The Start

str8ripin
Posts
34
Joined
6/9/2014
Location
Bloomington, IN, USA
Edited Date/Time 11/12/2014 10:20pm
I have recently just got back into MX racing. I have a Mint 2003 KX 250 and I was wondering what gear would be best to start in 1st or 2nd? I have minimal time on the bike. Any thoughts??
|
7/31/2014 7:11am
1st gear until you get used to the starts and then switch to starting in 2nd since it will keep you from having to shift & lose speed right as you go over the gate. Starts are something you have to practice to get the right feel on how to do it. See if your track will let you practice starts by just having someone hold the gate and dropping it for you. If not, just practice in an open field/lot you can ride on.
10/22/2014 4:27pm
Always start in 2nd. Practice makes perfect..
markit
Posts
2641
Joined
1/10/2013
Location
Bogalusa, LA, USA
10/22/2014 4:35pm
2nd no possibility hitting nutral.
Falcon
Posts
12602
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
10/24/2014 5:00pm
2nd for sure.

Post a reply to: The Start

The Latest