kx60 no start

Edited Date/Time 1/17/2012 8:18pm
98 KX60. Rebuilt it over the winter and always started first kick. Last weekend, it wouldn't fire for anything. (was ridden with no prob 2 weeks ago)

-Carb is good. checked the float and the jets including the slow jet which usually gets clogged when sitting too long.

-Plug is getting fire. Plug that was in it was wet and dark but still firing. Put in a new plug and no go. However it was wet after a few kicks.

-Compression good. I didn't have a tester with me but the kick starter felt just like it always has.

-Reeds are iffy. I can see a tiny bit of daylight in two spots but I've seen worse.

What else am I missing?
|
4/10/2009 11:21am
Never mind. I went to a website where guys actually ride and he helped me out. Smile Turns out Jr left the gas on after his last ride and the cylinder was full of fuel
maicoman
Posts
764
Joined
5/17/2007
Location
USA
4/10/2009 11:29am
Easy on the judgment quick draw, 30 minutes and 7 views doesn't give anyone a lot of chance of answering your question.
4/10/2009 11:47am
J/k It's all good. I guess I should have posted it over in Non-Moto and tried to make it political.
partialperson
Posts
409
Joined
11/6/2006
Location
Murphysboro, IL, USA
4/11/2009 8:06am
If cylinder was full of fuel, float needle rubber must be leaking, it could happen again. Then again, if the bike was on the side stand instead of a centerstand it could still be OK. Our mini float height was always setup to bleed a little while on the sidestand.

Post a reply to: kx60 no start

The Latest