Had to get a lawn mower

super rat
Posts
2177
Joined
3/22/2008
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:23am
Got one of these, because I'm not a lazy fat ass.



It's the little things like this that make me realize I'm better than most of you punters.
|
Joe 788
Posts
191
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/24/2008 6:38am
super rat wrote:
Got one of these, because I'm not a lazy fat ass. [img]http://www.composters.com/im/67/scotts_20_gs_classic_large.jpg[/img] It's the little things like this that make me realize I'm better than most...
Got one of these, because I'm not a lazy fat ass.



It's the little things like this that make me realize I'm better than most of you punters.
What the fuck would anyone want one of those for?

I have one of these:

Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
7/24/2008 6:39am
rat, I have a reel mower also, works way way better on my bermuda grass. Only problem is I wish it was heavier so the tires wouldnt drag at low speed mowing. In order to get the reel going you have to push faster and that causes a bit of bouncing and the finish product isnt as 'flat' as Im trying to achieve. The motorized reel mowers work perfect as they are heavy and keep a consistent keel at any speed, but they are big-bucks. So I just use the oldskool version.
KTM boy 137
Posts
762
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Brittlecreek, IL, USA
7/24/2008 6:44am
My buddy uses one of those too - he swears by it.
txmxer
Posts
9770
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Weatherford, TX, USA
7/24/2008 7:16am
weren't you complaining about not being able to grow grass? isn't this all you need...

The Shop

brainbasket
Posts
1531
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Ventura, CA, USA
7/24/2008 7:18am
Who's gonna push it?
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14213
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
7/24/2008 7:25am
Joe 788 wrote:
What the fuck would anyone want one of those for? I have one of these: [img]http://www.dotyonline.com/images/galleries/mexico06/04%20Tulum%2023.JPG[/img]
What the fuck would anyone want one of those for?

I have one of these:

Joe, dude get one of these. They won't steal your shit...They might eat it, but they won't steal it.
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14213
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
7/24/2008 7:26am
FreshTopEnd
Posts
13361
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
7/24/2008 7:27am
Is Rat related to RM250guy?
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
7/24/2008 7:27am


Why you bringing RC in to this?
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14213
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
7/24/2008 7:31am
Racer92 wrote:
[img]http://www.nwnyteam.org/Graphics/Boer%20goat.jpg[/img] Why you bringing RC in to this?


Why you bringing RC in to this?
Duh... It's a motor cross forum?

Somebody PShop a 4 on that bad boy, he's a freekin' stud!
Larry
Posts
5092
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Fayetteville, GA, USA
7/24/2008 8:13am
You can't even grow grass, how do you expect to operate a lawn mower.
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14213
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
7/24/2008 8:58am


Thanks Ruckus...
xewbx
Posts
717
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/24/2008 9:05am
Racer92 wrote:
rat, I have a reel mower also, works way way better on my bermuda grass. Only problem is I wish it was heavier so the tires...
rat, I have a reel mower also, works way way better on my bermuda grass. Only problem is I wish it was heavier so the tires wouldnt drag at low speed mowing. In order to get the reel going you have to push faster and that causes a bit of bouncing and the finish product isnt as 'flat' as Im trying to achieve. The motorized reel mowers work perfect as they are heavy and keep a consistent keel at any speed, but they are big-bucks. So I just use the oldskool version.
I had the same problem once upon a time when I still needed a lawn mower. Mine had metal wheels with soft rubber tires.......I just filled all the spaces with melted lead.

Fixed the entire dragging problem, but the sumbitch weighed a lot more.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
7/24/2008 9:16am
xewbx wrote:
I had the same problem once upon a time when I still needed a lawn mower. Mine had metal wheels with soft rubber tires.......I just filled...
I had the same problem once upon a time when I still needed a lawn mower. Mine had metal wheels with soft rubber tires.......I just filled all the spaces with melted lead.

Fixed the entire dragging problem, but the sumbitch weighed a lot more.
Good idea Ewb, Ive even thought about disengaging the wheel drive, and mounting a simple 110v electric motor on the thing to keep the reel at a constant RPM and then you could push slower and get a good result. Just never got around to it, sounded like a fun little shop project.
race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
7/24/2008 10:32am
Racer92 wrote:
Good idea Ewb, Ive even thought about disengaging the wheel drive, and mounting a simple 110v electric motor on the thing to keep the reel at...
Good idea Ewb, Ive even thought about disengaging the wheel drive, and mounting a simple 110v electric motor on the thing to keep the reel at a constant RPM and then you could push slower and get a good result. Just never got around to it, sounded like a fun little shop project.
Pick up some weights at a local garage sale - most people are practically giving them away - and add as much weight as you need.

Then market it as a super-hip, GREEN, Upper and Lower Body fitness machine. "The Mean Green Machine" - the next step beyond spinning classes.

I'll expect to see your infomercial going national, complete with Chuck Norris cheerfully demonstrating how easy it is to change the weights, within three weeks.

Let me know when my royalty checks are in the mail.

Joe 788
Posts
191
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/24/2008 10:44am
Racer92 wrote:
Good idea Ewb, Ive even thought about disengaging the wheel drive, and mounting a simple 110v electric motor on the thing to keep the reel at...
Good idea Ewb, Ive even thought about disengaging the wheel drive, and mounting a simple 110v electric motor on the thing to keep the reel at a constant RPM and then you could push slower and get a good result. Just never got around to it, sounded like a fun little shop project.
race wrote:
Pick up some weights at a local garage sale - most people are practically giving them away - and add as much weight as you need...
Pick up some weights at a local garage sale - most people are practically giving them away - and add as much weight as you need.

Then market it as a super-hip, GREEN, Upper and Lower Body fitness machine. "The Mean Green Machine" - the next step beyond spinning classes.

I'll expect to see your infomercial going national, complete with Chuck Norris cheerfully demonstrating how easy it is to change the weights, within three weeks.

Let me know when my royalty checks are in the mail.

Royalty checks? Thanks to your involvement with the development stage of the product, you'll be the second person listed on the lawsuit against Racer92 when some Rich Cain runs himself over with it........ "I had no idea this lawnmowing workout machine was dangerous. How was I supposed to know that something with sharp metal cutting blades would cut me up if I tried to shave my chest with it?"

Ozy
Posts
2279
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/24/2008 10:47am
Is Rat related to RM250guy?
I don't think they are related but I do think they went to the same fly casting classes.

Rat just seems to choose the same bait as RM250guy
Joe 788
Posts
191
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/24/2008 10:51am
Is Rat related to RM250guy?
Ozy wrote:
I don't think they are related but I do think they went to the same fly casting classes. Rat just seems to choose the same bait...
I don't think they are related but I do think they went to the same fly casting classes.

Rat just seems to choose the same bait as RM250guy
There's one HUGE difference though.

SuperRat is just kidding.

RM250GUY was dead serious about his stuff.
Ozy
Posts
2279
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
7/24/2008 11:12am
Is Rat related to RM250guy?
Ozy wrote:
I don't think they are related but I do think they went to the same fly casting classes. Rat just seems to choose the same bait...
I don't think they are related but I do think they went to the same fly casting classes.

Rat just seems to choose the same bait as RM250guy
Joe 788 wrote:
There's one HUGE difference though.

SuperRat is just kidding.

RM250GUY was dead serious about his stuff.
Was John serious? I thought he was just trying to get a reaction . . .
FreshTopEnd
Posts
13361
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
7/24/2008 11:16am
I'm not sure John could have been too serious if he was clever enough to come up with those covers. That was the best (maybe only good) part of his schtick.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
7/24/2008 11:22am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2008 12:19pm
Joe 788 wrote:
Royalty checks? Thanks to your involvement with the development stage of the product, you'll be the second person listed on the lawsuit against Racer92 when some...
Royalty checks? Thanks to your involvement with the development stage of the product, you'll be the second person listed on the lawsuit against Racer92 when some Rich Cain runs himself over with it........ "I had no idea this lawnmowing workout machine was dangerous. How was I supposed to know that something with sharp metal cutting blades would cut me up if I tried to shave my chest with it?"

I can mow a single-to-table without an engine !

race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
7/24/2008 11:25am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:46pm
Ozy wrote:
Was John serious? I thought he was just trying to get a reaction . . .
Oh, he was serious, especially when it concerned whatever his latest toy acquisition was .... right up to the point where he would get his ass handed to him.

Then it would quickly morph into " Hey, I was just effing with you guys. And you fell for it." with the required confirmation smileys strewn about.

FreshTopEnd
Posts
13361
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
7/24/2008 11:29am
In any event, he surely makes the crackpot hall of fame.
RNagy052
Posts
768
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Bryceville, FL, USA
7/24/2008 11:35am
I remember using one of those as a kid. I saw one at HomeDepot the other day and thought about getting one. I was thinking cutting 3 1/2 acres with one of those would be a good addition to my training program for MX.
race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
7/24/2008 11:40am
Not to poke fun at persons of girth, but that pic he used to use as his sig .... showing him jumping his RM .... bulging leathers about to burst ... always gave me a chuckle.

The image just seemed so incongruous.





WhipMeister
Posts
5282
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Big D, TX, USA
7/24/2008 11:52am
I got all of y'all beat:

FreshTopEnd
Posts
13361
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
7/24/2008 12:11pm
Dave will be a long shortly with a pic of Natalie "and her big fake cans" lawnmowing service.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
7/24/2008 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:46pm
Dave will be a long shortly with a pic of Natalie "and her big fake cans" lawnmowing service.


race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
7/24/2008 1:45pm
Stuntas!!!!

Post a reply to: Had to get a lawn mower

The Latest