MXGP Game Review! *More New Gameplay Videos*

Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/4/2014 8:17pm
I'll post my PC specs here in a second, it's no hot rod or anything.
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/4/2014 8:22pm
Motodave15
Posts
4252
Joined
8/7/2010
Location
Temple City, CA, USA
4/4/2014 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2014 8:57pm

upload gifs

Here are my specs
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/4/2014 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2014 9:12pm
I bet it runs pretty good with those specs! man I just ran a hard pack track in Britain on a 450 Suzuki, now I love the game.

The Shop

Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/4/2014 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2014 9:12pm
You want a piece of me? Huh? You want some? I really internet race, anyway how do you find other riders and stuff? I will let you whup me some. i ride dirty man, damn straight.
Motodave15
Posts
4252
Joined
8/7/2010
Location
Temple City, CA, USA
4/4/2014 9:51pm
Crash82 wrote:
I bet it runs pretty good with those specs! man I just ran a hard pack track in Britain on a 450 Suzuki, now I love...
I bet it runs pretty good with those specs! man I just ran a hard pack track in Britain on a 450 Suzuki, now I love the game.
yea she runs pretty smooth Cool Cool lol
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/6/2014 10:43am
I hope not.
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/7/2014 11:15am
Just now getting some time on game, for single player it is hands down #1 best game i ever played since computers were invented. I would have no problem paying 33 bucks even if it didn't have multiplayer.
WillyB
Posts
733
Joined
10/17/2011
Location
fresno, CA, USA
4/7/2014 6:47pm
I did some motos earlier but the game crashing,lagging, and dropping connection get old after some time...I'm sure I'll be back online later.
hey Foo, noticed you took me off your steam friends list! Too cool for school eh!?!?!?!??
Seamorbutts
Posts
1510
Joined
4/20/2013
Location
Lake Charles, LA, USA
4/7/2014 6:52pm
Anyone want a PS3 copy? Got It today and played It one time, not my thing. $45 shipped priority. If no one responds, I'm putting on Ebay probably tomorrow.
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/8/2014 10:46am
I had to play about an hour to get a feel for it.
thorns
Posts
723
Joined
4/25/2013
Location
NZ
4/8/2014 3:47pm
All this games really needs is some harder AI and I will be a very happy man.

Its far to easy to beat the AI on the hardest settings. The career mode would be so much better if you actually had to battle your way up through the ranks, instead of nailing a perfect season in MX2, and then doing the same in MX1. Would be great when you first start on a small team in MX2, you would be battling for a 5-10 finish if you ran the perfect race.

Hopefully someone can find a file hidden amongst the game to increase the speed easily, or even the developers offering a option to set custom difficulty so it actually takes some effort to win.

The only other things that annoy me a little are when the bike cuts out on a heavy landing for a second or so, and when you whip/scrub, you always end up nose low with no way to correct it.

Other than that, still loving it, and think its got great potential. They have the base there to add other series like the upcoming 300cc 2 stoke class, and also the Euro 125cc series.
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/9/2014 5:31am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2014 11:12am
I agree on the AI settings. What gets me are the people who put videos out reviewing the game, they either really suck or didn't play the game very much. I don't crash every corner or jump off the track every corner.
4/9/2014 8:39am
I also agree. An easy fix to make the single player experience harder would be to punish the player for any crash. A 10 -15 second timer until you can recover and get going again would do wonders. But even then the AI needs to be much better. They're quite reasonable round Matterley imo, but aren't a serious threat anywhere else. Still fantastic game though.
Denn700
Posts
1285
Joined
11/7/2006
Location
Shreveport, LA, USA
4/9/2014 3:00pm
I just downloaded the demo and I also decided to download MX sim. I tried MX simulator a few years ago and hated it but I downloaded a few tracks and bikes and now I think this is the best MX game ever made. The bike sounds and speed are awesome.
I'm sorry but I am not impressed with MXGP. Maybe the full game is better but the bikes sound awful and seem to slow.
I will try the full game but a 450 should have plenty of power. What I like about MX Sim is the 450 is fast but if you try to go wide open then you end up on your head!
PastranaWho
Posts
1934
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Boogie Down Bronx, NY, USA
4/9/2014 5:40pm
Anyone want a PS3 copy? Got It today and played It one time, not my thing. $45 shipped priority. If no one responds, I'm putting on...
Anyone want a PS3 copy? Got It today and played It one time, not my thing. $45 shipped priority. If no one responds, I'm putting on Ebay probably tomorrow.
Damn just ordered my from UK, if not i would've bought your copy. why dont you like it?
4/11/2014 9:28pm
I'm curious. To everyone saying the game is too easy. Are you guys seriously on MANUAL SHIFTING/pro/realistic settings and still finding it too easy?
4/11/2014 9:36pm
Since I am in the US, I play on PS3 (region free) but I also ordered a 360 copy in hopes it would work on my US 360. It doesn't. so if anyone plays on a PAL system and wants a brand new, never played MXGP 360 PAL copy is brand new condition just let me know and we'll work out a fair deal.
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
4/11/2014 11:49pm
I take my rating back, it could be a great game but it's so full of bug Orkin couldnt fix shit multi sux ass.
4/12/2014 2:03am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2014 2:04am
I'm curious. To everyone saying the game is too easy. Are you guys seriously on MANUAL SHIFTING/pro/realistic settings and still finding it too easy?
I'm on those settings. For me it depends on the track, I was wrong to just say Matterley earlier (though imo the AI is at its strongest on that track). The AI is also respectable round Ernee, Teutschenthal and Losail. However, I find other tracks like Thailand, Agueda, Maggiora and Uddevalla are a breeze to win on in MX1. I haven't put a lot of time into MX2 so perhaps it's harder there. The absolute easiest is Kegums.
the_wood109
Posts
3008
Joined
7/6/2008
Location
Edgewater, FL, USA
4/18/2014 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2014 5:44pm
I did some motos earlier but the game crashing,lagging, and dropping connection get old after some time...I'm sure I'll be back online later.
WillyB wrote:
hey Foo, noticed you took me off your steam friends list! Too cool for school eh!?!?!?!??
I cleaned out my steam list due to spammers. Don't take it personally. I'm sure it's all good now, though.

I still hope they patch this game, there are some good races to be had. The crashes and lag are killing the game, atm.
Seamorbutts
Posts
1510
Joined
4/20/2013
Location
Lake Charles, LA, USA
4/19/2014 10:22am
This game couldn't hold Reflex's jock strap. Talk about sucks, lol.
2b
Posts
87
Joined
3/20/2012
Location
NZ
4/26/2014 5:31am
this game is alot better than i expected! manual gears, independent braking, real tracks.. only thing i can complain about is the scub/animation. other than that i just played online and was alot of fun!
coon44
Posts
143
Joined
9/3/2011
Location
Mc Keesport, PA, USA
5/1/2014 12:09pm
Does anyone else have problems with it lagging out of races online on ps3?
EastCoastMx
Posts
317
Joined
3/29/2014
Location
Newport, ME, USA
5/2/2014 9:07pm
Just got it......just sold it........Arcade game
Crash82
Posts
9022
Joined
9/16/2006
Location
MONTGOMERY, AL, USA
5/4/2014 11:23am
This game couldn't hold Reflex's jock strap. Talk about sucks, lol.
I tried so hard to like it, then raced a tourney on PC reflex and couldn't believe how my more fun reflex was. I guess in the end that's what matters, is it fun? I think they tried to make the sand and dirt feel real on MXGP, but it feels like the bike isn't connected to the ground. Props for the game anyway it's still fun but isn't sucking me in like reflex.

Post a reply to: MXGP Game Review! *More New Gameplay Videos*

The Latest