COMPLETE!!! CR500 Aluminum Frame Conversion Build

yota
Posts
1421
Joined
6/23/2008
Location
Crystal River, FL, USA
5/26/2015 10:01am
my conversion is on an 03 CR 125 chassis. It's a sweet handling package.
cclay47
Posts
555
Joined
11/7/2015
Location
Roseville, CA, USA
11/7/2015 9:02pm
Bike looks great.

Two questions for you. Where did you get the jig for the engine?
What jetting specs are using? I have an almost identical engine set up and the same carb and I'm looking for a starting point for jetting.

Thanks,
Colin
11/8/2015 8:44am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2015 8:47am
Colin,

Thanks! I purchased the jig from "Kevin S" on the now defunct www.bannedcr500riders.com and have sold it since the build, regretfully.

I purchased a Keihin PWK38 Air Striker (quad vent) from carb parts warehouse. Tom Morgan Racing taper-bored it to 39.5mm. I'm about 100' above sea-level in North Carolina, and at this time of year my jetting is:

52 pilot
1.5-2 turns out on air screw
CE-J needle, 3rd clip
175 main

I started with a 55 pilot and 180 main to be safe, but it was pig rich at 80degF. The current setup is perfect at 65degF at 100'.

Nick

EDIT:
I use straight VP C12 with Amsoil dominator at 40:1
cclay47
Posts
555
Joined
11/7/2015
Location
Roseville, CA, USA
11/8/2015 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2015 5:26pm
Thanks for the info! I get my motor back next week so I can dry fit and weld my 500CP frame kit and get this show on the road.

Did you have to adjusting the timing at all on your ignition or were you able to just run it as is? I have an 01 CR250 ignition system for mine.

Best regards,
Colin

The Shop

11/12/2015 8:08am
cclay47 wrote:
Thanks for the info! I get my motor back next week so I can dry fit and weld my 500CP frame kit and get this show...
Thanks for the info! I get my motor back next week so I can dry fit and weld my 500CP frame kit and get this show on the road.

Did you have to adjusting the timing at all on your ignition or were you able to just run it as is? I have an 01 CR250 ignition system for mine.

Best regards,
Colin
Colin,

Not a problem! Running the CR250 ignition on full advance has been the best result for me.

Nick

Post a reply to: COMPLETE!!! CR500 Aluminum Frame Conversion Build

The Latest