YTD Downloader - One Month Subscription - cancellation help

Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 8:21am
November last year I paid for a One Month YTD Pro Subscription. Before I paid I carefully checked that there was No Recuring payment box to uncheck. I found nothing and paid.

I downloaded about a dozen music clips that my daughters wanted and was satisfied with the service provided.

The issue I'm faced with is that each month since then YTD has continued to Debit my account to the tune of $5.99...Dec, Jan, Feb and again today.

I have Emailed YTD support and other YTD email address trying to cancel the unsolicited Debit order ( 18 emails so far) with Fokall reply. This morning another $5.99 was pulled from my account.

I'm fuming and feel powerless to do anything about it. Spoke to my Bank and they can only recommend changing my Bank Account Number. They can't reverse this YTD Debit Order. Now I'm even more pissed off.

I'll write off what YTD has taken off me but just want this damn deal cancelled. Any advice for me Gents?

I'm not into the whole cancel culture deal and do not seek conflict with anyone. I'm feeling like YTD and other sites take advantage of us folk.

|
MX45
3/26/2022 2:55pm
I don't know if what I'm about to suggest will work but....

I used an app called True Bill. I used to find all my subscriptions. They advertise that then can negotiate your subscription and monthly bills costs on your behalf, including canceling services you don't want/need.

I deleted the app because they nagged me too much, but it may be a solution to your problem. Good luck.
3/26/2022 4:41pm
Boomslang wrote:
November last year I paid for a One Month YTD Pro Subscription. Before I paid I carefully checked that there was No Recuring payment box to...
November last year I paid for a One Month YTD Pro Subscription. Before I paid I carefully checked that there was No Recuring payment box to uncheck. I found nothing and paid.

I downloaded about a dozen music clips that my daughters wanted and was satisfied with the service provided.

The issue I'm faced with is that each month since then YTD has continued to Debit my account to the tune of $5.99...Dec, Jan, Feb and again today.

I have Emailed YTD support and other YTD email address trying to cancel the unsolicited Debit order ( 18 emails so far) with Fokall reply. This morning another $5.99 was pulled from my account.

I'm fuming and feel powerless to do anything about it. Spoke to my Bank and they can only recommend changing my Bank Account Number. They can't reverse this YTD Debit Order. Now I'm even more pissed off.

I'll write off what YTD has taken off me but just want this damn deal cancelled. Any advice for me Gents?

I'm not into the whole cancel culture deal and do not seek conflict with anyone. I'm feeling like YTD and other sites take advantage of us folk.

Canceling a credit card for a service you no longer need or use, has nothing to do with cancel culture. At least from what I understand, but I am old and out of touch, you might say, I am old and in the way.SillySilly

The Shop

Yeti831
3/26/2022 8:21pm
Your bank won’t put a stop on the withdrawal?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/26/2022 9:24pm
Yeti831 wrote:
Your bank won’t put a stop on the withdrawal?
Nope, they cant help like that. I asked them to reverse the debit order and they said that they cant.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/26/2022 9:29pm
Have you looked at their FAQ? They tell you where a link to cancel is and have a link to contact them: https://www.ytddownloader.com/faq.html#:~:text=You%20can%20cancel%20your%20subscription,YTD%20Video%20Downloader%20PRO%20license%E2%80%9D. Why on earth...
Have you looked at their FAQ? They tell you where a link to cancel is and have a link to contact them: https://www.ytddownloader.com/faq.html#:~:text=You%20can%20cancel%20you….

Why on earth you thought you needed to bring up your stance on 'cancel culture'…
Thanks but I've tried the FAQs. Selected cancel subscription then it takes me back to the first page. Been going round in circles.

Not sure how to reply to your comment about cancel culture. I guess its not my thing to go on a social media campaign to try and get a point across. Im not even comfortable with this thread. Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem and how they dealt with it.

Im gonna change my account number within the bank. Its not a credit card.
SEE ARE125
3/27/2022 4:30am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Was the purchase made on an Apple device?
Boomslang wrote:
No, Android phone
I’m not familiar with Android, but they may have something similar to Apple. On an Apple device, you can go into the App Store, click your profile/account and see all your subscriptions and then cancel directly from the App Store. Maybe someone can chime in if that’s possible via the Google Play store?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 4:42am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Was the purchase made on an Apple device?
Boomslang wrote:
No, Android phone
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I’m not familiar with Android, but they may have something similar to Apple. On an Apple device, you can go into the App Store, click your...
I’m not familiar with Android, but they may have something similar to Apple. On an Apple device, you can go into the App Store, click your profile/account and see all your subscriptions and then cancel directly from the App Store. Maybe someone can chime in if that’s possible via the Google Play store?
Thanks, Ill have a look.
3/27/2022 6:57am
Have you looked at their FAQ? They tell you where a link to cancel is and have a link to contact them: https://www.ytddownloader.com/faq.html#:~:text=You%20can%20cancel%20your%20subscription,YTD%20Video%20Downloader%20PRO%20license%E2%80%9D. Why on earth...
Have you looked at their FAQ? They tell you where a link to cancel is and have a link to contact them: https://www.ytddownloader.com/faq.html#:~:text=You%20can%20cancel%20you….

Why on earth you thought you needed to bring up your stance on 'cancel culture'…
Boomslang wrote:
Thanks but I've tried the FAQs. Selected cancel subscription then it takes me back to the first page. Been going round in circles. Not sure how...
Thanks but I've tried the FAQs. Selected cancel subscription then it takes me back to the first page. Been going round in circles.

Not sure how to reply to your comment about cancel culture. I guess its not my thing to go on a social media campaign to try and get a point across. Im not even comfortable with this thread. Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem and how they dealt with it.

What do you mean. Do you have the email they mention? If not, did you click that support link and send them a message?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 7:05am

Boomslang wrote:
Thanks but I've tried the FAQs. Selected cancel subscription then it takes me back to the first page. Been going round in circles. Not sure how...

What do you mean. Do you have the email they mention? If not, did you click that support link and send them a message?
I click the support link and it takes me back to the first page where they give you choices for various issues.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 7:23am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 7:39am
Here is a screenshot of the email invoice i recieve after they debit my account. I take issue that they continue to bill me even though I Only Subscribed for ONE Month. So I click on the blue HERE to contact them about my dispute.

After clicking on the blue HERE it takes me to this page where I select and click on HOW DO I REQUEST A REFUND

When I click on HOW DO I REQUEST A REFUND it takes me here..

I then click on CONTACT US in order to converse my dispute but the CONTACT HERE takes me back to the first fucking page where it says HOW DO I REQUEST A REFUND.

The YTD "Please Contact Us Here" on the invoice keeps me going in circles.

I've googled YTD Contact addresses and I get the same shit.

I've REPLIED TO SENDER on the Invoice email from YTD more than 20 times now and get ignored.

Pulling the little hair I have left out with this bullshit.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 7:31am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 7:40am
I've clicked on that link you provided and I get the run around as explained in my last post.

Please can you check it for me. Click on the link and then click on HOW DO I REQUEST A REFUND and then Click on CONTACT US....the effing thing then takes me back to the first page.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 7:37am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2022 7:41am
What I'm saying is that YTD knows people will only subscribe for one month, then they continue to bill you each month whilst making it impossible to dispute or cancel the subscription. Thats the issue that has me pissed off. How much money are they skimming off people every month?

This is on my Master Card and the only way to stop it is to get off my arse, drive to my Bank and have the account number changed.

I have phoned the babk and they say they cant stop YTD who has my details which they continue to use to pull cash each month.

Any lawyers on Vital?
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
3/27/2022 7:46am
Boomslang wrote:
What I'm saying is that YTD knows people will only subscribe for one month, then they continue to bill you each month whilst making it impossible...
What I'm saying is that YTD knows people will only subscribe for one month, then they continue to bill you each month whilst making it impossible to dispute or cancel the subscription. Thats the issue that has me pissed off. How much money are they skimming off people every month?

This is on my Master Card and the only way to stop it is to get off my arse, drive to my Bank and have the account number changed.

I have phoned the babk and they say they cant stop YTD who has my details which they continue to use to pull cash each month.

Any lawyers on Vital?
There's a link on the how do I request a refund page that has instructions on how to cancel the subscription. Have you tried that one yet?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 7:52am
Thanks for trying to help and yes I have tried that page...Ive tried them all and they all take you back to this page.

Clicki g on Support Team or any of the other options takes me back to this page.

harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
3/27/2022 7:58am
Did you look in the first email you got from them after you signed up, for the link to manage the subscription? If so, and it gives you the same runaround, you'll need to change your bank info
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 8:03am
Did you look in the first email you got from them after you signed up, for the link to manage the subscription? If so, and it...
Did you look in the first email you got from them after you signed up, for the link to manage the subscription? If so, and it gives you the same runaround, you'll need to change your bank info
I have all the emails including the first one. Same run around.....

I'm convinced that YTD deliberately does this in order to skim cash out of unsuspecting subscribers accounts. l
SEE ARE125
3/27/2022 8:05am
Call the number on the back of your debit card and tell them you lost it. They’ll send you a new card with a new card number within a couple days, no need to change bank acct number, just change the debit card number. Downside is you won’t have a debit card for a few days.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
3/27/2022 8:21am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Call the number on the back of your debit card and tell them you lost it. They’ll send you a new card with a new card...
Call the number on the back of your debit card and tell them you lost it. They’ll send you a new card with a new card number within a couple days, no need to change bank acct number, just change the debit card number. Downside is you won’t have a debit card for a few days.
This is what I’ve done in the past a few times. It was a ton easier than sitting on the phone
3/27/2022 12:33pm
Click ‘select a subject’. You’re scrolling past the content of the page straight to the footer.

Also they mention an email with a license, not an email with an invoice.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/30/2022 1:42pm
Did you look in the first email you got from them after you signed up, for the link to manage the subscription? If so, and it...
Boomslang wrote:
I have all the emails including the first one. Same run around..... I'm convinced that YTD deliberately does this in order to skim cash out of...
I have all the emails including the first one. Same run around.....

I'm convinced that YTD deliberately does this in order to skim cash out of unsuspecting subscribers accounts. l
I am 100% convinced that companies all over are doing this kind of unscrupulous bullshit. They charge you over and over, then see if the charges will stick. Lots of people just roll over and let it go.

I'd change the bank account number... by withdrawing all my money.... and putting it in another bank.

Also, be careful that YTD doesn't try to come after you later for "unpaid charges" from the months they continued to bill you, after you cancel your card. I can totally see that happening, too.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
4/1/2022 10:28am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2022 10:33am
SpyGuy, I've tried everything and Abomination, yes I've also been down that Avenue. I am unable contact YTD.

Tomorrow I'm going to my Bank to sort it out.

It's frustrating and I'm sure I'm not the only person to get caught like this.

Side story, I subscribe to XPress VPN in order to watch the Outdoor MX on Peacock. When the season ended I noticed XPress continued to debit my account. They have a facility where one can speak to a consultant, I messaged the consultant, explained that I only use XPress for a period of 4 months. She was very helpful and within three days XPress had reversed two months payment where they actually only needed to refund me one month. I contacted another consultant and advised them that I now owe them a month and was told that it's ok and they hope to see me back soon. That's what I call service and I will continue to use them.

YTD can kiss my damn dot. Crap aftercare service.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
4/1/2022 10:39am
Lastly, I really appreciate you dudes trying to help...respect to ya all.

Post a reply to: YTD Downloader - One Month Subscription - cancellation help

The Latest