2021 F1 World Championship

SEEMEFIRST
12/15/2021 4:28pm
"So we've decreased the weight of your tires, but went ahead and added the rolling weight back with covers so you can advertise at night".

Brilliant!
MO 23
12/15/2021 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/15/2021 4:51pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
"So we've decreased the weight of your tires, but went ahead and added the rolling weight back with covers so you can advertise at night".

Brilliant!
The wheel covers are there for aero reasons they reduce aero wake behind the car. they are not there for marketing, but they do look crap
The LEDs are just being trialed at this stage, they will not be on the cars next year
Stuntman949
12/16/2021 9:26am
Mercedes and Lewis to not attend the Gala

cLaSs AcT

The Shop

AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
12/16/2021 10:49am

cLaSs AcT
ASS ACT

fixed it for you^^
SEEMEFIRST
12/16/2021 12:43pm

cLaSs AcT
I think it's an F1 requirement for the top drivers to attend.
We'll see what they do if anything.
Crush
12/17/2021 5:07am
Stephon wrote:
Agreed. I'll also say the fact that Max had the most poles, wins and laps lead makes it a little easier to take. It'll be even...
Agreed.

I'll also say the fact that Max had the most poles, wins and laps lead makes it a little easier to take.

It'll be even more impressive, I think, if Hamilton can get the title back in 2022.
Yeah there does seem to be a lot of “yeah well this guy did this” or “he did that” in F1 from fans… I honestly don’t care who won more races etc, it was winner take all, who performs on the day.

And whilst I think Max is a dickhead, Lewis is a whiny bitch, so I have no preference at all as to who wins.

I just think in a winner take all situation, if you perform better the whole race and then the Marshall makes a call, then reneges it and effectively ends your hopes you’d be pissed and rightly so.

It’s just not how racing should be, regardless of who anyone cheers for. I’ve got a mate who is so biased for Max he insists there is nothing shady at all and he’s never done wrong, and honestly I’ve seen heaps of similarly biased fans in f1… but they’re missing the point that the integrity of racing is what makes it great. Not who wins.
Crush
12/17/2021 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2021 7:26pm
Stephon wrote:
Agreed. I'll also say the fact that Max had the most poles, wins and laps lead makes it a little easier to take. It'll be even...
Agreed.

I'll also say the fact that Max had the most poles, wins and laps lead makes it a little easier to take.

It'll be even more impressive, I think, if Hamilton can get the title back in 2022.
Crush wrote:
Yeah there does seem to be a lot of “yeah well this guy did this” or “he did that” in F1 from fans… I honestly don’t...
Yeah there does seem to be a lot of “yeah well this guy did this” or “he did that” in F1 from fans… I honestly don’t care who won more races etc, it was winner take all, who performs on the day.

And whilst I think Max is a dickhead, Lewis is a whiny bitch, so I have no preference at all as to who wins.

I just think in a winner take all situation, if you perform better the whole race and then the Marshall makes a call, then reneges it and effectively ends your hopes you’d be pissed and rightly so.

It’s just not how racing should be, regardless of who anyone cheers for. I’ve got a mate who is so biased for Max he insists there is nothing shady at all and he’s never done wrong, and honestly I’ve seen heaps of similarly biased fans in f1… but they’re missing the point that the integrity of racing is what makes it great. Not who wins.
To the 5 people who down-voted my post. Honestly – what's the objective input?

Are you just Max fans?

Do you like having a marshall change their mind and decide the outcome of a race and championship?

I don't understand how anyone could be ok with it, unless you're such a fan of Max that you don't care, but then you gotta know it can go the other way next time. Will it be ok then?
12/17/2021 9:44pm
Crush wrote:
To the 5 people who down-voted my post. Honestly – what's the objective input? Are you just Max fans? Do you like having a marshall change their...

Are you just Max fans?

Do you like having a marshall change their mind and decide the outcome of a race and championship?

I don't understand how anyone could be ok with it, unless you're such a fan of Max that you don't care, but then you gotta know it can go the other way next time. Will it be ok then?
Down votes on your post? You can’t be serious? I hope you can recover. LOL
12/18/2021 4:18am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2021 4:20am
Crush wrote:
To the 5 people who down-voted my post. Honestly – what's the objective input? Are you just Max fans? Do you like having a marshall change their...

Are you just Max fans?

if the rules would have been applied correctly , the outcome would have been the same

how come people dont see this ?

FIA messed up , if lapped cars would have been allowed to unlap at the time they announced they couldnt like it usually goes under SC ,all could have gone like it should .
lap after SC goes off and we have a final lap to race , like all teams agreed with to prefer instead of finishing under SC
Crush
12/18/2021 4:41am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2021 4:42am
1911 wrote:
Down votes on your post? You can’t be serious? I hope you can recover. LOL
Happens plenty… not fussed on it, but as I said, perplexed as to why people are ok with a judgement being made and reneged.

Even if it’s wrong, flipping it late leaves it decided with absolutely no chance to react for Mercedes. If they make a call and stick with it, Merc knows, pits and then it really is a shootout, best on the day, best on the last lap or so.

I really don’t care who wins, and I might be missing some F1 rules or regularities, but as a fan of any sport I just want consistency and proper application of rules. Assume everyone would!
APLMAN99
12/18/2021 6:07am
Crush wrote:

Are you just Max fans?

Mugeneco wrote:
[b]if the rules would have been applied correctly , the outcome would have been the same [/b] how come people dont see this ? FIA messed...
if the rules would have been applied correctly , the outcome would have been the same

how come people dont see this ?

FIA messed up , if lapped cars would have been allowed to unlap at the time they announced they couldnt like it usually goes under SC ,all could have gone like it should .
lap after SC goes off and we have a final lap to race , like all teams agreed with to prefer instead of finishing under SC
It would have taken an extra lap to unlap all of the other cars, so the race would have finished under caution and Hamilton would have won. Mercedes knew this and that affected their end of race strategy as well.

So the outcome definitely wouldn’t have been the same.
12/18/2021 6:36am
Without the safety car, Lewis wins that race by 10 plus seconds, waving to the crowd at half speed just like Carmichael used to do on his last lap of many National races. The race director should have made a complete farce and red flagged it after he put Verstappen right behind Lewis, let Hamilton put on softs and see who wins. 😁. I was surprised Lewis didn’t do a max and turn into Max when they were side by side on the last lap …it was his only chance at that point of a win, both cars would have been crashed/ damaged but maybe he could have continued.
12/29/2021 9:27pm
Checo's defense must have cost Hamilton a pit stop window come the end of the race, so excellent race and well done perez.
The current rules are the game and redbull was playing to the max. Hamilton was lobbying the stewards with his comaints as well.
I hope future championships are more clear cut but absolutely magnificent by verstappen and redbull for this years title chase!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/31/2021 7:11pm
On top of driving for Haas, Mick Schumacher is also going to be a reserve driver for Ferrari next year for 11 of the 23 scheduled races. The other reserve driver will be Giovinazzi.

Giovinazzi could also drive for Alfa Romeo and Haas if one of their drivers were to miss a race.
12/31/2021 9:40pm
Who is going to start the 2022 F1 thread?

Post a reply to: 2021 F1 World Championship

The Latest