Dropbear season is here - beware

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2019 11:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2019 12:06 AM

To my Aussie friends. Please be careful, the dropbears have started coming into the city earlier this year. This one was out the front of my place today. I nearly walked under it, could have been a goner.
Photo

|

5/1/2019 12:21 AM

Wow I’d be buying a lotto ticket. Close call

|

5/1/2019 12:32 AM

Jrewing wrote:

Wow I’d be buying a lotto ticket. Close call

Yeah, terrifying. What if my kids found me shredded to pieces??

|

5/1/2019 1:10 AM

I live in the sticks on couple of acres and I haven’t seen one in 15 or so years sad got the right gums and all no dogs and still no drop bears .

|

5/1/2019 2:26 AM

Photo
|

5/1/2019 2:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2019 2:38 AM

Holy shit man, he looks pissed off. 100% he was eyeing you up for a classic drop. shocked

Great street smarts there bro. cool

|

5/1/2019 5:17 AM

I herd rumer them things fall slow so you can dodg'em ... just hairsay so I ain't for sure. Figure gravity werks weird down there with the toilets flushin up and everythin.

|

5/1/2019 5:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2019 5:36 AM

KMC440 wrote:

I herd rumer them things fall slow so you can dodg'em ... just hairsay so I ain't for sure. Figure gravity werks weird down there with the toilets flushin up and everythin.

Not sure if your taking the piss with Ameringlish there or is that like the rumored 34th amendment Freedom of spelling. But to the point the loos down here don’t flush up they flush counterclockwise smile

|

5/1/2019 7:48 AM

Terrifying little things. They look so cute , and then.....BAAAAAAMMMMM!

|

5/1/2019 7:56 AM

Found this on sale for only $29.95! Sounds like a small investment in ones safety.

Photo

|

5/1/2019 9:59 AM

Do they taste good when grilled?

|

5/1/2019 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2019 10:14 AM

Apparently climate change and the subsequent drought has resulted in a shortage of Quokkas, their natural prey. Now they have developed a taste for human flesh, we really must be on our guard. Remember “look left, look right, look UP”.

|

5/1/2019 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2019 10:13 AM

KMC440 wrote:

Deja New wrote:

Not sure if your taking the piss with Ameringlish there or is that like the rumored 34th amendment Freedom of spelling. But to the point the loos down here don’t flush up they flush counterclockwise smile

Not taking any piss anywhich way. Fact is that thing would be properly referred to as a marsupial thereby calling the season "dropbear" an insult to either bears(who can hold their own in trees) or marsupials(who despise being associated with the simpleton bears) dependant upon your ancestral lineage as a furry creature.
I say Good Day Sir. tongue

p.s. my "loo" goes counter as well. I'm a gravitational oddity so to speak.

|

5/1/2019 10:07 AM

Nighttrain wrote:

Do they taste good when grilled?

Unfortunately they are a protected species. Killing or harming them results in lengthy prison sentences.

|

5/1/2019 10:27 AM

Truth time here......are those thing's really that nasty? But have they been known to drop onto a person? I kind of have to laugh a bit at this , as I don't recall ever hearing about them actually attacking human's before. If they do?....Jesus Christ!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/1/2019 11:05 AM

newmann wrote:

Terrifying little things. They look so cute , and then.....BAAAAAAMMMMM!

Chucky all over again

|

5/1/2019 11:08 AM

"Similar to the jackalope"laughing

|

5/1/2019 11:15 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Truth time here......are those thing's really that nasty? But have they been known to drop onto a person? I kind of have to laugh a bit at this , as I don't recall ever hearing about them actually attacking human's before. If they do?....Jesus Christ!

It's the main reason this Texan has never been to Australia.

Photo

Photo

|

5/1/2019 8:15 PM

|

Go Hawks!

5/1/2019 9:52 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

|

5/1/2019 10:15 PM

Ben Townley had the nickname drop bear for a number of years after the aussies got him believing in them on his first trip as a junior,

|