A Load Off

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2018 4:59 PM

My oldest finally got a job. County court clerk, criminal records division. It's entry level but full time and benefits. She deals with the DA and all the lawyers, etc. She's smart as a whip, mean as a snake, and a good looking shit. This is a hugely poachable position so hoping so learns the ropes and moves to a staff position with a firm. Put that fancy (expensive) degree to work. It doesn't suck that my bank account has that leak fixedwink

I should also say that she loves the job. Busy as hell and she feels like what she's doing matters. If she screws up...an innocent person could be in trouble or a bad person could be free. Yes, my chest is a little puffed up...I don't mind taking credit for planting the seeds of right/wrong and ethics in her head. It was touch and go but the fruit looks good. My old buddy Jesus did did the heavy lifting so I can't take full credit.

That's it. Not huge in the whole scheme of things but massive on a personal level. Peace.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/31/2018 5:27 PM

Smart, mean and, good looking = going places!

|

8/31/2018 5:37 PM

Good job papa!!

|

8/31/2018 7:05 PM

Great accomplishment by the whole family it sounds like. Number one goal is accomplished by you by raising your kid right. Congratulations!

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

8/31/2018 7:36 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Great accomplishment by the whole family it sounds like. Number one goal is accomplished by you by raising your kid right. Congratulations!

Thanks fellers. You never know...especially with the first. To be painfully truthful...my wife deserves all the credit. I've always TRIED to be a good person/example...she IS a good person. If not for her....well, let's just say my life would not be worth a shit and the kids really lucked out.

That's enough of this soppy crap...how bout dem Bears?

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/31/2018 7:56 PM

Jesus did the heavy lifting. Nuff said.

|

8/31/2018 8:08 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Jesus did the heavy lifting. Nuff said.

The disgusting money grubbing mega preachers have made it difficult for an ordinary person to give credit to their faith and I don't blame people for rolling their eyes when someone does. All I can do is give props and then shut up about it.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/1/2018 7:20 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Jesus did the heavy lifting. Nuff said.

plowboy wrote:

The disgusting money grubbing mega preachers have made it difficult for an ordinary person to give credit to their faith and I don't blame people for rolling their eyes when someone does. All I can do is give props and then shut up about it.

Nothing new Plowboy you are just a modern day Publican.

Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee(mega preacher), and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

|

9/1/2018 7:31 AM

Nice, always good to see your kids succeed. Unlike the 38 year pot smoking gaming troll that lived in my basement, unemployed for 5 of the 10 years I’ve been with my honey. Not mine, thankfully.

Who is this Messican fella you speak of?

|

9/1/2018 8:11 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Jesus did the heavy lifting. Nuff said.

plowboy wrote:

The disgusting money grubbing mega preachers have made it difficult for an ordinary person to give credit to their faith and I don't blame people for rolling their eyes when someone does. All I can do is give props and then shut up about it.

Many congrats on your daughter getting her job! I’m sure it is a tremendous load off of everyone.

I personally do not go to church but I have nothing against anyone who does. I do say a prayer once in awhile. If nobody is listening and it makes me feel better then what the hell. If you want to thank Jesus for helping to guide you through life then you go right ahead. It’s your life, your beliefs. If it makes you feel good and helps you to lead a better life then I am happy for you

|

9/1/2018 8:35 AM

scooter5002 wrote:

Nice, always good to see your kids succeed. Unlike the 38 year pot smoking gaming troll that lived in my basement, unemployed for 5 of the 10 years I’ve been with my honey. Not mine, thankfully.

Who is this Messican fella you speak of?

Thanks man. Sorry about your deal.

That messican fellow you mentioned is funnier than you think (to me anyways). When I talk to him, I usually pronounce his name "Hey-zoos". Just a joke between us two.

And before I get labeled as a nut job...He's never answered me back. I just choose to believe he hears me. I just hand off the burden when it gets too much. Simple minded and stupid...maybe...but it works for me and I'm a big believer in sticking with what works.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/1/2018 8:36 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Jesus did the heavy lifting. Nuff said.

plowboy wrote:

The disgusting money grubbing mega preachers have made it difficult for an ordinary person to give credit to their faith and I don't blame people for rolling their eyes when someone does. All I can do is give props and then shut up about it.

KennyT wrote:

Many congrats on your daughter getting her job! I’m sure it is a tremendous load off of everyone.

I personally do not go to church but I have nothing against anyone who does. I do say a prayer once in awhile. If nobody is listening and it makes me feel better then what the hell. If you want to thank Jesus for helping to guide you through life then you go right ahead. It’s your life, your beliefs. If it makes you feel good and helps you to lead a better life then I am happy for you

Thanks and yep.wink

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius