2016 Husky TC125 Project

3/30/2017 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2017 7:30pm
Inner case coated - good for 2 Hp


4/6/2017 2:48am
Not sure if anyone is following but anyhow, made some progress. Inner case is back on, new bills pipes system is on. Buttoned everything up and replaced all the fluids. Sweet sounding exhaust.
Should be finished tomorrow once I do the graphics






1
Turbojez
Posts
2419
Joined
8/5/2015
Location
PL
4/6/2017 3:11am
Looks great! Have you thought about going black or fluo yellow on the frame?
wsc96
Posts
1019
Joined
8/26/2013
Location
AU
4/6/2017 3:12am
Looks slick mate. I notice you have MCD decals but sent the forks to Factory Spec. Is Ross involved?

The Shop

4/6/2017 3:46am
Turbojez wrote:
Looks great! Have you thought about going black or fluo yellow on the frame?
Funny you say that.. I thought a fluoro yellow frame would look cool. Maybe later down the track.
4/6/2017 3:47am
wsc96 wrote:
Looks slick mate. I notice you have MCD decals but sent the forks to Factory Spec. Is Ross involved?
Getting the MCD boys to do the motor. I alway use Kenny from factory spec for my suspension.
4/9/2017 5:48pm
Done,

Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I MIGHT be experiencing some powervalve issues. Hoping i didn't stuff up when i disassembled the PV to coat the case.










2
CarlinoJoeVideo
Posts
7517
Joined
11/30/2013
Location
Portland/Los Angeles, CA, USA
4/9/2017 7:19pm
Done, Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I...
Done,

Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I MIGHT be experiencing some powervalve issues. Hoping i didn't stuff up when i disassembled the PV to coat the case.










Looks awesome! Why do you think you have PV issues?
4/9/2017 7:32pm
Done, Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I...
Done,

Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I MIGHT be experiencing some powervalve issues. Hoping i didn't stuff up when i disassembled the PV to coat the case.










Looks awesome! Why do you think you have PV issues?
Thanks mate. Super inconsistent in the corners, like a massive bog. Again, could be just me getting use a 125, been over 10 years since I have ridden one. Feel off the pipe too easy from what i remember too.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Posts
7517
Joined
11/30/2013
Location
Portland/Los Angeles, CA, USA
4/9/2017 10:14pm
Done, Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I...
Done,

Took it out for the first time on the weekend. Going to take some getting use to after riding a 450 for so long. I MIGHT be experiencing some powervalve issues. Hoping i didn't stuff up when i disassembled the PV to coat the case.










Looks awesome! Why do you think you have PV issues?
Thanks mate. Super inconsistent in the corners, like a massive bog. Again, could be just me getting use a 125, been over 10 years since I...
Thanks mate. Super inconsistent in the corners, like a massive bog. Again, could be just me getting use a 125, been over 10 years since I have ridden one. Feel off the pipe too easy from what i remember too.
So I tried aftermarket PV because I thought mine was sticking. The aftermarket one actually was worse than stock and would stick then all of a sudden open and be a crazy on off feeling.

When I go from my 250f to 125 I need to remember to down shift 1 extra gear. I had the problem today, just gotta go down more than you think.

You should try adjusting the PV spring. I found 1.5-1.75 from all the way out being the most rideable setting for myself. This is on a 2016 KTM 125.
4/10/2017 3:08am
Thanks mate. Super inconsistent in the corners, like a massive bog. Again, could be just me getting use a 125, been over 10 years since I...
Thanks mate. Super inconsistent in the corners, like a massive bog. Again, could be just me getting use a 125, been over 10 years since I have ridden one. Feel off the pipe too easy from what i remember too.
This description screams jetting to me! Mine was too lean and was doing EXACTLY the same as yours. Once i got my jetting dialed i was well impressed with how easy it was to ride. Yes not LOADS of bottom end but nothing unexpected. Pulls like a train!
4/10/2017 7:02pm
So I tried aftermarket PV because I thought mine was sticking. The aftermarket one actually was worse than stock and would stick then all of a...
So I tried aftermarket PV because I thought mine was sticking. The aftermarket one actually was worse than stock and would stick then all of a sudden open and be a crazy on off feeling.

When I go from my 250f to 125 I need to remember to down shift 1 extra gear. I had the problem today, just gotta go down more than you think.

You should try adjusting the PV spring. I found 1.5-1.75 from all the way out being the most rideable setting for myself. This is on a 2016 KTM 125.
Thanks for all the info. My bike was 1.75 turns stock.

I pulled the PV cover off and rev'd the bike, PV isn't moving. Bike sounds like a clapped out 80cc.

Dropped the bike off at the engine builder and getting it looked at. Getting some porting, matching and setting the squish done at the same time... may as well!! Smile
4/10/2017 9:24pm
Here's some more info on the power valve problem: http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/Power-valve-sticking-on-16-17-KTM-125s,1313730 We haven't heard how the second generation of the F1 arms are. They are supposed to...
Here's some more info on the power valve problem:
http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Tech-Help-Race-Shop,42/Power-valve-sticking…

We haven't heard how the second generation of the F1 arms are. They are supposed to be machined out of a harder material.
The engine builder i'm using is testing the new generation arms now, says they're manufactured to a much higher quality finish. My PV is stuck open though, i'm guessing the rod has popped off but wanting to get the engine done anyway.
4/23/2017 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2017 6:28pm
So...

Got the bike back from the workshop and what a difference. The bike screams now! You cant't compare these new generation 125s with the old. You can pull 3rd through sweepers with ease. I do have a slight jetting bog sometimes on super tight stuff, low-to mid but it improved with a richer pilot. Going to raise the needle too and see what happens. Engine builder changed the needle to a NOZG and on the 2nd clip. I had a 48 pilot (now 50) and a 182 main (might go richer too).

I did have a PV issue: the lock nut on the PV adjustment screw on the riders left side came loose and somehow wound itself in. I have no idea how this is possible but i saw it with my own eyes. crazy. Happened gradually throughout the first ride so hard to compare how the mods go vs stock.

Got a Hinson clutch cover as the stock got hammered within one ride. Only noticed at the track that they have coated the cylinder too when i got the work done. Should be much easier to keep clean.

So stoked about the outcome and cant wait to spend more time on it. Such a fun combo.







1
ledger
Posts
3669
Joined
1/17/2013
Location
USA
4/23/2017 7:21pm
Man, Props to you, such a good looking bike ! I'm a bit curious as what type of coating was used on the cylinder ? I really like the look and would like to apply the same on my 05 KX250. all you peeps getting 125's may force me to go to a near-by local Husky dealership. Best looking bike's on the planet.
4/23/2017 7:24pm
ledger wrote:
Man, Props to you, such a good looking bike ! I'm a bit curious as what type of coating was used on the cylinder ? I...
Man, Props to you, such a good looking bike ! I'm a bit curious as what type of coating was used on the cylinder ? I really like the look and would like to apply the same on my 05 KX250. all you peeps getting 125's may force me to go to a near-by local Husky dealership. Best looking bike's on the planet.
Thanks man. The cylinder is just hydroblasted. Comes out great.

I'm having way too much fun riding these "new gen" 125s! Definitely helps with corner speed.
4/23/2017 7:45pm
So... Got the bike back from the workshop and what a difference. The bike screams now! You cant't compare these new generation 125s with the old...
So...

Got the bike back from the workshop and what a difference. The bike screams now! You cant't compare these new generation 125s with the old. You can pull 3rd through sweepers with ease. I do have a slight jetting bog sometimes on super tight stuff, low-to mid but it improved with a richer pilot. Going to raise the needle too and see what happens. Engine builder changed the needle to a NOZG and on the 2nd clip. I had a 48 pilot (now 50) and a 182 main (might go richer too).

I did have a PV issue: the lock nut on the PV adjustment screw on the riders left side came loose and somehow wound itself in. I have no idea how this is possible but i saw it with my own eyes. crazy. Happened gradually throughout the first ride so hard to compare how the mods go vs stock.

Got a Hinson clutch cover as the stock got hammered within one ride. Only noticed at the track that they have coated the cylinder too when i got the work done. Should be much easier to keep clean.

So stoked about the outcome and cant wait to spend more time on it. Such a fun combo.







Work of art. Stupid question: Are those blue Samco hoses one piece?? Or do you still have to use the T?
4/23/2017 7:49pm
LumpDog841 wrote:
Work of art. Stupid question: Are those blue Samco hoses one piece?? Or do you still have to use the T?
Thanks bud!

The Samco hoses are purely for looks. You still have the T-piece inside the frame.
JB479
Posts
804
Joined
1/11/2012
Location
AU
4/24/2017 3:08am
Bike looks unreal especially with the black CV's. If you dont mind me asking who did you purchase the forks through? Ive been thinking of buying a set. I bought my first ktm (17 450sxf) this year and after a couple revavles im still not to happy with the AER fork. Although i owned yamahas for the last 5 years so maybe i just have high expectations with suspension.
4/25/2017 5:39pm
JB479 wrote:
Bike looks unreal especially with the black CV's. If you dont mind me asking who did you purchase the forks through? Ive been thinking of buying...
Bike looks unreal especially with the black CV's. If you dont mind me asking who did you purchase the forks through? Ive been thinking of buying a set. I bought my first ktm (17 450sxf) this year and after a couple revavles im still not to happy with the AER fork. Although i owned yamahas for the last 5 years so maybe i just have high expectations with suspension.
Thanks bud,

I got mine from an EU supplier, was nothing available in Australia. I know Billy at powerband is the man to deal with in the states.

I'm not so sure the upgrade would be worth it if you had AER already. I had 4CS on a 2016 ktm 450sxf and in my mind was a worthy decision.

Post a reply to: 2016 Husky TC125 Project

The Latest