End Game

crashnuke
Fat Thor Hilarious!!
|
Isaish305
4/28/2019 4:32pm
Just got out the theater. That was one of my favorite parts! Don't want to say to much for spoilers. But it was a good end the the story!
Crush
4/28/2019 8:43pm
Was good. Few plot holes though!

Also hilarious watching people's reaction in the cinema or online who don't know the comics or who haven't paid much attention to the MCU.
bf884
4/29/2019 4:05am
If your in this thread, its your fault when it come to any spoilers. Man that movie brought out every emotion. Great end to the first chapter of avengers. I went to see it Thursday night for the early showing. Nothing but hardcore fans in there. That atmosphere made the movie even better. Cheering and clapping and such. I would agree with some of the plot holes, however keep in mind the time line is now different. One particular character escaped, making me wonder if we will see he/she later. ?. Going forward I’m only interested in the sequels to graudians and Spider-Man. I can’t stand Brie Larson and her character isnt much better.
Crush
4/29/2019 4:49am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2019 6:22am
bf884 wrote:
If your in this thread, its your fault when it come to any spoilers. Man that movie brought out every emotion. Great end to the first...
If your in this thread, its your fault when it come to any spoilers. Man that movie brought out every emotion. Great end to the first chapter of avengers. I went to see it Thursday night for the early showing. Nothing but hardcore fans in there. That atmosphere made the movie even better. Cheering and clapping and such. I would agree with some of the plot holes, however keep in mind the time line is now different. One particular character escaped, making me wonder if we will see he/she later. ?. Going forward I’m only interested in the sequels to graudians and Spider-Man. I can’t stand Brie Larson and her character isnt much better.
Yeah see the plot holes are weird. It's hard to believe they'd be so good with so much and then so blatantly wrong with others unless it's deliberate. ie Loki. They did give themselves an out with the whole Professor Hulk / Ancient One dialogue... ie we put them back, it'll be like it never changed... but Loki's exit necessitates a different time replacement (and he doesn't give a fuck so seems to fit)... as does killing all of the black order from 2014 (necessary) or indeed any of Dr Strange, Infinity War etc.

So those could be deliberate but I can't see an explanation for Cap being old. We know Bucky had the serum, and from WW2 to now, didn't age, as per the comics it stops you ageing... Well that same timeline, Cap goes back, lives his life and comes back old? That seems like a genuine fuckup.

He should be either, 1) married, but a mid-30's widower – happy he got to have his life with Peggy but sad she's gone, which have been way more dramatic tbh – OR, 2) old, frail as fuck, not from age, but from never getting the serum and likely not the girl.

Situation 1) I'd have a hard time believing, knowing what he knew, he'd have been able to stand by in and just watch the world burn, just to hang out in Peggy's cupboard – especially since we know she was still in shield and he has been so adamant about never letting a bad situation go – and then situation 2, doesn't that negate the previous twenty-odd movies as per timeline fuckery?

It'll likely get explained by some vague interview from Feige.

Fuck there was some gold though, so much comic's easter eggs. Hail Hydra. Mjolner handing out worthiness left and right, Professor Hulk, Ronin, Is that all of them, big-thunder, and Captain Sam... pretty cool! And super ballsy to really wipe out three main characters and reset two others. Crikey.

The Shop

sende
Fantasy
4429th
5/8/2019 4:31am
Crush wrote:
Yeah see the plot holes are weird. It's hard to believe they'd be so good with so much and then so blatantly wrong with others unless...
Yeah see the plot holes are weird. It's hard to believe they'd be so good with so much and then so blatantly wrong with others unless it's deliberate. ie Loki. They did give themselves an out with the whole Professor Hulk / Ancient One dialogue... ie we put them back, it'll be like it never changed... but Loki's exit necessitates a different time replacement (and he doesn't give a fuck so seems to fit)... as does killing all of the black order from 2014 (necessary) or indeed any of Dr Strange, Infinity War etc.

So those could be deliberate but I can't see an explanation for Cap being old. We know Bucky had the serum, and from WW2 to now, didn't age, as per the comics it stops you ageing... Well that same timeline, Cap goes back, lives his life and comes back old? That seems like a genuine fuckup.

He should be either, 1) married, but a mid-30's widower – happy he got to have his life with Peggy but sad she's gone, which have been way more dramatic tbh – OR, 2) old, frail as fuck, not from age, but from never getting the serum and likely not the girl.

Situation 1) I'd have a hard time believing, knowing what he knew, he'd have been able to stand by in and just watch the world burn, just to hang out in Peggy's cupboard – especially since we know she was still in shield and he has been so adamant about never letting a bad situation go – and then situation 2, doesn't that negate the previous twenty-odd movies as per timeline fuckery?

It'll likely get explained by some vague interview from Feige.

Fuck there was some gold though, so much comic's easter eggs. Hail Hydra. Mjolner handing out worthiness left and right, Professor Hulk, Ronin, Is that all of them, big-thunder, and Captain Sam... pretty cool! And super ballsy to really wipe out three main characters and reset two others. Crikey.
Wasn't Bucky kept on cryo for the most of the time by the Russians? So in MCU they age I guess.
Sully
5/8/2019 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2019 5:07pm
sende wrote:
Wasn't Bucky kept on cryo for the most of the time by the Russians? So in MCU they age I guess.
It's been awhile since I've watched Winter Soldier, but I'm pretty sure he was. Also, in the comics, I'm pretty sure Bucky took over for Cap, and then Sam took over when Bucky was killed, so they got that one backwards.
Crush
5/10/2019 3:56am
sende wrote:
Sully wrote:
It's been awhile since I've watched Winter Soldier, but I'm pretty sure he was. Also, in the comics, I'm pretty sure Bucky took over for Cap...
It's been awhile since I've watched Winter Soldier, but I'm pretty sure he was. Also, in the comics, I'm pretty sure Bucky took over for Cap, and then Sam took over when Bucky was killed, so they got that one backwards.
Widow refers to him working throughout time in one of them and we also saw them kill Tony's parents... and they definitely don't age in the comics.

They've since had interviews come out saying Cap has split the time continuum and they're going multi-verse so I guess he had the serum reversed which did happen in the comics too.
TXDirt
7/9/2019 11:36am
Finally got to watch this in the theater Sunday with my two boys. I thought the movie was good but unnecessarily long. I do think Infinity War was a better movie. I'm not a big Marvel universe guy so I couldn't tell you shit about history, accuracy, characters or anything. I really enjoyed Infinity War. End Game was good but I guess I was expecting more. And maybe that's because Infinity War was just so damn awesome. Infinity War I would give 8/10 and End Game 7/10.

I am amazed at the production of these movies. The graphics are just mind blowing. So much detail. Truly incredible they can make stuff like this.

Post a reply to: End Game

The Latest