times did Steve feel the need to tell Blake that he fucked up? Pretty shitty of Steve and I normally like his interviews
yeah no doubt, every ? was the same. too well trey knows how Rv felt when he ran him into that pole
oldAFI
4/27/2010 1:48pm
Zycki11 wrote:
His interviews are generally good, it seems that he is crossing the line from journalist to philosopher with his opinions. I have noticed them getting more...
huck wrote:
Welcome to the "steve cox" show.... He's also good at making the questions longer than the answers. Kind of reminds me of a little league umpire...

Kind of reminds me of a little league umpire. They think that the people in the stands are there to see them.....
Man at least Cox doesn't follow the typical suck up formula like most other MX reporters... he asks hard questions and holds their feet the fire which is exactly what this sport needs. Nobody cares about the same old questions with the same old answers regardless of the rider. Cox knows what's up and asks intelligent and interesting questions which gets the reader a deeper "feel" for the rider and the situation.
Zycki11
4/27/2010 1:59pm
Zycki11 wrote:
huck wrote:
Welcome to the "steve cox" show.... He's also good at making the questions longer than the answers. Kind of reminds me of a little league umpire...

oldAFI wrote:
Man at least Cox doesn't follow the typical suck up formula like most other MX reporters... he asks hard questions and holds their feet the fire...
Man at least Cox doesn't follow the typical suck up formula like most other MX reporters... he asks hard questions and holds their feet the fire which is exactly what this sport needs. Nobody cares about the same old questions with the same old answers regardless of the rider. Cox knows what's up and asks intelligent and interesting questions which gets the reader a deeper "feel" for the rider and the situation.
I am all for intelligent questions, you might want to reread what I said. Matthes does the same thing you mentioned without, pressing the issue, and repeating himself(Ferry). A journalist opinions do not belong in a interview.. It is the first thing you are taught. They are there to report the facts. Unless you are msnbc, or fox news.I respect Steve and his work. I feel he is very passionate, I also feel that his opinions are breaching too far into the interview. You can not compare Steve Cox to Blake Wharton. Like I said IMO
oldAFI
4/27/2010 2:18pm
huck wrote:

oldAFI wrote:
Man at least Cox doesn't follow the typical suck up formula like most other MX reporters... he asks hard questions and holds their feet the fire...
Zycki11 wrote:
I am all for intelligent questions, you might want to reread what I said. Matthes does the same thing you mentioned without, pressing the issue, and...
I am all for intelligent questions, you might want to reread what I said. Matthes does the same thing you mentioned without, pressing the issue, and repeating himself(Ferry). A journalist opinions do not belong in a interview.. It is the first thing you are taught. They are there to report the facts. Unless you are msnbc, or fox news.I respect Steve and his work. I feel he is very passionate, I also feel that his opinions are breaching too far into the interview. You can not compare Steve Cox to Blake Wharton. Like I said IMO
What you say is true, Cox could definately keep his opinions to a minimum and not be so repetitious; I was more responding to Huck's statement about little league umps.
4/27/2010 2:43pm
Big whoop, there's not a real reporter in MX by a long shot.

The only thing with some real depth to it was TWMX's interview with JLaw when he got out of jail.

All the rest consists of mostly: "how did it make you feel?" and "what does this or that mean to you?"

Throw in some RD5, rockstar makita BS and i close the page before the next question.

Vids are great these days, interview are still the same as in 2002, just the mediums have changed.
500guy
4/27/2010 2:53pm
huck wrote:
Cox seemed like a political reporter...geez, give it a fucking rest!!!

No shit, I think Blake knows how important it was.

This is like going to the principals office and he say's the same dumb shit over and over until you just say fuck off dude.
Rizzo
4/27/2010 3:30pm
I say Wharton manned up and said his peace. He made a mistake, wish it never happened and took responsibility. Not much more he can do. At least he didn't puss out on the questions or make excuses or pass the buck. Alessi camp can learn a bit from Wharton.

Big deal, Cox asked some hard questions, it's better than spouting off on the intraweb hiding behind the screen. As for Trey, he has a lot to be proud of this year and anything can happen in Utah, so lay it out, go for broke. Not that Karma got him or anything like that, but he did win a Lites title after a little"incident" with RV and well....... For the record, if I was Trey, I would have been fighting mad when I finished that race on Sun.
magoo23
4/27/2010 3:36pm
sharkey wrote:
yeah no doubt, every ? was the same. too well trey knows how Rv felt when he ran him into that pole
I forgot about the running RV off the track deal with Trey! Could Trey have let off when he saw Wharton in the inside line? If Wharton let's him by, people will bag on him for giving in too easy and not respecting the sport... If he races hard, then he's an idiot... What was the kid supposed to do Cox? Take the balls, out your mouth...
SteveS
4/27/2010 3:41pm
I doubt Wharton called Cox out of the blue. Most likely Cox called and left a message to call back for an interview. Then sat back to spring the trap.
moscrop940
4/27/2010 3:56pm
maybe i read it wrong but blake couldnt put together the sentence where he talked about windham comming back into the pits. I have nooo friggin clue what he was trying to say
burnside
4/27/2010 4:33pm
Damn, what a patronising interview. Wharton did well not to lose his rag there.
mom241
4/27/2010 4:33pm
I'm sorry--which one of you talked to Trey after the race? Oh yeah,
that's right none of you.

St. Louis? Are you kidding me? Give it a rest.

Trey and Blake are friends and will continue
to be friends.
nobhead
4/27/2010 4:38pm
Wharton " all i know is it made me look like a buffoon"
All I know is this article made Cox look like a buffoon. What a dick interview, giving a scolding. Wharton was racing and Canard has never let up for anyone at anytime that I can remember. Canard made a rookie move of cutting down assuming Wharton would pull over. I'm glad it happened to Canard based on his run in with RV and his actions on the 450. Whatever!
4/27/2010 4:42pm
Wharton is a good kid and too nice- he gets pushed around on the track and now by a reporter. There is no way a rider like J Law would get a grilling like that. I am waiting for this kid to explode and tell everybody to eff off. He's got huge talent and he said it was an accident. If Canard wants the championship so bad he should have beat Weimer and not rely on his teammates to let him by.
mom241
4/27/2010 4:44pm
What did he do wrong on the 450, oh wise one?

If you have to have your precious karma, how about a broken femur
and a broken wrist within 11 months?
magoo23
4/27/2010 4:52pm
mom241 wrote:
What did he do wrong on the 450, oh wise one? If you have to have your precious karma, how about a broken femur and a...

relax...... please..........
need love
4/27/2010 4:53pm
Your not out there racing for second, cox is an asshole. I don't think he tried to take him out it just happened and anyone who is gonna lay back and not fight for that top spot early on in the race needs to go home. IMO
Farva
4/27/2010 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2010 5:00pm
Zycki11 wrote:
huck wrote:

oldAFI wrote:
It depends on who he's interviewing.

If it's Stewart or Reed he plays the kiss ass game.

Then he gets pissed at BobbyM for calling him out for being a kiss ass and screams you're not my friend anymore.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
4/27/2010 5:06pm
mom241 wrote:
What did he do wrong on the 450, oh wise one? If you have to have your precious karma, how about a broken femur and a...

magoo23 wrote:
relax...... please..........
The ignorance festering in here is just amazing........ WhistlingWhistlingWhistlingWhistlingWhistling

(What's up, Mrs. Canard? Don't let these idiots get under your skin.)

Some of you clowns need to line up at the window with the "Clues" sign over it. Whistling

Anyone that has ever read the internet knows that Cox can't control the urge to inject himself and his opinions into everything.
Crush
4/27/2010 5:42pm
Haven't seen Nerdy around in a while... Steve - Are you out there? Care to comment?

Post a reply to: 5 Minutes with...Blake Wharton

The Latest