Yet another CR

Anaxdlere
Posts
309
Joined
2/25/2015
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2020 11:23am
This is my 4th CR rebuild. A 1993 CR250 that was in about 6 boxes. I look for the most abandoned and unloved bikes on craigslist or marketplace and try to bring them back from the dead.
Almost done with this one, just need the HRC Racing clutch/ignition cover and a red cloth bar pad and I am calling it done!


33
|
Bobby Skeet
Posts
65
Joined
3/2/2020
Location
Boulder City, NV, USA
8/3/2020 1:10pm
Nicely done, very clean.
TooOld4WFO
Posts
672
Joined
4/1/2018
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
8/3/2020 6:38pm
Looks fantastic. Amazing what passion can do.
seth505
Posts
10216
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
SD, CA, USA
8/4/2020 7:10am
SWEEEEEEET, nice work.
8/4/2020 7:59am
I have the old style renthal lettering red bar pad I think. It's not the cloth one though.
1

The Shop

JMCR250
Posts
466
Joined
8/26/2018
Location
Chesterfield, MO, USA
8/4/2020 2:58pm
Very nice bike. Did you display one like it at the Legends & Heroes display at the STL SX a few years ago?
Anaxdlere
Posts
309
Joined
2/25/2015
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
8/4/2020 3:22pm
I sure did! Someone sat on it, started it up and dumped it off the stand!! I had a good pic taken of it at the Team Honda trailer too
JMCR250
Posts
466
Joined
8/26/2018
Location
Chesterfield, MO, USA
8/5/2020 7:04am
My son and I had our 82 CRs (250/125) in the L&H display too. I was standing there when the doofus got on your bike, fired it up, and then dumped it. Very nice bikes (both that one and the one you have pictured in this thread).
NiekL
Posts
81
Joined
11/24/2016
Location
NL
8/5/2020 11:11pm
Great result, show some more pics please
8/6/2020 5:47pm
Was the tank that nice? If not, how did you bring it back to bright white?
Anaxdlere
Posts
309
Joined
2/25/2015
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
8/6/2020 6:00pm
Thank you! I will take some more pictures tomorrow. The tank was pretty yellow. I just went with the throttle jockey tank graphics on it for now. I have another white tank that I am working on trying to get it better.
matt.3150
Posts
825
Joined
3/20/2015
Location
San Jose, CA, USA
8/10/2020 3:51pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
This is my 4th CR rebuild. A 1993 CR250 that was in about 6 boxes. I look for the most abandoned and unloved bikes on craigslist...
This is my 4th CR rebuild. A 1993 CR250 that was in about 6 boxes. I look for the most abandoned and unloved bikes on craigslist or marketplace and try to bring them back from the dead.
Almost done with this one, just need the HRC Racing clutch/ignition cover and a red cloth bar pad and I am calling it done!


I have some replica Honda Racing clutch and ignition covers if your interested
Anaxdlere
Posts
309
Joined
2/25/2015
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
8/11/2020 8:06am
matt.3150 wrote:
I have some replica Honda Racing clutch and ignition covers if your interested
Absolutely! Sending you a message now.

Rickyisms, I sent you a message also about the bar pad. Not sure if it made it through
Anaxdlere
Posts
309
Joined
2/25/2015
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
8/21/2020 11:23am
Matt.3150 and Rickyisms, I am guessing the direct messages I sent are not going through. My email is anaxmt @ gmail.com if you are both interested in selling the bar pad and HRC clutch/ignition covers

Post a reply to: Yet another CR

The Latest