river bottom tracks in so cal?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2017 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 11:30 AM

anyone have any river bottom spots in the ventura area?
started to burn a track in but havent put many laps in recently.
i heard that santa clarita has a pretty epic one but the sherrif has been impounding bikes? idk if thats true tho
heres some video of piru.

does it just take time to get worn in or should i go out and do some shovel work to help get some burms going??
|

7/31/2017 11:30 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

anyone have any river bottom spots in the ventura area?
started to burn a track in but havent put many laps in recently.
i heard that santa clarita has a pretty epic one but the sherrif has been impounding bikes? idk if thats true tho
heres some video of piru.

does it just take time to get worn in or should i go out and do some shovel work to help get some burms going??

Thank god for mute

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/31/2017 11:31 AM

hey man those are the polysics lol

|

7/31/2017 11:42 AM

Dude you know Sean? Tell him Hammer said what up!

SCV did have an awesome and really rough sand track just under the freeway at Magic Mountain pkwy but it's a huge bust. I was lucky enough to ride it once back in 06. The only other sand and wash tracks I know of are out in the AV.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/31/2017 11:48 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

SCV did have an awesome and really rough sand track just under the freeway at Magic Mountain pkwy but it's a huge bust. I was lucky enough to ride it once back in 06. The only other sand and wash tracks I know of are out in the AV.

yeah he lives not too far from me.
welll i guess i have some work to do haha.
i hate driving far to ride.
it would be sick to get a good group of guys together to go burn in a track

|

7/31/2017 11:51 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

I've thought the same thing. I just don't want to have my bike impounded haha. You guys up for a Zaca trip soon?

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/31/2017 12:19 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I've thought the same thing. I just don't want to have my bike impounded haha. You guys up for a Zaca trip soon?

Last winter I was scoping some spots near Santa Clarita, it's a coin toss if you'd get in trouble or not. But I feel like there's some spots noone would ever know you are there.

I hear some guys planning on riding Zaca this weekend if anyone is interested?

|

7/31/2017 12:41 PM

well i good choice would be to get a beater for like 1200 bucks that you wont really care if it gets impounded, i would probly just ride my yz250 for that reason. i wouldnt wanna risk getting my ktm taken away. and im thinking about riding this weekend just not sure where, zaca would be sick, havent ridden in about two months since i cut my hands up

|

7/31/2017 1:13 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Last winter I was scoping some spots near Santa Clarita, it's a coin toss if you'd get in trouble or not. But I feel like there's some spots noone would ever know you are there.

I have a few buddies with a riding area near SCV up in the hills, but nothing in any washes. I'll door some looking around and maybe Langham will chime in soon with some more info.

If I can finally kick this food poisoning I'm up for it!

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

7/31/2017 2:04 PM

and if langham doesn't wanna burn out his secret spots he can feel free to PM whistling

|

7/31/2017 2:06 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I have a few buddies with a riding area near SCV up in the hills, but nothing in any washes. I'll door some looking around and maybe Langham will chime in soon with some more info.

hey PM me more info on the hills spot, id love to find a spot also to build some lips for hill jumps, seeing how wyvern seems to be kapootz in recent days

|

7/31/2017 2:14 PM

Arnold Beach in Oxnard use to be a great sand track with no jumps.

|

7/31/2017 2:24 PM

gabrielito wrote:

Arnolds. Used to go there all the time in the 70s and early 80s. Arnolds and ventura river bed were good prat ice for Indian Dunes.
I'm surprised to see anyone on a bike anywhere in the Santa Clarita river bed anymore. It's practically an act of terrorism anymore.

|

7/31/2017 2:27 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

hey PM me more info on the hills spot, id love to find a spot also to build some lips for hill jumps, seeing how wyvern seems to be kapootz in recent days

i'll get some info and send it your way

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

7/31/2017 3:08 PM

Some people have been riding off crooked palm road after it crosses under hwy 33. I see the tire tracks when I ride my road bike on the bike path up to ojai.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

7/31/2017 3:29 PM

there we go now were rockin!!! ive gone up cisar road a few times, its quite a ways of just access roads tho. problem is once you get to where you could cut in a track, youve already burned throo 1/4 tank

|

7/31/2017 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 3:31 PM

gabrielito wrote:

SCR wrote:

Arnolds. Used to go there all the time in the 70s and early 80s. Arnolds and ventura river bed were good prat ice for Indian Dunes.
I'm surprised to see anyone on a bike anywhere in the Santa Clarita river bed anymore. It's practically an act of terrorism anymore.

are you talking about the dune sanctuary? im sure theyd shoot you nowadays lol. also theres a spot just south of la conchita but its very small, it would be sick if you could get to an empty beach thats not accessible by road

|

7/31/2017 5:17 PM

There is a mega bitchen sand wash track at my grandpa's ranch in Acton, but he only lets family ride on his property. There used to be a spot by 1000 trails (next door to my grandpa's ranch) that we'd all ride, but not sure if it's a bust or not nowadays though.

|

7/31/2017 5:59 PM

There's a little spot by the Ventura harbor. I've been riding there a hand full of times, and never been busted. Not sure how it is now been about a year since I've been there.

|

7/31/2017 8:15 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Me and a few buddies will be driving down Saturday from Nor Cal, should be good as always

|

7/31/2017 10:25 PM

does anyone know anyhting about the old hondaland in simi?? i heard its still there, but then some people have said theres buildings there now

|

7/31/2017 11:47 PM

BobPA wrote:

Thank god for mute

X 2. I didn't know the Chipmunks were still together

|

8/1/2017 6:57 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

does anyone know anyhting about the old hondaland in simi?? i heard its still there, but then some people have said theres buildings there now

One photo looks like it's no longer there, and another looks operational. Might just have to go scout it out.

|

8/1/2017 7:50 AM

gabrielito wrote:

SCR wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

are you talking about the dune sanctuary? im sure theyd shoot you nowadays lol. also theres a spot just south of la conchita but its very small, it would be sick if you could get to an empty beach thats not accessible by road

No. Indian Dunes the famous motocross park that was actually in the Santa Clarita river up by magic mountain.

|

8/1/2017 8:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2017 8:11 AM

SCR wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:

SCR wrote:

No. Indian Dunes the famous motocross park that was actually in the Santa Clarita river up by magic mountain.

if you re read what he said, youl see that he said arnold beach is great practice for indian dunes. i know where indian dunes was. you turned in at that stop light thats in the middle of nowhere on the 126 just before SC. i said dune sanctuary because along the beach between ventura and oxnard theres a protected dune area that looks like the beach section in crustys 3 brazil, and my dad said they used to ride there until some fing sand squirrel had to be protected and now its like a huge deal if you even walk in there theyl literally jail you

|

8/1/2017 8:41 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

RBernardi85 wrote:

One photo looks like it's no longer there, and another looks operational. Might just have to go scout it out.

Honda Land. RIP. Rode there many times in the 80's. Always went when the supercross or Nat schedule was back east on the weekends. Pretty much taken over by a sprawling Simi Valley. Only a memory now

|

8/1/2017 8:53 AM

It's still undeveloped, but no longer the moto heaven it once was.Photo

|

8/1/2017 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2017 9:07 AM

Anyone around these parts have access to a Tractor ? If you do I can get you access to this. In Ventura County.
Yes I'm serious. PM me.

Photo

Photo

Ohh and 3 wells on the property. 40 Acres

|

8/1/2017 9:37 AM

PMing you

|

8/1/2017 9:50 AM

Hallzilla wrote:

Anyone around these parts have access to a Tractor ? If you do I can get you access to this. In Ventura County.
Yes I'm serious. PM me.

Photo

Photo

Ohh and 3 wells on the property. 40 Acres

Let's do it!! Not too expensive to rent a dozer lol

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F