16 KTM 450 handlebar map switch? Handlebar question.

Meister
Anyone have an issue with it breaking and exposing the actual connection? Mine is broke right near where the bolts are on the bottom side. The little black piece is broke and the black and white wires became detached from whatever's I inside the black protection for the cables. Ican't find the actual part I need. Or do I need the whole wire and clamp assembly? Are there ant aftermarket options that allow the switch control.along with being able to activate the launch control?

I'm running Mika bars. With the extra button (start) on the right side, how am I able to run MX style hand guards?
|
macz400
3/24/2017 8:59pm
Meister wrote:
Anyone have an issue with it breaking and exposing the actual connection? Mine is broke right near where the bolts are on the bottom side. The...
Anyone have an issue with it breaking and exposing the actual connection? Mine is broke right near where the bolts are on the bottom side. The little black piece is broke and the black and white wires became detached from whatever's I inside the black protection for the cables. Ican't find the actual part I need. Or do I need the whole wire and clamp assembly? Are there ant aftermarket options that allow the switch control.along with being able to activate the launch control?

I'm running Mika bars. With the extra button (start) on the right side, how am I able to run MX style hand guards?
I was wondering if you could run the 2017 KTM mapping selector switch on the 2016 model. The mapping switch and E start button are in the way of letting me run my brake lever clamp further outside. If I could run the 17 version of the map switch (mounts on the left side of the bar) I'd have plenty of room to adjust where my brake lever mounts on the bar.
3/25/2017 6:07am
All the new KTM switchs are a little more than "Switch" The have software and firmwere in them and they are set for each of the models and this means a 250sxf switch doesnt work on a 450Sx and each bike model has diferent settings. also it is worth pionting out there is 12v power in the switch for the lights and should wires be crushed and shorted cut etc you can spike the ECU or other items and fry them. (we have seen this on CRF450R where the owner tried to replace a damaged switch with a plain old style two wire kill button and killed a few ECU's before we told him about the live thirid wire... )

She is a new era now with all this stuff and looking forward getting those switches is going to be a oem only deal and expensive and I cant imagine KTM stocking all the variants 5 years of so down the track!
Shaner325
4/16/2017 7:17pm
Meister wrote:
Anyone have an issue with it breaking and exposing the actual connection? Mine is broke right near where the bolts are on the bottom side. The...

One of the dumbest things ktm did...Ive broke 2. Next one I get I'm just gonna zip tie it somewhere and leave the broken one on the lever.
3/9/2019 8:42pm
When they both come disconnected is that going to cause your bike not to start? I have a 2016 fc450 and have come off and both wires come loose now she wont start on me

Post a reply to: 16 KTM 450 handlebar map switch? Handlebar question.

The Latest