Missing Flight MH370

FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
3/12/2014 1:02am
Oh, I've listened to Coast to Coast before. Well, I usually get through about 10 minutes of it and have to turn it. Smile
LOL
Yeah,everyone that goes on there is promoting something like a book.
I listen to it at night lol,puts me to sleep.

This is a neat website.
It's all recent & archived UFO reports.
National UFO Reporting Center
(you gotta click on the dates on the side to view the reports)
3/12/2014 2:46am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 9:33am
NV825 wrote:
Could the plane have lost cabin pressure and everyone basically passed out/suffocated and then it went down into the ocean in tact? I'm not sure if...
Could the plane have lost cabin pressure and everyone basically passed out/suffocated and then it went down into the ocean in tact? I'm not sure if hitting the water would have ripped it to shreds or not though causing debris to be floating around.
They ran a very good report on the BBC along with a professional pilot who ran through your exact scenario in a simulator, and I must say it seemed very convincing. If they don't get those masks on fast (within a few seconds) before trying to do anything else, then a loss of conciousness ensues pretty fast. If that is what happened and they did manage to turn the plane (instead of putting their masks on) before passing out - then this is probably why the plane flew god knows how many miles off course from where they've been searching for it.

I shall try and find the BBC report later.

The Shop

3/12/2014 7:16am
How many pilots are in the cockpit? Does it seem like a stretch to assume all of them failed to put their masks on in time? Shouldn't this routine following rapid decompression be pretty routine for these guys?
3/12/2014 7:44am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 7:45am

Breaking: Body wearing lifejacket reported found off Malacca


http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20140312000154&…

The Beijing News has reported that a source claiming to be local volunteer assisting in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has found a dead body wearing a lifejacket in an area of the Malacca Strait. In a single-paragraph report, the website of the Chinese-language newspaper said that it was seeking to establish the reliability of the claim.


If this is true, does this eliminate the rapid decompression theory? Are the life jackets under the seat?
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
3/12/2014 8:00am
Just saw a news report this morning saying that the last words recorded from the captains before they handed the controls over to the Vietnamese pilots were " "All right , Good night " . Not sure if we'll find out exactly what happened after they handed the controls over , but it sounded like everything was good up to that point.
3/12/2014 8:36am
Apparently the dead body story I linked to has already been discounted. Sounds like the body was not from the flight.
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
3/12/2014 8:59am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 9:00am
I got a question.
If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level.
And the pilot gunned to like 590 mph and headed upward away from the earth and into the stratosphere and just kept going.
I wonder how far they could go for and would the plane just end up floating space once it ran out of fuel (is it possible)?
I'm sure there would be breathing issues also.
I wonder how long the engines would run for.
3/12/2014 9:15am
FastEddy wrote:
I got a question. If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level. And the pilot gunned to...
I got a question.
If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level.
And the pilot gunned to like 590 mph and headed upward away from the earth and into the stratosphere and just kept going.
I wonder how far they could go for and would the plane just end up floating space once it ran out of fuel (is it possible)?
I'm sure there would be breathing issues also.
I wonder how long the engines would run for.
What if they are just flying around in space right now visiting Mars and other planets?
3/12/2014 9:20am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 9:22am
FastEddy wrote:
I got a question. If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level. And the pilot gunned to...
I got a question.
If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level.
And the pilot gunned to like 590 mph and headed upward away from the earth and into the stratosphere and just kept going.
I wonder how far they could go for and would the plane just end up floating space once it ran out of fuel (is it possible)?
I'm sure there would be breathing issues also.
I wonder how long the engines would run for.
No, I don't think that could happen - real space is a long long way up. Without oxygen the engines wouldn't work and the plane couldn't generate "lift" to escape the atmosphere anyway. Interesting idea though.
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
3/12/2014 9:22am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 9:25am
TripleFive wrote:
What if they are just flying around in space right now visiting Mars and other planets?
He may have taken them on a tour to the Int Space Station. Smile
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
3/12/2014 9:25am
No, I don't think that could happen - real space is a long long way up. Without oxygen the engines wouldn't work and the plane couldn't...
No, I don't think that could happen - real space is a long long way up. Without oxygen the engines wouldn't work and the plane couldn't generate "lift" to escape the atmosphere anyway. Interesting idea though.
Thanks.
I assume the Space shuttle is a bit more advanced. Wink
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
3/12/2014 9:29am
Those big heavies are damn near zero glideslope and are only in the air because of crazy high thrust figures that force those fat pigs into the wind. Take away those turbines and the anchors gonna drop and fast. Not much O2 up there in the higher levels.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
3/12/2014 9:35am
FastEddy wrote:
Thanks.
I assume the Space shuttle is a bit more advanced. Wink
Just like Hawk said, the Shuttle is just a flying brick......

XXVoid MainXX
Posts
8105
Joined
5/25/2012
Location
Schenectady, NY, USA
3/12/2014 10:28am
FastEddy wrote:
I got a question. If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level. And the pilot gunned to...
I got a question.
If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level.
And the pilot gunned to like 590 mph and headed upward away from the earth and into the stratosphere and just kept going.
I wonder how far they could go for and would the plane just end up floating space once it ran out of fuel (is it possible)?
I'm sure there would be breathing issues also.
I wonder how long the engines would run for.
Um, no. Smile
huck
Posts
17049
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
3/12/2014 10:46am
FastEddy wrote:
I got a question. If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level. And the pilot gunned to...
I got a question.
If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level.
And the pilot gunned to like 590 mph and headed upward away from the earth and into the stratosphere and just kept going.
I wonder how far they could go for and would the plane just end up floating space once it ran out of fuel (is it possible)?
I'm sure there would be breathing issues also.
I wonder how long the engines would run for.
Stratosphere is over 10 miles up..and up to 45 miles.

35,000 feet is only half way, to the start of it.
Old-Man
Posts
8019
Joined
10/21/2011
Location
Colorado springs, CO, USA
3/12/2014 11:45am
FastEddy wrote:
I got a question. If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level. And the pilot gunned to...
I got a question.
If that jet were to be at let's say 35k to about 40k feet above sea level.
And the pilot gunned to like 590 mph and headed upward away from the earth and into the stratosphere and just kept going.
I wonder how far they could go for and would the plane just end up floating space once it ran out of fuel (is it possible)?
I'm sure there would be breathing issues also.
I wonder how long the engines would run for.
You have to travel 25,000 MPH to escape the gravitational pull of earth

Escape velocity is calculated on the assumption that the only force applying is gravity, that is, only after the rocket engines (or whatever accelerated you to 25,000 have stopped firing. Imagine yourself above the Earth’s atmosphere travelling away from the Earth at high speed. Earth’s gravitational pull is slowing you down, but as your distance from Earth increases, that pull weakens. If you were initially travelling at less than the escape velocity then eventually Earth’s pull would be enough to bring you to a stop and from then you on you would fall back to Earth. The escape velocity is the speed you need to avoid this fate and keep travelling forever, although you would need to travel at a much higher speed if you wanted to reach the stars in your lifetime


Guardian.com
Old-Man
Posts
8019
Joined
10/21/2011
Location
Colorado springs, CO, USA
3/12/2014 11:50am
FastEddy wrote:
Help search for the wreckage.
Here's the website.
http://www.tomnod.com
No need, it's already cleaned up and aboard a ship.

We made a mistake and shot it down ~ Vladimir Putin

To overt a third world war lets just throw this under the rug, OK Obama?
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
3/12/2014 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 1:40pm
huck wrote:
Stratosphere is over 10 miles up..and up to 45 miles.

35,000 feet is only half way, to the start of it.
O yeah...it's far.I remember that Red Bull jump lol.
Starting at 35k going 590mph they could clear the Stratosphere in less then 10 minutes (granted the jet could handle it & keep that speed without issues).
Straight up closer to 5 or 6 minutes. But I assume they would have to incline a bit so it would add extra distance.
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
3/12/2014 1:38pm
Old-Man wrote:
You have to travel 25,000 MPH to escape the gravitational pull of earth Escape velocity is calculated on the assumption that the only force applying is...
You have to travel 25,000 MPH to escape the gravitational pull of earth

Escape velocity is calculated on the assumption that the only force applying is gravity, that is, only after the rocket engines (or whatever accelerated you to 25,000 have stopped firing. Imagine yourself above the Earth’s atmosphere travelling away from the Earth at high speed. Earth’s gravitational pull is slowing you down, but as your distance from Earth increases, that pull weakens. If you were initially travelling at less than the escape velocity then eventually Earth’s pull would be enough to bring you to a stop and from then you on you would fall back to Earth. The escape velocity is the speed you need to avoid this fate and keep travelling forever, although you would need to travel at a much higher speed if you wanted to reach the stars in your lifetime


Guardian.com
That's interesting.
scooter5002
Posts
4748
Joined
6/6/2010
Location
Nanton Alberta, CA
3/12/2014 1:56pm
Let's not forget. Rocket, self contained fuel and oxygen for combustion. A jet relies on atmospheric oxygen for combustion, as it thins out, thrust and the flame starts to fade. Be a hell of a landing once it starved for the right stuff.
I dunno, would "landing" be the right term? More like "oil slick" in the ocean? Duh duh duh duh....... Eddy, tell us what you learned from hacking into the Chinese govt website, you rascal you.
3/12/2014 2:19pm
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space.

Here is one of the last photos taken of the aircraft:

MR. X
Posts
6913
Joined
6/24/2010
Location
North Tonawanda, NY, USA
3/12/2014 2:21pm
TripleFive wrote:
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space. Here is one of the last photos taken...
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space.

Here is one of the last photos taken of the aircraft:

That was my thought when the story first broke.
Shiftfaced
Posts
859
Joined
12/15/2008
Location
Ruby Ridge, ID, USA
3/12/2014 3:08pm
TripleFive wrote:
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space. Here is one of the last photos taken...
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space.

Here is one of the last photos taken of the aircraft:

Who would have taken that photo?

And after having taken that photo, wouldn't that have been the FIRST THING discussed after it was missing?
3/12/2014 3:58pm
Shiftfaced wrote:
Who would have taken that photo?

And after having taken that photo, wouldn't that have been the FIRST THING discussed after it was missing?
It came from China. The reason why it was slow to come out is because China is supposedly experimenting with new drone technology that can take crazy pictures from all different angles.
scooter5002
Posts
4748
Joined
6/6/2010
Location
Nanton Alberta, CA
3/12/2014 4:50pm
TripleFive wrote:
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space. Here is one of the last photos taken...
A theory gaining some momentum on the news websites is that the plane is actually floating through space.

Here is one of the last photos taken of the aircraft:

Lmao. That is NOT a Boeing 777-200. Jus sayin'.

Post a reply to: Missing Flight MH370

The Latest