Vinyl wrap on Fork Tubes?

Blackjack31
Has anybody vinyl wrapped fork tubes? Wondering if it will tear easy. You could peel it off but it would be a pain in the butt if it stayed on for 1 hour.
|
brody
12/20/2018 11:47am
upper or lowers

DONOT on the lowers you will destroy your internals.

uppers maybe if you vinyl is thick like the number plates,etc. If it was my i would just anodize them
Blackjack31
12/20/2018 10:02pm
brody wrote:
upper or lowers DONOT on the lowers you will destroy your internals. uppers maybe if you vinyl is thick like the number plates,etc. If it was...
upper or lowers

uppers maybe if you vinyl is thick like the number plates,etc. If it was my i would just anodize them
Upper only. I want to get them anodized but that is pricey. Guy quoted me $800. Which might be high. It was a suspension guy. I’m sure if I went somewhere where they just anodized crap then it would probably be cheaper.
Motofinne
12/21/2018 4:44am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2018 4:46am
brody wrote:
upper or lowers DONOT on the lowers you will destroy your internals. uppers maybe if you vinyl is thick like the number plates,etc. If it was...
upper or lowers

Upper only. I want to get them anodized but that is pricey. Guy quoted me $800. Which might be high. It was a suspension guy. I’m...
Upper only. I want to get them anodized but that is pricey. Guy quoted me $800. Which might be high. It was a suspension guy. I’m sure if I went somewhere where they just anodized crap then it would probably be cheaper.
That was probably a quote for Kashima coating. Anodizing shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred bucks, i got quoted 150 british pounds when i asked a company a few months ago.

https://www.shocktech.co.uk/suspension-motocross/motocross-suspension-u…

The Shop

Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
12/21/2018 10:45am
Upper only. I want to get them anodized but that is pricey. Guy quoted me $800. Which might be high. It was a suspension guy. I’m...
We offer anodize with the same performance as Kashima if you're interested, $450
https://luxonmx.com/products-suspension.html

Be careful if you try to have it done yourself. It's critical that the anodize shop knows what they're doing with fork tubes otherwise you'll end up with rough surfaces and poor performance.

Post a reply to: Vinyl wrap on Fork Tubes?

The Latest