Bragging on my boy....

wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:46am





I know it is a shitty video but my son took 3rd out of 30 acts in his school's talent show. He is the one on the bass next to the judge's table. It is his drum kit but he has moved on to the bass and just started on lead guitar. I do not know the song or band he is covering but i love the little punk!!
|
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/6/2008 8:43pm
BTW, he is 12 so please be cool.
jonjon714
Posts
5916
Joined
4/29/2008
Location
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
6/6/2008 8:46pm
Awesome for a 12 year old!!! Great Job.

Three Day's Grace - Never Too Late
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/6/2008 8:56pm
jonjon714 wrote:
Awesome for a 12 year old!!! Great Job.

Three Day's Grace - Never Too Late
Thanks, I feel like I could sing it I have heard it so many times but I am an old fart!! The last time they were practicing they busted out the start of peace frog from the Doors, brought a tear to my eye. j/k.
Scotty
Posts
4139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/6/2008 9:48pm
Thats awesome. I was always scared to death to get up and do anything in front of a crowd..Good job!

The Shop

wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/7/2008 7:51am
Scotty wrote:
Thats awesome. I was always scared to death to get up and do anything in front of a crowd..Good job!
They sounded a lot tighter than that video. I am not sure where he gets its from, I have ZERO musical talent and he is great on the drums started the bass and lead about 4 months ago and sings. His hero is the dude from Foo Fighters Grohl? I listen to the Doors, Stones, Skynard, etc and he is playing that stuff too.
jay_547
Posts
640
Joined
4/7/2008
Location
Broken Arrow, OK, USA
6/7/2008 7:52am
cool.
mxgrl
Posts
36
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/7/2008 7:58am
Nice! Kid sounds great! He actually does sound quite a bit like Dave Grohl (his hero) too.

That's a BIG 13-year-old... he looks about 20 in that video; was it just the way it was shot?

You should be quite proud, Dad!
fcr
Posts
9348
Joined
12/1/2006
Location
Monkeys Eyebrow, YE
6/7/2008 9:06am
What's good is that they actually have meter. Most kids at that age drag or rush. Very good. Make my garage band days feel pretty bad. And Scotty getting up in front of people is awful but one of the biggest adrenaline rushes you can have.
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/7/2008 9:10am
mxgrl wrote:
Nice! Kid sounds great! He actually does sound quite a bit like Dave Grohl (his hero) too. That's a BIG 13-year-old... he looks about 20 in...
Nice! Kid sounds great! He actually does sound quite a bit like Dave Grohl (his hero) too.

That's a BIG 13-year-old... he looks about 20 in that video; was it just the way it was shot?

You should be quite proud, Dad!
My son is on the bass next to the judges table and he is 12, the singer is 13 and is HUGE for his age, my son is the 2nd tallest kid in his school and that kid towers over him.
Phlapjax
Posts
1139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/7/2008 12:01pm
Nice.

What part of yorkville you live in?
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/7/2008 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:12pm
Phlapjax wrote:
Nice.

What part of yorkville you live in?
Rt 71 & 126. About 1-2mi east of 126, you around here?
Phlapjax
Posts
1139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/7/2008 1:31pm
Farm Colony?

I live in Lakewood Creek.
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/7/2008 1:34pm
No shit, Fields of farm Colony.
Phlapjax
Posts
1139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/7/2008 5:51pm
How do you like the schools? We are looking at buying in River's edge and hear they are good but not as good as Oswego's.
wpcjs
Posts
956
Joined
1/11/2007
Location
Yorkville, IL, USA
6/7/2008 6:42pm
The schools are o.k. what grades are your kids? there is going to be some changes soon, the middle school next year will be a freshman only campus. I came from Oswego, HUGE taxes, I am in 4000 sq feet on over an acre and pay about $8100 in taxes, my old place in Oswego was 3000 sq on a postage stamp and was $ 8400.
Phlapjax
Posts
1139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/8/2008 1:24pm
Preschool. Starting school in '09.

Yeah my taxes are rediculous that is why I am looking at yorkville. I have nothing special, as you probably know, and I pay $5200 for taxes and $1700 for the SSA. The neighborhood I'm looking at is under that with double the sq ft'age.

Post a reply to: Bragging on my boy....

The Latest