Hey Al Gore

Racer92
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2014 9:58am
|

The Shop

kongols
12/30/2013 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2013 7:16pm
It`s supposed to be deep freeze here in Latvia, but instead we are getting 50 degrees weather. And it will be like this till mid January. Trees are already blossoming and mushrooms are still growing in the forests.
kongols
12/30/2013 8:04pm
That's a bad thing? I wish it would warm up here!! Smile
Yes, it`s a bad thing. We were planning on cutting few acres of forest in December. We can`t get in until the ground is not frozen. Now it looks like we`ll have to wait till February.
CR250Rider
12/30/2013 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2013 8:19pm
Sounds like it's not frozen now....? I don't get it.
kongols
12/30/2013 8:16pm
CR250Rider wrote:
Sounds like it's not frozen now....? I don't get it.
Ground is too soft, swampy. No tractor can get it out.
CR250Rider
12/30/2013 8:34pm
Oh I see.
Hopefully the ground will dry out sooner in the spring so you can make up for the down-time now.
kongols
12/30/2013 8:47pm
CR250Rider wrote:
Oh I see.
Hopefully the ground will dry out sooner in the spring so you can make up for the down-time now.
Luckily it`s not a business. We own close to a 100 acres of forest and we cut few acres once in a five years or so.
silver753
12/30/2013 11:46pm
We used to have knee deep snow around here when I was a kid, about 35 years ago. Slowly, it's disappeared. Now we get a pinch of snow, and it's gone. Haven't had snow like I (and everyone I talk with) can remember in decades. Weather it's man made or natural, I have no idea. But I do try to steer my actions a little toward trying to help the environment. My father is drill, drill, drill! If you drive anything that gets more than 10mpg, you are a tree hugging pussy. If you recycle, you are a tree hugging pussy. If you believe that humans can affect global climate, guess what, you are a tree hugging pussy. Not sure if the OP was trying to get at the same stuff my dad spews.
jtomasik
12/31/2013 5:17am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 5:21am
kongols wrote:
It`s supposed to be deep freeze here in Latvia, but instead we are getting 50 degrees weather. And it will be like this till mid January...
It`s supposed to be deep freeze here in Latvia, but instead we are getting 50 degrees weather. And it will be like this till mid January. Trees are already blossoming and mushrooms are still growing in the forests.
Yeah, cherry-pick those data points. That convinces the feeble-minded.

You kool-aid consumers need to look up a map of global temps over the past 500,000 years, and then tell me what the temperature trend is.

Better yet, shut down all of that high-speed internet hardware you're warming the globe with. You downloading movies fast isn't a necessity. In fact, you on an internet chat board isn't one, either. When are you tree-huggers going to sacrifice and do your part? Never? Just like I suspected....
kongols
12/31/2013 6:33am
kongols wrote:
It`s supposed to be deep freeze here in Latvia, but instead we are getting 50 degrees weather. And it will be like this till mid January...
jtomasik wrote:
Yeah, cherry-pick those data points. That convinces the feeble-minded. You kool-aid consumers need to look up a map of global temps over the past 500,000 years...

You kool-aid consumers need to look up a map of global temps over the past 500,000 years, and then tell me what the temperature trend is.

Better yet, shut down all of that high-speed internet hardware you're warming the globe with. You downloading movies fast isn't a necessity. In fact, you on an internet chat board isn't one, either. When are you tree-huggers going to sacrifice and do your part? Never? Just like I suspected....
Looks like party started early in your house.
Racer92
12/31/2013 7:08am
silver753 wrote:
We used to have knee deep snow around here when I was a kid, about 35 years ago. Slowly, it's disappeared. Now we get a pinch...
We used to have knee deep snow around here when I was a kid, about 35 years ago. Slowly, it's disappeared. Now we get a pinch of snow, and it's gone. Haven't had snow like I (and everyone I talk with) can remember in decades. Weather it's man made or natural, I have no idea. But I do try to steer my actions a little toward trying to help the environment. My father is drill, drill, drill! If you drive anything that gets more than 10mpg, you are a tree hugging pussy. If you recycle, you are a tree hugging pussy. If you believe that humans can affect global climate, guess what, you are a tree hugging pussy. Not sure if the OP was trying to get at the same stuff my dad spews.
Spews? LOL I could have sooooo much fun with this one.
Racer92
12/31/2013 7:14am
jtomasik wrote:
Yeah, cherry-pick those data points. That convinces the feeble-minded. You kool-aid consumers need to look up a map of global temps over the past 500,000 years...

Easy on 'em Jtom. They just cant help it.
Shiftfaced
12/31/2013 7:44am
silver753 wrote:
We used to have knee deep snow around here when I was a kid, about 35 years ago. Slowly, it's disappeared. Now we get a pinch...
Many of us have seen the same thing. I grew up in Ephrata, WA (right in the middle of the state), and we grew up sledding EVERY YEAR. Suicide Hill was the place to be in the winter.

Going home these days, kids of have not sledded for YEARS. Trace of snow, if at all, and then gone.

Don't worry about this thread though. Started by an antagonist who does not put any THOUGHT into these threads, just tries to ruffle up peoples feathers. He is a little guy. In person, you would not even notice him.

Regarding the topic though, I remember back in the mid 90's when people were talking about "Global Warming". As the science was refined, they realized that is was bigger than that. Not a simple warming trend, but CLIMATE CHANGE. Those who wish to marginalize the science will wait until the coldest day of the year, and spout something about "global warming", as if that anecdotal statement was any kind of proof of anything. The science is clear. You know, some people might still argue that the earth is flat. You just gotta ignore them......
vet323
12/31/2013 7:55am
silver753 wrote:
Shiftfaced wrote:
Many of us have seen the same thing. I grew up in Ephrata, WA (right in the middle of the state), and we grew up sledding...
Many of us have seen the same thing. I grew up in Ephrata, WA (right in the middle of the state), and we grew up sledding EVERY YEAR. Suicide Hill was the place to be in the winter.

Going home these days, kids of have not sledded for YEARS. Trace of snow, if at all, and then gone.

Don't worry about this thread though. Started by an antagonist who does not put any THOUGHT into these threads, just tries to ruffle up peoples feathers. He is a little guy. In person, you would not even notice him.

Regarding the topic though, I remember back in the mid 90's when people were talking about "Global Warming". As the science was refined, they realized that is was bigger than that. Not a simple warming trend, but CLIMATE CHANGE. Those who wish to marginalize the science will wait until the coldest day of the year, and spout something about "global warming", as if that anecdotal statement was any kind of proof of anything. The science is clear. You know, some people might still argue that the earth is flat. You just gotta ignore them......
"Back in the mid '90s"

Gore's idiotic movie about Global Warming came out in 2006, are you as well-versed in studying science as you are in studying calendars?

"The science is clear"- that sentence would never be written by anyone who has any idea how science works.
Shiftfaced
12/31/2013 7:59am
Just because YOU were not aware of anything until Al Gore raised the question does not mean others were not aware.
Utrider
Fantasy
1528th
12/31/2013 8:12am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Just because YOU were not aware of anything until Al Gore raised the question does not mean others were not aware.
Wow, just because you can look outside and see the weather is different you can call it "climate change" and cover your ass for your moronic acknowledgement that things change.................just wow!
vet323
12/31/2013 8:31am
Shiftfaced wrote:
What are you even talking about?

YOU made a bogus claim that "Global Warming" had ceased to be a thing sometime in the mid '90s. I was merely pointing out how full of crap that statement was.

And for the record. Al Gore wasn't raising a question, he was raising money.
Racer92
12/31/2013 8:34am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Just a little factoid you guys like to omit: this rock we are all stuck on has been freezing over, thawing out, going thru jet stream changes, magnetic pole reversals, pummeled by meteors, areas that used to be lush forests turned to arid deserts looooong before Homo Sapien burned his first pile of styrofoam cups or invented R-12. If you were to draw a scaled time-line of the history of Earth, from when it was a swirling ball of gas and debris to present-day (also assuming you know what a time-line looks like, and your mind can grasp the enormity of how long this scaled time line would be when displayed in 1-year increments) Next, try to draw on this scaled time-line the amount of years that Homo Sapien has been able to accurately measure temperature. Hell, draw on there how long Homo Sapien has even existed at all ! You wouldnt even be able to discern the mark on the time-line given the scope it it all. And now that this bipedal Hominid has evolved enough to put that opposing thumb to use beyond clubbing each other with a bone, and invents a few toys that allow it to accurately observe its surroundings, this primate is gonna conclude as fact what the geo-climate will be doing next. This thread is like two fleas on a dogs back arguing where the dog is gonna go piss next. LOL

Mankind really thinks its has it all figured out. Ole George summed it all up so well:

https://youtu.be/BB0aFPXr4n4
The Rock
12/31/2013 8:34am
Guess you guys are oblivious to the ice caps and glaciers melting and resulting increases in sea levels. Yep no climate change at all.

shitfaced-More proof that ignorance is bliss.
Racer92
12/31/2013 8:42am
The Rock wrote:
Guess you guys are oblivious to the ice caps and glaciers melting and resulting increases in sea levels. Yep no climate change at all. shitfaced-More proof...
Guess you guys are oblivious to the ice caps and glaciers melting and resulting increases in sea levels. Yep no climate change at all.

shitfaced-More proof that ignorance is bliss.
Hey Einstein, did you not even read those links at the top?

Laughing
Shiftfaced
12/31/2013 10:03am
Shiftfaced wrote:
vet323 wrote:
What are you even talking about? YOU made a bogus claim that "Global Warming" had ceased to be a thing sometime in the mid '90s. I...
What are you even talking about?

YOU made a bogus claim that "Global Warming" had ceased to be a thing sometime in the mid '90s. I was merely pointing out how full of crap that statement was.

And for the record. Al Gore wasn't raising a question, he was raising money.
There has been a progression. In the mid-90's, when these questions were first raised, the opponents said "the Earth is NOT warming".

The evidence then proved otherwise.

Then the opponents said "it is cyclical, and has always gone on, and always will".

While that is true, the question is "What is man's actions doing to contribute to this, and is that something that we can mitigate"?

The science then figured out that post-Industrial Revolution, the warming (cycle) is off the charts.

Then the science learned that it is not just a simple warming trend, but wild weather patterns. Warming in some places, cooling in others. Droughts in some areas, unprecedented rains in others.

What is the current opponents position? On a cold day, say "Al Gore" and "Global Warming", and then act smug. Like Eric Cartman from South Park would do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ignore them, and move on.
Racer92
12/31/2013 10:27am
"Then the science learned that it is not just a simple warming trend, but wild weather patterns. Warming in some places, cooling in others. Droughts in some areas, unprecedented rains in others."

And this same trend has been going on for millions of years. Heck, BILLIONS of years. Who here can truly wrap their grey matter around a billion years? This blue marble is about 4.5 billion years old. Lush forests into deserts, complete continents under oceans and then dry again. North America covered by glaciers that scraped and scoured the surface creating valleys, plateaus, even the Great Lakes, plate tectonics that forced up the Rockies and Sierras, created the Ring of Fire, Galapagos and Hawaii, on and on and on.

I guess some ancient Brahman cow farts caused the Sahara to turn into a desert that it is today! Laughing

http://www.livescience.com/4180-sahara-desert-lush-populated.html

XXVoid MainXX
12/31/2013 11:10am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
Just a little factoid you guys like to omit: this rock we are all stuck on has been freezing over, thawing out, going thru jet stream...
Just a little factoid you guys like to omit: this rock we are all stuck on has been freezing over, thawing out, going thru jet stream changes, magnetic pole reversals, pummeled by meteors, areas that used to be lush forests turned to arid deserts looooong before Homo Sapien burned his first pile of styrofoam cups or invented R-12. If you were to draw a scaled time-line of the history of Earth, from when it was a swirling ball of gas and debris to present-day (also assuming you know what a time-line looks like, and your mind can grasp the enormity of how long this scaled time line would be when displayed in 1-year increments) Next, try to draw on this scaled time-line the amount of years that Homo Sapien has been able to accurately measure temperature. Hell, draw on there how long Homo Sapien has even existed at all ! You wouldnt even be able to discern the mark on the time-line given the scope it it all. And now that this bipedal Hominid has evolved enough to put that opposing thumb to use beyond clubbing each other with a bone, and invents a few toys that allow it to accurately observe its surroundings, this primate is gonna conclude as fact what the geo-climate will be doing next. This thread is like two fleas on a dogs back arguing where the dog is gonna go piss next. LOL

Mankind really thinks its has it all figured out. Ole George summed it all up so well:

https://youtu.be/BB0aFPXr4n4
Ah the good old days. Smile
Titan1
12/31/2013 11:43am
I have no doubt the climate is changing...it ALWAYS has...and it always will.

How much effect Humans are having on it is irrelevant...the earth is going to do what the earth is going to...we humans are just along for the ride. Maybe our actions speed up the change...maybe not...makes no difference to me...because even if we lived like frikkin deer and had ZERO pollution at all...the climate is still going to change, and if it changes enough, Humans will be wiped off the plane. Done deal.

But this much I do know...America handicapping and crippling our economy (expensive environmental regs) in the name of "climate change"...while the rest of the world does absolutely NOTHING...well, that is the definition of useless. So in my opinion, until the rest of the world gets on board with "clean energy" (which will never happen, because most of the world can't afford to do what it takes to clean up their environments...and NO America shouldn't pay for it), America should give up the fight...it's doing nothing to solve the problem, and is only putting us at an economical disadvantage globally (the environmental regs make it more expensive to do business here).

The right uses fear mongering about terrorists, and gays, and abortion, and brown people to manipulate their sheep.

The left uses fear mongering about climate change, guns, and religion to manipulate their sheep.
peelout
12/31/2013 12:05pm
this was a fuckin' awesome read btw

Post a reply to: Hey Al Gore

The Latest