Euro gun-thread

Sunhouse
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 10:46am
They are rare but here is mine. We have mandatory military service here, and I did my service 10 years ago. After that we are enrolled in the national guard until we're 44. This past week I had to go back to train and refresh some old skills. I didn't have time to take many pics, but I have a few of the toys at least. I also have a video or two from when we were test shooting the mg's to have the sights properly adjusted, but i'm not sure I can upload vids directly from my phone(?)

MG3 (not to be confused with the older mg42. They are operated the same way and damn powerfull! I had to carry this thing around for almost a year and loved using it except for in snow.)

AG3 (modified G3, our former standard issue assault rifle)

P80 (i have really small hands, but they are damn pretty, just like George's hands in Seinfeld)

HK416C (the new standard assault rifle, but a shorter version, I really liked the flashlight that was mounted on it)

|
IWreckALot
9/10/2014 7:30am
That HK looks sweet!!! It's cool to see the difference in styles from different places in the world.
newmann
9/10/2014 10:27am
Very cool, would love to run through a few thousand rounds with those guns! The P80 Glock goes back to the beginning of the Glock pistols doesn't it?
Sunhouse
9/10/2014 12:03pm
newmann wrote:
Very cool, would love to run through a few thousand rounds with those guns! The P80 Glock goes back to the beginning of the Glock pistols...
Very cool, would love to run through a few thousand rounds with those guns! The P80 Glock goes back to the beginning of the Glock pistols doesn't it?
It was delivered in 1985, the army version of the Glock 17 if im not mistaken. Im not much of a pistol man, but i love big caliber guns and mg's. Unfortunately we didn't have the FN Minime available this time.

Im not really sold on the NATO concept of 5,56, it's accurate, you can carry loads more ammo and so on, but for combat anywhere non-urban i'd still prefer 7,62. And it is sooo much more fun to shoot too. Shooting the HK was boring compared to shooting with the old, simple and butt ugly AG3 Smile

The Shop

racin mason
9/10/2014 3:52pm
anybody notice anything wrong in the glock photo????? You just flunked basic gun safety.
9/11/2014 1:40am
Cool man, sounds like you had an awesome day! Would like to see your vids too. Do you plan to keep on shooting Sunhouse? Also, slightly off topic (hopefully you don't mind me asking) what are your thoughts on the mandatory military service?
Sunhouse
9/11/2014 4:09am
Cool man, sounds like you had an awesome day! Would like to see your vids too. Do you plan to keep on shooting Sunhouse? Also, slightly...
Cool man, sounds like you had an awesome day! Would like to see your vids too. Do you plan to keep on shooting Sunhouse? Also, slightly off topic (hopefully you don't mind me asking) what are your thoughts on the mandatory military service?
It lasted a whole week, but we had one day where we were only shooting. It was fun to be back, even though it was just for a week Smile

Mandatory military service is a good thing in countries where there aren't that many people. We're only roughly 5 million people, so in order to have a decent military capability at home, we need a good portion of the men to be able to fight. Today fewer and fewer are being forced to do it. But many who have done it have liked it so much that they have continued their military career. They usually go to training for a few months in operational divisions, and then to afghanistan etc. I was going to do it but ended up at uni for six years instead. Maybe that is why I like going back once in a while, it gets boring sitting in an office day in and day out. Tongue

Another positive thing with mandatory military service is the way it raises young and spoiled 18-19year olds, and prepares them for adult life. They move out of home and constantly face new challenges outside of their comfort zones. Being yelled at by officers, nothing you do is right, you learn teamwork, and learn that you can overcome physical challenges you never thought you could. But for more populated countries I reckon it would be a waste to require this from people who aren't motivated, when they can have really good soldiers who want to be there in the first place Smile
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/11/2014 6:30am
Get your ammo out of the dirt man.
hvaughn88
9/11/2014 10:12am
anybody notice anything wrong in the glock photo????? You just flunked basic gun safety.
thumb over barrel?
9/11/2014 10:23am
Cool man, sounds like you had an awesome day! Would like to see your vids too. Do you plan to keep on shooting Sunhouse? Also, slightly...
Sunhouse wrote:
It lasted a whole week, but we had one day where we were only shooting. It was fun to be back, even though it was just...
It lasted a whole week, but we had one day where we were only shooting. It was fun to be back, even though it was just for a week Smile

Mandatory military service is a good thing in countries where there aren't that many people. We're only roughly 5 million people, so in order to have a decent military capability at home, we need a good portion of the men to be able to fight. Today fewer and fewer are being forced to do it. But many who have done it have liked it so much that they have continued their military career. They usually go to training for a few months in operational divisions, and then to afghanistan etc. I was going to do it but ended up at uni for six years instead. Maybe that is why I like going back once in a while, it gets boring sitting in an office day in and day out. Tongue

Another positive thing with mandatory military service is the way it raises young and spoiled 18-19year olds, and prepares them for adult life. They move out of home and constantly face new challenges outside of their comfort zones. Being yelled at by officers, nothing you do is right, you learn teamwork, and learn that you can overcome physical challenges you never thought you could. But for more populated countries I reckon it would be a waste to require this from people who aren't motivated, when they can have really good soldiers who want to be there in the first place Smile
Interesting stuff, cheers. It was mandatory here for a while after the 2nd World War and as a result my late uncle did it. From Iv'e been told he quite liked it and fitted in well - though in all honesty I'm not sure that I would've been much good at it . I can definitely see the benefits you're describing there though.
SEEMEFIRST
9/13/2014 1:49am
hvaughn88 wrote:
thumb over barrel?
Keeps the flies out.
SEEMEFIRST
9/13/2014 1:50am
Cool stuff, Sunhouse.
I'd definately like to give that MG3 a good warming up.
domoguchi
9/13/2014 3:13am
Nice line up of weaponry....would love to burn up a few thousand rounds on that MG3....fun stuff yo own and play with
Sunhouse
9/13/2014 4:19am
hvaughn88 wrote:
thumb over barrel?
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Keeps the flies out.
The weapon is not loaded. Empty barrel and no mag when the picture was taken, crybabies Kissing

The HK was a bit of a disappointment, it was too accurate, and not enough recoil. It was like riding a 4 stroke compared to the AG3. It´s better, but dull and a hassle to maintain. It kind of took the fun out of shooting
MXant15
Fantasy
729th
9/13/2014 10:46am
saw this at the range yesterday, looked quite fun to shoot. [img]http://www.caa-il.com/Filemanager/Productpics/RONI%20%20weaponsB(8).jpg[/img]
saw this at the range yesterday, looked quite fun to shoot.

I wish California wouldn't view this as a way to covert your pistol into a SBR. I would be all over it.

Post a reply to: Euro gun-thread

The Latest