Tank Grip

Cliffy615
Fantasy
3109th
3/17/2014 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2014 8:25am
After a 2 year hiatus from riding due to tearing my ACL on the same knee twice, yesterday (a year and a month after the 2nd surgery) I finally rode again and damn! It was fun!

You forget how much dirtbikes beat you up! I could barely get out of bed this morning. However after purchasing some Asterisks Ultra Cells which where great from the first ride (took 1 session to get used to them as the are fairly bulky) but by session 2 I didn't notice they were there,but because they are made from a placticy carbon type material I was struggling badly to grip the bike with my legs, they we're just slipping back and causing me arm pump as I had to hang on for dear life with my arms.

A few years ago i saw some sticky see-through rubber stuff with knobles on which were used on bikes plastics to help a riders leg grip to the bike. Just wondering if anyone knows what the stuff is called and where I can buy it (preferably UK but not essential) if there is any other alternatives to the stuff i'm thinking of i'd be glad to hear it! Thanks in advance!!
|
Mtek
3/17/2014 8:01pm
It's Stomgrip you are describing. Congrats on riding again, I had an ACL replacement two years as well, 100% flexibility, but it still gets sore. I don't think I will ever be the same.
rick's mx
3/19/2014 8:25am
Progrip also makes this. PG 5020 side gripping adhesive pads. Price is around $32.00 U.S.

Post a reply to: Tank Grip

The Latest