London Knife Attack

AHRMA361
8/3/2016 7:31pm
One woman dead, 5 injured. Bad guy tased and captured.

"Terrorism is one possibility being looked at" per the London Police.

Is that code for "it is terrorism, but we are looking for any possibility it is not" before they have to divulge the correct story?

Should be interesting to see what unfolds.

RIP to the deceased and hope the injured all pull through.
|
scott_nz
8/3/2016 8:29pm
AHRMA361 wrote:
One woman dead, 5 injured. Bad guy tased and captured. "Terrorism is one possibility being looked at" per the London Police. Is that code for "it...

Is that code for "it is terrorism, but we are looking for any possibility it is not" before they have to divulge the correct story?

when does an attack become terrorism? what is the difference between a knife attack from a mental deranged person, and a mentally deranged person that justifies his actions because of religion, or some other bullshit excuse,

and i agree RIP and thoughts to the injured and thier families, I have been to Russell Square a number of times, its a pretty busy place most of the time,
disbanded
8/3/2016 9:16pm
scott_nz wrote:
when does an attack become terrorism? what is the difference between a knife attack from a mental deranged person, and a mentally deranged person that justifies...
when does an attack become terrorism? what is the difference between a knife attack from a mental deranged person, and a mentally deranged person that justifies his actions because of religion, or some other bullshit excuse,

and i agree RIP and thoughts to the injured and thier families, I have been to Russell Square a number of times, its a pretty busy place most of the time,
Depends on the motive.
PalerBlue
8/4/2016 12:39am
The French would not have Tazered him like that, so now we've got an ongoing problem and expense with him, shame.

The Shop

jamma10
8/4/2016 3:57am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2016 3:59am
Apparently the murdered woman was American and the injured included British people, an Australian and an Israeli.

The suspect was a Norwegian national of Somali origin who had mental health problems (no evidence he was radicalised as of yet...)
PalerBlue
8/4/2016 5:08am
I would have been embarrassed to have written something like that, but you don't seem to have a limit to your crass stupidity.
Have a nice day in your own little private world........
newmann
8/4/2016 6:02am
PalerBlue wrote:
I would have been embarrassed to have written something like that, but you don't seem to have a limit to your crass stupidity. Have a nice...
I would have been embarrassed to have written something like that, but you don't seem to have a limit to your crass stupidity.
Goes hand in hand with some of the stuff you spew. Gun bans won't end gun related crimes here in the US anymore than a knife ban ending mass stabbings on your side of the pond.

But remember...

hillbilly
8/4/2016 6:16am
I watched a documentary on Europe last nite,well,more news than documentary i guess.

The totally fucked up areas of Syria,Yemen,and now Libya has people leaving any way they can.

One bunch of women and kids were trying to make it across the Mediterranean from Libya, this was heart breaking,sickening.

The camera view was from a rescue ship that picks them up 24/7,as they approach this group of they figure 90 women and kids a pirate bunch that kidnaps is already there. This pirate boat peels off and instead of just leaving they open up with ak47s and kill all the women and kids.

Another thing that got me was this old woman in Aleppo sweeping off the walk in front of the bombed out building she was surviving in,rubble all around and she is sweeping a 4x8 walk area. It was overwhelming.

No wonder the mental health of people is so screwed.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/4/2016 12:25pm
It's too bad that some of you feel the need to further your gun agendas when tragedies happen.
newmann
8/4/2016 12:51pm
It's too bad that some of you feel the need to further your gun agendas when tragedies happen.
Actually, it's too bad some of you try to further your gun agenda every time some idiot starts shooting people.
Jimmy_Sloan
8/4/2016 5:27pm
newmann wrote:
Actually, it's too bad some of you try to further your gun agenda every time some idiot starts shooting people.
You're just deflecting the issue here. While you and some of the others use these tragedies to mock gun control advocates, gun control advocates actually care about the loss of life and so for them the issue of gun control is a serious one. One is in very poor taste (yours) and the other isn't.
8/4/2016 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2016 6:19pm
I wanted to have a serious conversation about knife legislation. But got clicked. Pinch or deleted I mean.
newmann
8/4/2016 6:53pm
newmann wrote:
You're just deflecting the issue here. While you and some of the others use these tragedies to mock gun control advocates, gun control advocates actually care...
You're just deflecting the issue here. While you and some of the others use these tragedies to mock gun control advocates, gun control advocates actually care about the loss of life and so for them the issue of gun control is a serious one. One is in very poor taste (yours) and the other isn't.
Deflecting, no. And anti-gunners caring about the loss of life? As soon as they quit blaming the piece of metal and start punishing the perpetrator I might start believing you. You do realize it is illegal to go around murdering people, don't you? Or is it murder, murder, murder, kill, kill, kill??
Huevos
8/4/2016 7:20pm
He's from Washington, dude. Don't waste your energy.
JAFO92
8/4/2016 7:29pm
Scary !

newmann
8/4/2016 8:13pm
Huevos wrote:
He's from Washington, dude. Don't waste your energy.
He and his multiple other screen names?Laughing
newmann
8/4/2016 8:18pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Scary ! [img]http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/scared-smileys/fearsmiley.gif[/img] [img]https://totalsurvival.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/survival-knife-smith-and-wesson-1024x357.jpg[/img]
Scary !

You see where Rambo's knife burned up in a house fire? Along with one of Steve McQueen's Rolex's....Sad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3719750/Knife-used-Sylvester-St…
PalerBlue
8/5/2016 1:13am
PalerBlue wrote:
I would have been embarrassed to have written something like that, but you don't seem to have a limit to your crass stupidity. Have a nice...
newmann wrote:
Goes hand in hand with some of the stuff you spew. Gun bans won't end gun related crimes here in the US anymore than a knife...
Goes hand in hand with some of the stuff you spew. Gun bans won't end gun related crimes here in the US anymore than a knife ban ending mass stabbings on your side of the pond.

But remember...

If you can find a single instance of my making light of a tragedy to make a point, then I'll apologize.

My dislike of American attitudes to guns is real BUT I don't for one minute believe that a ban on guns in the U.S. is realistic or worthwhile at this stage. You are simply too far down a one-way street to start reversing now. And if you're cool with it why should it bother me? As long as the places I want to go aren't like that, it's all good for me.
8/5/2016 4:31am
AHRMA361 wrote:
One woman dead, 5 injured. Bad guy tased and captured. "Terrorism is one possibility being looked at" per the London Police. Is that code for "it...

If anything I would say it's the opposite, any opportunity to put it down as terrorism. Terrorism/fear sells more than a lone nut job with no motive that can be attached to the wider population.
tuggy450
8/5/2016 10:02am
Andy how many attacks have the brits endured since allowing middle eastern immigration?, how many mohammeds were born in britain this year, how many johns ?.. has there been a sudden outbreak of insanity? Well now that you mention it.
PalerBlue
8/5/2016 10:17am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2016 10:19am
tuggy450 wrote:
Andy how many attacks have the brits endured since allowing middle eastern immigration?, how many mohammeds were born in britain this year, how many johns...
Andy how many attacks have the brits endured since allowing middle eastern immigration?, how many mohammeds were born in britain this year, how many johns ?.. has there been a sudden outbreak of insanity? Well now that you mention it.
Although I've got no time for Islam, I've got to say they've done less harm here than the Irish did in the 80's and 90's. B.T.W. that bunch of cowardly bastards were mainly funded by the public in the U.S. , should we have nuked y'all?

Governments ALWAYS claim they don't talk to terrorists, when the truth is that they always do in the end. Short of genocide, negotiations are the only effective way to peace. When no negotiations are are possible perhaps mass slaughter of the bad guys is a viable solution.
8/5/2016 10:19am
tuggy450 wrote:
Andy how many attacks have the brits endured since allowing middle eastern immigration?, how many mohammeds were born in britain this year, how many johns...
Surprisingly few terrorist attacks, especially compared to the continent. Stabbings in London between rival gangs is a far bigger killer.

As for birth names you would have to check the registry
tuggy450
8/5/2016 11:03am
Yep you should have nuked us. Guess you weren't a big fan of the Irish form of terrorism,

anyway seriously since we have it anyway..Lets celebrate the diversity ...

So I guess adding a few more terrorist attacks to the stabbings between rival gangs is a good thing then. It promotes the gangland diversity that we all love. I mean how dare we discriminate against our beloved gangs... Like a beautiful melting pot of slaughter. Just kinda takes some of the praise away from the usual non religious normal gang killings though. I guess I am just being bigoted against the Islamist form of terror gang......your right I'm bad..carry on
Chu
8/6/2016 12:15am
tuggy450 wrote:
Most popular babies name in england the other year was mohammed.
Breeding like wabbits.
7/16/2019 1:47am
newmann wrote:
You see where Rambo's knife burned up in a house fire? Along with one of Steve McQueen's Rolex's....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3719750/Knife-used-Rambo-writemyessay-movie-reviews-destroyed-wildfire-burns-home-elderly-ex-stuntman-wife.html

New Zealand banned all assault weapons this year. Quite strange, but anyway I guess we need to wait till we see the statistics. Anthony Zurcher wrote about it in his article: US gun laws: Why it won't follow New Zealand's lead.
RONJ OSE
7/16/2019 7:52am
Little something for the gun haters here,
In Kennesaw Georgia it is required that every house must own a gun if allowed to do so under the law crime rate there is 94% lower then the surrounding city’s.
Sorry for helping bring a dead thread back but thought some of you would find this interesting
Beeby
7/16/2019 8:06am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 8:13am
RONJ OSE wrote:
Little something for the gun haters here, In Kennesaw Georgia it is required that every house must own a gun if allowed to do so under...
In Kennesaw Georgia it is required that every house must own a gun if allowed to do so under the law crime rate there is 94% lower then the surrounding city’s.
Sorry for helping bring a dead thread back but thought some of you would find this interesting
I’ve researched this one before because I didn’t believe it was a law. It is a legal requirement that the head of the household maintain a firearm. Which is funny because the law isn’t upheld whatsoever so there are a lot of people who (like me) would never have a gun in their home. Then there are those that take ‘maintain a firearm’ to be a room full of AR-15 style weapons because “the city tells them to”.

One thing that I got from looking into it was that it’s a rule for the home and doesn’t mean everyone is carrying them down the street so street crime is just as possible as anywhere else and also the % statistics are very much manipulated figures. They use the term ‘violent crime is lower’ but exactly what is recorded as a violent crime is questionable. They also compare some of the statistics to wildly different areas and/or the whole of Georgia. My neighbourhood in Chicago has similar crime statistics to that town and we don’t all own guns, it’s just a nicer area with less crime.
RONJ OSE
7/16/2019 8:25am
RONJ OSE wrote:
Little something for the gun haters here, In Kennesaw Georgia it is required that every house must own a gun if allowed to do so under...
Beeby wrote:
I’ve researched this one before because I didn’t believe it was a law. It is a legal requirement that the head of the household maintain a...
I’ve researched this one before because I didn’t believe it was a law. It is a legal requirement that the head of the household maintain a firearm. Which is funny because the law isn’t upheld whatsoever so there are a lot of people who (like me) would never have a gun in their home. Then there are those that take ‘maintain a firearm’ to be a room full of AR-15 style weapons because “the city tells them to”.

One thing that I got from looking into it was that it’s a rule for the home and doesn’t mean everyone is carrying them down the street so street crime is just as possible as anywhere else and also the % statistics are very much manipulated figures. They use the term ‘violent crime is lower’ but exactly what is recorded as a violent crime is questionable. They also compare some of the statistics to wildly different areas and/or the whole of Georgia. My neighbourhood in Chicago has similar crime statistics to that town and we don’t all own guns, it’s just a nicer area with less crime.
If your a criminal looking to break into a house and it’s mandated that every house has a handgun then you would think twice and maybe pass on to the next city. That law definitely brings a mental aspect into it.
And what’s up with everyone hating on the ar-15??
I never once have been able to have a rational conversation about it with non gun supporters so I’d love to hear what you have to say.
Beeby
7/16/2019 8:48am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 8:49am
RONJ OSE wrote:
Beeby wrote:
I’ve researched this one before because I didn’t believe it was a law. It is a legal requirement that the head of the household maintain a...

RONJ OSE wrote:
If your a criminal looking to break into a house and it’s mandated that every house has a handgun then you would think twice and maybe...
If your a criminal looking to break into a house and it’s mandated that every house has a handgun then you would think twice and maybe pass on to the next city. That law definitely brings a mental aspect into it.
And what’s up with everyone hating on the ar-15??
I never once have been able to have a rational conversation about it with non gun supporters so I’d love to hear what you have to say.
I don’t think arming every house in a city is the right approach. I’m not convinced it’s made the difference in that city that they would like you to think. It’s not a new law, it’s been around for decades and if it were a proven working formula then it would have been widely copied. What it has done is added to the guns in the country and also made guns more widely acceptable. The attitude towards guns in this country is alarming to those not from this country. They’ve been normalized.

As for the AR-15, apart from the fact it’s a totally inappropriate gun to own to meet the requirement of ‘securing your home’ in this cities example it’s also the gun of choice of a lot of people that have done mass shootings. England/London is the example in this thread, you try to go to London and get an AR-15 to do mass shooting. Less guns, less gun crime. The statistics cannot be argued with.

Post a reply to: London Knife Attack

The Latest

The Latest