2016 KX100 - Not Hitting Powerband

Hello all, I have a trouble bike, or ghost messing with me, it is October. I have 2016 KK100 with at least 80 hours on it, 36 hours on the top end. It's used mostly for scramble races, has a PC pipe/silencer, Vforce Reeds, 9oz flywheel weight as mods. During a race he says it just starts to bog, and will not get on the pipe at all. Finish race and check pressure, it's good cylinder pressure at 162psi. Replaced the governor assembly, and put everything back together. Engine won't clear out. It like the choke is on, but it's not. It revs up but will not clean out. Running VP T2 and still nothing, replaced the plug, still same. Crank rod is within spec so I don't think it's that. Would a crank seal cause this to happen, not rev out? Also the power valve assembly has been taken apart, cleaned and put back with a new top end kit, with new gaskets etc.

Any info would be appreciated.
|
btroxler
Posts
172
Joined
5/22/2017
Location
Saltillo, MS, USA
10/21/2021 11:24am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2021 11:24am
First thought is jetting, too rich.

Air filter have too much oil in it?
willbilly
Posts
411
Joined
6/28/2016
Location
Corpus Christi, TX, USA
10/21/2021 5:40pm
Left crank seal would make it lean because it’s sucking air. Right crank seal rich since it’s sucking trans oil. Check reeds also.
Falcon
Posts
12602
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
10/22/2021 11:54am
I had an old RM125 that did that too. Turns out it was sucking coolant through the impeller shaft seal. Does the exhaust smell funny? (Sweet?) Is your transmission oil white if you drain it right after riding? Both are indicators of a bad impeller seal.
10/22/2021 12:34pm
Fresh Uni Filter, V-force reed are new, and I don't smell anything out of sorts with the exhaust. My guess too is a crank seal, but man it was drastic. One moment it's running good in a race, then during the race it just bogs and won't clean out. I have it jetted per the PC jetting specs. Guess it's on to a bottom end rebuild.

Post a reply to: 2016 KX100 - Not Hitting Powerband

The Latest