2023 to 2021 KTM Rear Wheel Conversion

DaBaum44
Posts
356
Joined
1/21/2017
Location
USA

What's up Vital. I'm in the process of moving parts to and from my 2023 and 2021 KTM 350 SX-F. 

Can anyone confirm the OEM parts I will need to convert the 2023 rear wheel onto my 2021? As far as I know, I will just need to buy the 2019-2022 style center hub collett, seals, and spacers, due to the larger axle.

I put the Dubya wheels from my 2021 onto the 2023 and that was a simple rear spacer swap. Thanks in advance.

 

|
DaBaum44
Posts
356
Joined
1/21/2017
Location
USA
12/15/2022 6:17pm

 

12/15/2022 9:02pm

I just converted my 2023 XC rear wheel onto my 2022 XC. I can confirm 3,6,7 is what you need.

1
DaBaum44
Posts
356
Joined
1/21/2017
Location
USA
12/16/2022 3:59pm
XC706 wrote:

I just converted my 2023 XC rear wheel onto my 2022 XC. I can confirm 3,6,7 is what you need.

Were you able to re-use the wheel bearings? I have a blind bearing puller so I hope that it doesn't do any damage pulling the one side out.

12/16/2022 6:17pm
XC706 wrote:

I just converted my 2023 XC rear wheel onto my 2022 XC. I can confirm 3,6,7 is what you need.

DaBaum44 wrote:
Were you able to re-use the wheel bearings? I have a blind bearing puller so I hope that it doesn't do any damage pulling the one...

Were you able to re-use the wheel bearings? I have a blind bearing puller so I hope that it doesn't do any damage pulling the one side out.

Yes, I heated up the hub and used a blind bearing puller. I only removed the non drive side bearing.

1

The Shop

wr74
Posts
207
Joined
4/13/2015
Location
AU
12/29/2022 6:30pm

Ktm sells a conversion spacer that slips straight in, so no need to replace the bearings or any other parts.

12/30/2022 9:24am
wr74 wrote:

Ktm sells a conversion spacer that slips straight in, so no need to replace the bearings or any other parts.

Wrong. The 2023 inner spacer is made for the new 22mm axle. The 2021 25mm axle does not fit through the 2023 spacer - I have tried it as previously mentioned.

Did you read the OP title wrong ?

151
Posts
536
Joined
9/15/2009
Location
Olive Branch, MS, USA
1/25/2023 10:46am

Same situation, same project.

Aren't all the parts needed included with the 2023 bike?  Is it possible to just use the center spacer bearing and seal from my oem 2023 wheel in my 2022 Dubya wheel?

Post a reply to: 2023 to 2021 KTM Rear Wheel Conversion

The Latest