48 and 0...

mt798
Posts
1315
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:34am
From RacerX, Stewart on next season...

Q. It’s the question of the last couple of weeks, but are you going to be back next year to try and lead 300-and-something again?

A. I want to. You guys don’t understand. For me, there’s going to be some changes and stuff, and I’m excited about it. I would like to come back and do my deal, but we’ve just got to see what lies ahead and make the best of every situation. I feel good. I definitely want to come back to run the number-one plate and try and go 48 and 0.
|
835
Posts
651
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Turbotville, PA, USA
9/1/2008 9:26am
On yamis? I don't know.

(I don't like yamis. The ergo's are too cramped)
crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
9/1/2008 9:34am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:17pm
Translation:

Q: Please come back and race the nationals or I'll kill myself


A: Dude, try not to look so desperate. It's pathetic.
vet954
Posts
663
Joined
5/4/2008
Location
USA
9/1/2008 9:36am
"You guys don't understand".

He is not coming back to the Nationals.

Too bad. He was pretty good at them.
835
Posts
651
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Turbotville, PA, USA
9/1/2008 9:40am
The racing will be better. Although Alessi will run away if he come's out lik he did this year and you gota through in RV.

The Shop

Devil1nNj
Posts
960
Joined
11/12/2006
Location
Hewitt, NJ, USA
9/1/2008 9:42am
I know money talks and all that, but, how could James not defend his title?
I've been a Bubba fan from day one. If he misses one outdoor season for any reason other then injury I will be seriously disappointed as a fan.

I enjoy SX immensely,but,the outdoors is what this sport is all about. Its where all of us started participating in this great sport. The talk of SX only deals for top guys who are still in their prime needs to vanish. Money has, and always will cause problems.

I really think the guys on here who talk about combining the series in some way , shape, or form are really onto something. Each series is great in its own right, we need both.
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
9/1/2008 9:43am
The only way to save the outdoor nationals is for NPG to pay James not to race.
Larry
Posts
5092
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Fayetteville, GA, USA
9/1/2008 10:11am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2008 10:11am
I get bored watching people ride even if it is JS. We need some racing at our races.
PastranaWho
Posts
1934
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Boogie Down Bronx, NY, USA
9/1/2008 12:20pm
your old, its fun watching the leader win by 50 plus seconds. yeah right.
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
9/1/2008 12:26pm
If James wasn't there the championship would have been decided at the last race.
Stephon
Posts
1995
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
9/1/2008 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:17pm
Since James himself hasn't actually said "I'm not doing the Nationals in '09"; it makes me wonder if these rumors will work in his favor in the end.

His camp could be letting the idea that he won't be back for the Outdoors in '09 run rampant and then announce that he will return to the outdoors and be the hero for returning. He'd probably gain more fans in the process. Shoot maybe he'll not even announce anything about MX until SX '09 is almost finished and ride out of the Yamaha rig for the Summer.

Then again he might be ready to cut his season down to 17-20 races a season from 32 or so.

He says he likes records and 48-0 has never been done - of course next year, if he returns, he'll say he never even thought about going 48-0.

Personally, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't face RV and his old team head on next year for a full MX series. The only way RV is going to be closer than 15 seconds to him after 30+2 is if James wants him to - and that will be a very respectable accomplishment in RV's 1st season.

TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
9/1/2008 1:09pm
Stephon wrote:
Since James himself hasn't actually said "I'm not doing the Nationals in '09"; it makes me wonder if these rumors will work in his favor in...
Since James himself hasn't actually said "I'm not doing the Nationals in '09"; it makes me wonder if these rumors will work in his favor in the end.

His camp could be letting the idea that he won't be back for the Outdoors in '09 run rampant and then announce that he will return to the outdoors and be the hero for returning. He'd probably gain more fans in the process. Shoot maybe he'll not even announce anything about MX until SX '09 is almost finished and ride out of the Yamaha rig for the Summer.

Then again he might be ready to cut his season down to 17-20 races a season from 32 or so.

He says he likes records and 48-0 has never been done - of course next year, if he returns, he'll say he never even thought about going 48-0.

Personally, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't face RV and his old team head on next year for a full MX series. The only way RV is going to be closer than 15 seconds to him after 30+2 is if James wants him to - and that will be a very respectable accomplishment in RV's 1st season.

Methinks you are underestimating Villopoto's speed, skill and desire to win. JS will have his hands full with RV.......if JS decides to race.
Stephon
Posts
1995
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
9/1/2008 1:51pm
Nope, don't think I'm underestimating RV's speed, desire and/or skill at all. Why would I? I've seen them both ride indoors and out, East coast and West and I still don't see RV closer than 15 seconds back at the end of 30+2 unless James want him to be -especially in his first season.

Yes, James will have to bring his A game to deal with Ryan, but I think way more often than not James will come out on top. Actually, I think it's easy to underestimate James' speed, skill and desire to win.

After watching James going from a last place, dead engine start on a 125cc 2-stroke against a field of 250cc 4-strokes and James and RC at Budd's last year go faster than I've seen anyone go on an MX bike I don't question his speed, skill and desire to win.

That said, I will have no problem admitting I was wrong if that's the case.
9/1/2008 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2008 2:08pm
Stephon wrote:
Nope, don't think I'm underestimating RV's speed, desire and/or skill at all. Why would I? I've seen them both ride indoors and out, East coast and...
Nope, don't think I'm underestimating RV's speed, desire and/or skill at all. Why would I? I've seen them both ride indoors and out, East coast and West and I still don't see RV closer than 15 seconds back at the end of 30+2 unless James want him to be -especially in his first season.

Yes, James will have to bring his A game to deal with Ryan, but I think way more often than not James will come out on top. Actually, I think it's easy to underestimate James' speed, skill and desire to win.

After watching James going from a last place, dead engine start on a 125cc 2-stroke against a field of 250cc 4-strokes and James and RC at Budd's last year go faster than I've seen anyone go on an MX bike I don't question his speed, skill and desire to win.

That said, I will have no problem admitting I was wrong if that's the case.
Good post, well thought out I like that in comparison to some of the posts I have seen here. Smile
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
9/1/2008 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2008 2:16pm
Stephon wrote:
Nope, don't think I'm underestimating RV's speed, desire and/or skill at all. Why would I? I've seen them both ride indoors and out, East coast and...
Nope, don't think I'm underestimating RV's speed, desire and/or skill at all. Why would I? I've seen them both ride indoors and out, East coast and West and I still don't see RV closer than 15 seconds back at the end of 30+2 unless James want him to be -especially in his first season.

Yes, James will have to bring his A game to deal with Ryan, but I think way more often than not James will come out on top. Actually, I think it's easy to underestimate James' speed, skill and desire to win.

After watching James going from a last place, dead engine start on a 125cc 2-stroke against a field of 250cc 4-strokes and James and RC at Budd's last year go faster than I've seen anyone go on an MX bike I don't question his speed, skill and desire to win.

That said, I will have no problem admitting I was wrong if that's the case.
Good post, well thought out I like that in comparison to some of the posts I have seen here.
Good post, well thought out I like that in comparison to some of the posts I have seen here. Smile
You grading this shit?
G Force
Posts
1507
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Winnipeg, CA
9/1/2008 3:23pm
I went to Millville a couple of weeks ago, and barely saw Stewart... I was busy watching the racing.

JoJmoto
Posts
1783
Joined
11/8/2006
Location
Clarkesville, GA, USA
9/1/2008 3:40pm
It would be ashame to waste all that fitness Aldon Baker has given him and the money he gave to Baker.
Jabjr222
Posts
1364
Joined
4/17/2008
Location
Seattle, WA, USA
9/1/2008 6:37pm
JBS will not win all 24 motos next year... and while Stephon's post may have been well thought out, RV will, at the least, still one moto. He is too fast. I want to see the kid have to step up because I am sure he will. As fast as people think RV is, I truly feel that he as more... There is just something about this kid... Hell, a healthy MA800 will still a moto... The odds are against JBS winning.
MX7MX
Posts
845
Joined
8/28/2007
Location
USA
9/1/2008 7:07pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
JBS will not win all 24 motos next year... and while Stephon's post may have been well thought out, RV will, at the least, still one...
JBS will not win all 24 motos next year... and while Stephon's post may have been well thought out, RV will, at the least, still one moto. He is too fast. I want to see the kid have to step up because I am sure he will. As fast as people think RV is, I truly feel that he as more... There is just something about this kid... Hell, a healthy MA800 will still a moto... The odds are against JBS winning.
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last year and has been beat this year. Compare both.
txmxer
Posts
9770
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Weatherford, TX, USA
9/1/2008 7:30pm
We'll see what RV has to offer. He's very talented...but, right now, there's nobody close to James and I'm pretty certain nobody will be close in SX.

MX...I think it's wishful thinking by some to think that anyone will have James speed next year.
Stephon
Posts
1995
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
9/1/2008 7:44pm
Jabjr222,

I didn't say or even allude that James will win all 24 motos next year. Who knows if he will even race MX next year. If he races outdoors next year the odds are strongly against him doing what's never been done before - 24-0 in back-to-back seasons.

Of course RV has more in the tank, but do you seriously think that James doesn't? C'mon, James recently won a moto by nearly a minute - without being pushed.

I think it's easy to forget just how good James is because he makes it look so easy. I'm a fan of RV, but I have no reason to believe that RV is going to manhandle James straight out of the box. What evidence is there to that? When RV beat RC at the MXdN last year didn't RC go down or get a terrible start?

Yes, I think RV has what it takes to win heat races and/or motos next year, but I need to see more to believe he's going threaten James. Coming into the class RV is not nearly as dominate as James was - and James was on a 125.
txmxer
Posts
9770
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Weatherford, TX, USA
9/1/2008 8:14pm
I doubted RC for about half of his MX career. Of course he was fast, but I thought for years that the competition was weak.

When he came back from knee surgery stronger than ever, all doubts were erased.

James raced with RC. He was right there in MX and faster in SX. To think that there's all of the sudden a handful of guys on that pace is ridiculous.

RV is close. As close as anyone. Mark my words, Mikey and RV will be battling a lot more than James and anyone else.
andymoto
Posts
4771
Joined
11/28/2007
Location
Carmichael, CA, USA
9/1/2008 8:16pm
No doubt he is really fast; have doubts that he will be consistently that fast every lap; under pressure from both if leading, plus a few others that may surprise on a race by race basis; not for the title. On a 450, not 3 yrs of lites. Kid is gawd awful fast however.
Or he could be the next coming of sliced bread in both premier classes....
Can't wait for '09 season to start to see how he reacts to pressures that James and Chad and a few others will place on him.
9/1/2008 9:44pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
JBS will not win all 24 motos next year... and while Stephon's post may have been well thought out, RV will, at the least, still one...
JBS will not win all 24 motos next year... and while Stephon's post may have been well thought out, RV will, at the least, still one moto. He is too fast. I want to see the kid have to step up because I am sure he will. As fast as people think RV is, I truly feel that he as more... There is just something about this kid... Hell, a healthy MA800 will still a moto... The odds are against JBS winning.
MX7MX wrote:
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last...
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last year and has been beat this year. Compare both.
yup JBS was simply amazing on a 125...
9/1/2008 10:13pm
Crash82 wrote:
You grading this shit?
Merely acknowledging a well written post, that is all!!
The Hurricane
Posts
679
Joined
4/4/2008
Location
Oak Harbor, WA, USA
9/1/2008 10:49pm
MX7MX wrote:
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last...
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last year and has been beat this year. Compare both.
You can't compare things like that -- different times, different riders, different bikes, different teams, etc. etc.
Rim Lock
Posts
713
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Nikiski, USA
9/1/2008 11:09pm
MX7MX wrote:
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last...
just as they were this year. James dominated in his 125 days against 4 strokes racing against the likes of chad reed. RV....got beat alot last year and has been beat this year. Compare both.
You can't compare things like that -- different times, different riders, different bikes, different teams, etc. etc.
True story what you said.

And as we all wanted RC and JBS to move up to dethrone the current crown holder or at least challenge him, they both fell on their face (literally) when they moved up trying to chase the current time champ.

RV, Canard and all of those hot-shoes are going to bring a lot to the 450 class when they come.
None of them have the moxie to knock JBS off his perch right now though.
It will be a couple of years at best.
Yamaha336
Posts
1219
Joined
5/2/2008
Location
Woodstock, IL, USA
9/2/2008 5:10am
TerryK wrote:
Methinks you are underestimating Villopoto's speed, skill and desire to win. JS will have his hands full with RV.......if JS decides to race.
No James will not have his hands full. James will do the exact same thing he did this year.

Post a reply to: 48 and 0...

The Latest