12 or 13 crf 450?

mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
Edited Date/Time 5/10/2012 11:18pm
My buddy is a die hard honda guy, he wants a new crf 450, fast b rider. The discussion was should he get the 12 model,I guess its as good as it will be,or wait and get the 13 model and assuming the changes will be dramatic and the price will be quite a bit more, Buy the 12 and use the saved money on suspension, clutch,,etc or take the chance on the 13 and hope the new model will not have any bugs to work out considering it will be different?
|
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
5/10/2012 1:14pm
How desperate is he? damn the new models come out so early, isnt only like 2-3 months away?
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
5/10/2012 1:50pm
Not desperate, has a chance to get a 12 at a great price, then does nt want to be pissed if the 13 is sick
5/10/2012 1:53pm
I would wait for the release of the '13 model. Then he can see if it's good or not. There is also a good chance the price will drop for a '12 once the '13 model is out ...
stillwelding
Posts
3237
Joined
1/22/2007
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
5/10/2012 1:53pm
mxb2 wrote:
My buddy is a die hard honda guy, he wants a new crf 450, fast b rider. The discussion was should he get the 12 model,I...
My buddy is a die hard honda guy, he wants a new crf 450, fast b rider. The discussion was should he get the 12 model,I guess its as good as it will be,or wait and get the 13 model and assuming the changes will be dramatic and the price will be quite a bit more, Buy the 12 and use the saved money on suspension, clutch,,etc or take the chance on the 13 and hope the new model will not have any bugs to work out considering it will be different?
Wait for the new one.

The Shop

burn1986
Posts
12246
Joined
4/16/2010
Location
bossier city, LA, USA
5/10/2012 2:26pm
Does it really matter above $8K if you save a little? Might as well wait for the 2013, if he's just wanting to get rid of some money.
JB 19
Posts
4350
Joined
3/8/2009
Location
Marion, OH, USA
5/10/2012 2:38pm
burn1986 wrote:
Does it really matter above $8K if you save a little? Might as well wait for the 2013, if he's just wanting to get rid of...
Does it really matter above $8K if you save a little? Might as well wait for the 2013, if he's just wanting to get rid of some money.
surfdunn
Posts
85
Joined
12/2/2010
Location
Southern, NJ, USA
5/10/2012 2:56pm
Whats your buddy riding now. I have an 2011 and have ridden a 2012 and there wasn't that much difference between the two. I say wait till the 2013
burn1986
Posts
12246
Joined
4/16/2010
Location
bossier city, LA, USA
5/10/2012 3:00pm
burn1986 wrote:
Does it really matter above $8K if you save a little? Might as well wait for the 2013, if he's just wanting to get rid of...
Does it really matter above $8K if you save a little? Might as well wait for the 2013, if he's just wanting to get rid of some money.
JB 19 wrote:
Well heck, if you're gonna go that route, you might as well get this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALMOST-NEW-2007-CRF450R-CRF-450-R-IMMACU…

But, if he's gonna plop down 6750, he might as well plop down another 1000 to get the 13.
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
5/10/2012 6:49pm
surfdunn wrote:
Whats your buddy riding now. I have an 2011 and have ridden a 2012 and there wasn't that much difference between the two. I say wait...
Whats your buddy riding now. I have an 2011 and have ridden a 2012 and there wasn't that much difference between the two. I say wait till the 2013
He has 08 crf 450, wants the efi honda.
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
5/10/2012 6:53pm
I say get the 13. EVERY model has bugs to work out. It will still be a killer bike.
Tiki
Posts
10668
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
Corona, CA, USA
Fantasy
5/10/2012 7:01pm
Douchebag wrote:
I would wait for the release of the '13 model. Then he can see if it's good or not. There is also a good chance the...
I would wait for the release of the '13 model. Then he can see if it's good or not. There is also a good chance the price will drop for a '12 once the '13 model is out ...
I couldn't hear anything over Douchebags avatar.
throttle77
Posts
172
Joined
5/1/2011
Location
Winchester, VA, USA
5/10/2012 7:55pm
I'd get the 13. It has a new frame doesn't it? Looks like a sick bike.
5/10/2012 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2012 8:01pm
mxb2 wrote:
Not desperate, has a chance to get a 12 at a great price, then does nt want to be pissed if the 13 is sick
Now I'm confused. Are the 13's going to have dual exhaust and stay mostly the same or are they going to look like the MXGP Factory Honda's with the opposite exhaust that cuts back under the airbox?
TX24
Posts
2767
Joined
5/7/2010
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
5/10/2012 8:06pm
Reversed motor. Smile
TeamGreen
Posts
37587
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
5/10/2012 8:13pm
Go to the Lucas race in AZ nxt wk & ask Jeremy.
Xeno
Posts
3742
Joined
12/30/2010
Location
San Clemente, CA, USA
5/10/2012 9:13pm
Nice. Daddy like!

gotwings
Posts
849
Joined
7/11/2010
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
5/10/2012 10:06pm
Douchebag wrote:
I would wait for the release of the '13 model. Then he can see if it's good or not. There is also a good chance the...
I would wait for the release of the '13 model. Then he can see if it's good or not. There is also a good chance the price will drop for a '12 once the '13 model is out ...
^^this^^
sharkey
Posts
2446
Joined
7/28/2008
Location
Marysville, WA, USA
5/10/2012 10:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2012 10:09pm
i had this same problem. ive been bustin my ass to get in shape for racing so i bought a 2012 a month ago. because i didnt want to wait any longer but i was riding a 05. worst case if the 2013 is too good ill sell the 2012 and not lose too much on it. i just really didnt want to wait til august to get a 2013. i hope they dont have they gay dual exhaust shit. it will be real interesting to see what really is on the bikes
KBehlingMX
Posts
373
Joined
5/3/2008
Location
San Diego, CA, USA
5/10/2012 11:18pm
Bought a '12 in November and even then I was tempted to wait. I'd suggest waiting, especially since there's a good chance his '08 is better than the '12 already anyways. If his '08 is already dialed in, stick it out until the '13s arrive.

Post a reply to: 12 or 13 crf 450?

The Latest