instincts vs tech 10s

Oliver565
tossing up between the fox instincts and the alpine stars 10 techs. let us no what u think about quality wear protection and any other shit i should know
thanks
|
dmm698
5/2/2017 5:24pm
I'll tell you this. I ran gaerne boots, and would get 3 seasons out of a set. I wanted to try the instincts but suspected they would be junk with durability. Bought a pair from a friend that had 1 ride in them. One season, 3 straps, 5 strap retainers, vinyl and leather separating from the toe, and they are trashed. Like junk. Fox looked at them for warranty purposes via photos, and you can tell from the soles these boots don't have a ton of time on them, and denied any warranty. I responded asking them to elaborate, because it sounded like they were saying this is normal wear and tear. They replied that I was indeed SOL, that's normal wear and tear and brake down of material. So needless to say I'll never buy anything from them again if that's to be expected of a 500+$ retail boot in one season.
duckonquack
5/2/2017 6:31pm
my tech 10's are going strong after 3 seasons, also rode some gaernes that lasted a long time. Any experience I have had with fox has been bad. Go gaerne or tech 10 just stay away from all white boots they are a bitch to clean and they fade rather quickly but thats just my opinion.
Oliver565
5/2/2017 7:16pm
so you reckon the fox boots are shit? ive had my instincts for about 6 months and theyve held up ok. but ive taken a lot of time cleaning them after every ride. only problem is there the wrong size
5/2/2017 8:26pm
This is my 9th season on my Tech 10's and they're still going strong. They're definitely starting to age and I'll replace them next year but I'm running the original buckles and soles. They're white so they're hard to keep clean but I use Shout spray and the pressure washer and they still look good.

The Shop

rmoto003
5/2/2017 10:16pm
dmm698 wrote:
I'll tell you this. I ran gaerne boots, and would get 3 seasons out of a set. I wanted to try the instincts but suspected they...
I'll tell you this. I ran gaerne boots, and would get 3 seasons out of a set. I wanted to try the instincts but suspected they would be junk with durability. Bought a pair from a friend that had 1 ride in them. One season, 3 straps, 5 strap retainers, vinyl and leather separating from the toe, and they are trashed. Like junk. Fox looked at them for warranty purposes via photos, and you can tell from the soles these boots don't have a ton of time on them, and denied any warranty. I responded asking them to elaborate, because it sounded like they were saying this is normal wear and tear. They replied that I was indeed SOL, that's normal wear and tear and brake down of material. So needless to say I'll never buy anything from them again if that's to be expected of a 500+$ retail boot in one season.
The new Fox instincts are much improved over the older gen instincts. Ive had both and can say for sure that stuff isn't an issue anymore.
Motofinne
5/2/2017 11:21pm
Easy choice. Tech 10s all day long.

The Instincts are very comfortable but the ankle support is not even close to what the Tech 10s provide.

And the Tech 10s are more durable.

I have tried all top end boots except Gaerne SG12.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/3/2017 8:35am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2017 8:36am
I currently wear tech10 and can say I love em. I haven't tried the instinct but they just look like they'd be real comfy. I wasn't about to shell out 600ish for boots and only tried the tech10 because I got a pair that was close to brand new for super cheap. Now that I have them and have put time on them, there is a good chance I'll buy another pair for my next set of boots.

After going through a really weird broken foot/ankle injury, I love the support on the tech10 in the ankle
TJMX947
5/3/2017 9:37am
I'm on my second pair of Tech 10s. I would say the upper is pretty good but I've had issues with the soles on previous generation Tech 10s (this could be attributed to my shotty riding technique and foot placement). The one thing I hate is putting the booties on. Otherwise they're pretty good.
mxb2
5/3/2017 10:46am
Imo each boot has good points, bad points. Foot sizing, shape etc
Some like a non bootie, some don't care. I have had all brands. Fox is lighter,great buckles. Sg12 super solid,a little heavy. And the new tech 10 s are great if you don't mind the inner bootie. Fox runs small, sg12 run a little big. Tech 10 s true to size. Hope this helps
rg478
5/3/2017 12:57pm
For what it's worth, I just broke both ankles wearing Tech 10's and 6 months prior to that I sprained my ankle pretty bad in them. Not sure if the boots had anything to do with it, but I have a brand new pair of SG12's waiting in the garage for the next 3-5 months while I recover from this....
TJMX947
5/3/2017 1:27pm
rg478 wrote:
For what it's worth, I just broke both ankles wearing Tech 10's and 6 months prior to that I sprained my ankle pretty bad in them...
For what it's worth, I just broke both ankles wearing Tech 10's and 6 months prior to that I sprained my ankle pretty bad in them. Not sure if the boots had anything to do with it, but I have a brand new pair of SG12's waiting in the garage for the next 3-5 months while I recover from this....
I sprained my ankle really bad in 2006 when I washed out in a dry/slick turn. The bootie had come apart in the boot (first gen tech 10s - 6 months old) and it was just a normal tip over.

Hit a water truck in 2010 and I broke my tibia above the boot, and broke my fibula under the boot/shin guard wearing clapped out SG10s.

Post a reply to: instincts vs tech 10s

The Latest