Deadliest Catch

Torco1
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 8:55am
For those that watch the show dont forget that tonight is the night when things start to go bad for Capt Phil.
|
Jakes Dad
6/22/2010 5:59pm
I almost don't want to watch, been a big fan since season 1.
mx295
6/22/2010 6:02pm
It's on now

The Shop

Void Main
6/22/2010 8:56pm
Well, I originally said something stupid and had to edit my post so that's the reason for the clumsy question. Couldn't think of anything better to replace the stupid with.
ocscottie
6/22/2010 9:34pm
On a bit of a lighter note, the other day there was a "Cash Cab" Deadliest Catch episode, and one of the questions the Hilstrands got was, "what sport originated in Europe and came to the states was known as "scrambles"?" The answer of course was "motocross" and they got it right.
ocscottie
6/22/2010 10:11pm
The episode just finished out here...man thats some heavy shit. How they were looking through old pictures and everything just before Phil went down...Damn...got a little choked up near the end.

So...totally off topic but, if you had a choice to work on any of the boats, what boat would you choose?

I would have to say The Time Bandit, the Hilstrands are a riot and always having a good time, also doesnt hurt that they have a hot sauna on board the boat! Captain Johnathan is a fucking funny dude!

http://www.timebandit.tv/
danman
6/23/2010 7:59am
We watched it last night. The choice of music is really gut wrenching when you know what is looming.
Sucks for everyone that knew him.
6/23/2010 8:02am
I got pissed at the cable company and told them to shove it! I am missing all of the Deadliest Catch episodes! It sucks!

We are getting Satellite July 8th. WTF?
6/23/2010 10:30am
recorded and i'll watch tonight.
no, I would never work on those boats! I don't get seasick, but I've only been on minor deep sea fishing trips in the Gulf in calm weather. I could not imagine how insane that would be out there. Add in lack of sleep and the labor...holy sheit. no way.

when you look at the turnover of greenhorns, it's clearly for the rare breed of man.
CR250Rider
6/23/2010 11:04am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2010 11:06am
ocscottie wrote:
The episode just finished out here...man thats some heavy shit. How they were looking through old pictures and everything just before Phil went down...Damn...got a little...
The episode just finished out here...man thats some heavy shit. How they were looking through old pictures and everything just before Phil went down...Damn...got a little choked up near the end.

So...totally off topic but, if you had a choice to work on any of the boats, what boat would you choose?

I would have to say The Time Bandit, the Hilstrands are a riot and always having a good time, also doesnt hurt that they have a hot sauna on board the boat! Captain Johnathan is a fucking funny dude!

http://www.timebandit.tv/
time bandit? no way!

I'd work for captn Ahab anyday.

almost never have problems

highest gross per person

best boat design
MX479Guy
6/23/2010 11:46am
I'd work on the Northwestern. Sig is a no bullshit kinda guy, and he always put them on the crab. He also pays out more then the other boats too.
ocscottie
6/23/2010 3:03pm
Scott you wouldnt last 3 min with Sig, he would probably turn you away as you come walking down the dock. Cool
chadwik74
6/23/2010 3:35pm
Scott would be like that Caveman on the GIECO commercial with the Time Bandit boys!
MXR
6/23/2010 6:34pm
I crab fished on and off from 1989 to 1995 . The first boat and last boat I worked on were profiled on that show . The first boat I was on was the Farwest Leader and seen 60 foot seas in the worst storm in 14 years back in 1989 , they still talk about that storm today once in a while on after the catch . It was called black sunday , three boats sank that day , but no one died .

The last boat I worked on was the ERLA N in 1995 , It was an awesome boat with an awesome crew . It had a new owner and skipper when it was on the show a few years back . I last fished for snow crab back in 95 on the ERLA N and made $43,000 in 28 days . We doubled what the average boat did that season during the old school derby style fishing .

A close friend of mine was part owner and skipper of the F/V Pacesetter his name was Matt Pope and an ex motocrosser . His boat sank in Jan 1996 killing all seven aboard . I used to coach his kid Max Pope when he was racing the peewee 4-6 mod class and took 3rd at the Las Vegas world mini gp back in 1996 after his father was lost at sea .

I,d like to get back up there and do it again , but thankful I don't have to . It gets in your blood like MX . I work as a union pipefitter and a union boilermaker now at oil refineries , papermills ,and powerplants . I never complain about working 7 days a week 12 hours a day during a plant maintenance shutdown after fishing for crab in the Bering Sea .

dirthead1
6/24/2010 9:09am
MXR wrote:
I crab fished on and off from 1989 to 1995 . The first boat and last boat I worked on were profiled on that show...
I crab fished on and off from 1989 to 1995 . The first boat and last boat I worked on were profiled on that show . The first boat I was on was the Farwest Leader and seen 60 foot seas in the worst storm in 14 years back in 1989 , they still talk about that storm today once in a while on after the catch . It was called black sunday , three boats sank that day , but no one died .

The last boat I worked on was the ERLA N in 1995 , It was an awesome boat with an awesome crew . It had a new owner and skipper when it was on the show a few years back . I last fished for snow crab back in 95 on the ERLA N and made $43,000 in 28 days . We doubled what the average boat did that season during the old school derby style fishing .

A close friend of mine was part owner and skipper of the F/V Pacesetter his name was Matt Pope and an ex motocrosser . His boat sank in Jan 1996 killing all seven aboard . I used to coach his kid Max Pope when he was racing the peewee 4-6 mod class and took 3rd at the Las Vegas world mini gp back in 1996 after his father was lost at sea .

I,d like to get back up there and do it again , but thankful I don't have to . It gets in your blood like MX . I work as a union pipefitter and a union boilermaker now at oil refineries , papermills ,and powerplants . I never complain about working 7 days a week 12 hours a day during a plant maintenance shutdown after fishing for crab in the Bering Sea .

Wow! Great personal experience. Sweet International too.

Post a reply to: Deadliest Catch

The Latest