Lacing rims

Hey guys I had a question on lacing up some rims for my bike, I have a set of 21/19 moose rims that I originally bought for a ktm to lace up and put them on for a spare set and now I sold the bike and want to lace them up for my 2005 kx250 But when I bought them it didn't list the kawi as being compatible with the rims??? They have the same amount of spokes and everything. Anyone run into anything like this or have any input on if they'd work? Thanks
|
omalley
3/22/2017 9:36am
Just a WAG (Wild A-- Guess), but hub widths and flange diameters vary. This would put spokes at different angles into the rim.
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
3/23/2017 2:57pm
If the KTM wheels are laced with the same spoke pattern (meaning cross 3 or cross 2) and use the same number of spokes as the KX250, the rims should be the same. I don't think the difference in hub dimensions will necessitate a different rim, but it will affect the correct spoke length. If you use the original KX spokes you shouldn't have a problem. But I'm not an expert wheel builder.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I would also like to know as I'm planning to use some RMZ rims on a KXF hub.
HackMan162
3/24/2017 7:31am
I don't know the answer to the question, but if the rims were the same, there would not be different part numbers. Not to say they wouldn't work, but they likely would not be perfect. See if you can exchange the rims.

Post a reply to: Lacing rims

The Latest