podium i-views

dboivin
6/22/2013 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2013 11:11am
They need to limit the sponsor rattling....its so tough to watch them struggle to remember 38 sponsors....its probably the worst part of TV for MX. Soon as they go into the robot mode on the podium it just kills the awesome 35 min moto they just hammered out and how they are gonna explain what happened.

Thank your TEAM and family (and god if you like). All those logos on your jersey that are clearly in plain sight to us says the rest.
|
Bytor
6/22/2013 3:17pm
I couldn't agree more.
Vonripper450
6/22/2013 4:01pm
I have no problems with sponsor mention. They pay the bills which make it possible for us to watch the races every weekend.
dboivin
6/22/2013 4:38pm
I have no problems with sponsor mention. They pay the bills which make it possible for us to watch the races every weekend.
bleh. not looking at the big picture. it makes horrible tv. consumers are bombarded with their sponsors and it looks greedy.

you show me one sport ON TV where they rattle of a list of 20 sponsors? almost all thank their team, family etc...

watching blake rattle them off and then try to say something about the race was painful.

example: do i need to mention scott goggles when i have them wrapped around my head/neck with stickers on the lenses? do i need to say dunlop while i'm wearing the hat with their name on it?

looks and sounds unprofessional.

weege +1, fro +1, track +1, podiums -1
Vonripper450
6/22/2013 5:20pm
dboivin wrote:
bleh. not looking at the big picture. it makes horrible tv. consumers are bombarded with their sponsors and it looks greedy. you show me one sport...
bleh. not looking at the big picture. it makes horrible tv. consumers are bombarded with their sponsors and it looks greedy.

you show me one sport ON TV where they rattle of a list of 20 sponsors? almost all thank their team, family etc...

watching blake rattle them off and then try to say something about the race was painful.

example: do i need to mention scott goggles when i have them wrapped around my head/neck with stickers on the lenses? do i need to say dunlop while i'm wearing the hat with their name on it?

looks and sounds unprofessional.

weege +1, fro +1, track +1, podiums -1
The big picture. Are you kidding! The big picture is without sponsors we wouldn't be watching racing on cable. Sponsors are a fact of life in racing. All racing! And you know what? I like buying products from the people that support my passion. Blah blah blah!

The Shop

burnside
6/22/2013 5:35pm
I feel like its been getting better.. esp with the big 450 dogs - even Dunge has been laying off it.. Kenny & Marvin rarely break into the robot drone. Almost seems like the shyer guys, or the guys that are newer to the podium use it as a crutch cause they are nervous and don't know what to say. Bagget is the worst. ha.
dboivin
6/22/2013 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2013 5:51pm
burnside wrote:
I feel like its been getting better.. esp with the big 450 dogs - even Dunge has been laying off it.. Kenny & Marvin rarely break...
I feel like its been getting better.. esp with the big 450 dogs - even Dunge has been laying off it.. Kenny & Marvin rarely break into the robot drone. Almost seems like the shyer guys, or the guys that are newer to the podium use it as a crutch cause they are nervous and don't know what to say. Bagget is the worst. ha.
yeah i agree, someone got to them and most of them changed their podium interviews this year. pro-circuit team missed the memo i think.

vonrip: please, spare me. 99% of the fans don't even pay attention to the sponsors they are mentioning. the only people listening to that dribble IS the sponsors.

you really think fans are gonna go buy from parts unlimited because baggett said their name in an interview? its plasted everywhere.....on the track, the riders bikes and clothes........but they have to say it on t.v. to make it work eh?
6/22/2013 6:43pm
"I would like to thank American Airlines for giving us the opportunity to play in such an great arena, Nike for these awesome kicks I break ankles in, my Barber Skip for this fresh cut and what was the question again?" doesn't come out of players mouths after a basketball game.
Mxdnusa
6/22/2013 7:21pm
The podium speeches don't matter much to me. I understand they left everything on the track as well as it being a obligation of the job they are paid to perform. I notice MA800 doesn't have many sponsers to thank and also notice his goggles have his team branding. Does he have a goggle sponsor ?
HuskyEd
6/22/2013 8:25pm
Mxdnusa wrote:
The podium speeches don't matter much to me. I understand they left everything on the track as well as it being a obligation of the job...
The podium speeches don't matter much to me. I understand they left everything on the track as well as it being a obligation of the job they are paid to perform. I notice MA800 doesn't have many sponsers to thank and also notice his goggles have his team branding. Does he have a goggle sponsor ?
I notice MA800 doesn't have many sponsers to thank and also notice his goggles have his team branding. Does he have a goggle sponsor ?

EKS Brand
RobKacp
6/23/2013 5:40am
I thought the opposite, at least this week. For the most part it seemed like the sponsor naming was pretty limited. I really appreciated the interviews beyond the top 3 as well. Good to hear from some new faces. Filthy Phil, Malcolm, etc.
DirtRoadmx47
Fantasy
1728th
6/23/2013 9:29am
I'd like to thank Yamndazukikawthorpartslimitedamsoilscottoakleyspyflyngkrenthaltldshoeibelldunstonebridglop and my girlfriends uncles older sister jethro.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/23/2013 9:49am
It's hard to watch. Wrap you goggles around your neck, wear the hat of your main sponsor, hold your fav energy drink and give an honest interview of what just went down. I would think the robotic sponsor rambling does not sell one bit of product
fanger
6/23/2013 10:17am
i swear you people just complain for the sake of it, if a company sponsors a rider, they deserve to get a mention because the rider probably wouldn't be there without the sponsors. not to mention sponsors would look for that quality in a rider, because i sure wouldn't sponsor anybody who didn't mention or thank me on the podium.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
6/23/2013 10:24am
fanger wrote:
i swear you people just complain for the sake of it, if a company sponsors a rider, they deserve to get a mention because the rider...
i swear you people just complain for the sake of it, if a company sponsors a rider, they deserve to get a mention because the rider probably wouldn't be there without the sponsors. not to mention sponsors would look for that quality in a rider, because i sure wouldn't sponsor anybody who didn't mention or thank me on the podium.
Not only do they deserve a mention, usually in the contract it is stated that they must mention certain said sponsors during tv interviews. People on here can bitch and moan all the they want, but the rider is following said contract.
burnside
6/23/2013 11:52am
Jarid332 wrote:
Not only do they deserve a mention, usually in the contract it is stated that they must mention certain said sponsors during tv interviews. People on...
Not only do they deserve a mention, usually in the contract it is stated that they must mention certain said sponsors during tv interviews. People on here can bitch and moan all the they want, but the rider is following said contract.
I suspect, and this is a presumption just like your comment on contracts (have you read any?), that riders have been told to lay off of this shit, be themselves and answer simple questions coherently. If Dungey's stopped doing it, you know somethings up...

How could being name dropped in an insincere, muddled, sponser name drop ever been deemed as good effective marketing?

I'm really hoping its being phased out.....!
dboivin
6/23/2013 11:53am
fanger wrote:
i swear you people just complain for the sake of it, if a company sponsors a rider, they deserve to get a mention because the rider...
Jarid332 wrote:
Not only do they deserve a mention, usually in the contract it is stated that they must mention certain said sponsors during tv interviews. People on...
thanks for listing the exact problem. Hopefully DC squashes that bs and makes them limit it to team, family, etc...

a riders personal sponsor dictating that a rider has to thank them during podium interviews is exactly why it seems so bush league.

I think its funny that some of you think the rider owes the sponsors that speech....lol. I guess the ads, stickers, hats and shit the guy has plastered all over him and around the track isn't enough.

3 sponsors are easy to fit into your answer........28 of them is not and makes the interview bad.
fanger
6/23/2013 8:17pm
fanger wrote:
Jarid332 wrote:
dboivin wrote:
thanks for listing the exact problem. Hopefully DC squashes that bs and makes them limit it to team, family, etc... a riders personal sponsor dictating that...
thanks for listing the exact problem. Hopefully DC squashes that bs and makes them limit it to team, family, etc...

a riders personal sponsor dictating that a rider has to thank them during podium interviews is exactly why it seems so bush league.

I think its funny that some of you think the rider owes the sponsors that speech....lol. I guess the ads, stickers, hats and shit the guy has plastered all over him and around the track isn't enough.

3 sponsors are easy to fit into your answer........28 of them is not and makes the interview bad.
okay then lets not have the riders name sponsors and lose them, then struggle race and listen to you complain about the series not paying enough money to privateers and the lack of company's willing to sponsor riders. Shave the neck beard, get out of mum's basement, get some sunlight and live in the real world.
willie838
6/23/2013 10:47pm
dboivin wrote:
They need to limit the sponsor rattling....its so tough to watch them struggle to remember 38 sponsors....its probably the worst part of TV for MX. Soon...
They need to limit the sponsor rattling....its so tough to watch them struggle to remember 38 sponsors....its probably the worst part of TV for MX. Soon as they go into the robot mode on the podium it just kills the awesome 35 min moto they just hammered out and how they are gonna explain what happened.

Thank your TEAM and family (and god if you like). All those logos on your jersey that are clearly in plain sight to us says the rest.
i really wish that they could just hold a banner behind the rider of his sponsors like the UFC does prefight, alas i believe that the series sold big sponsorship spots to the guy plastering the standard back wall of the winning interviews and that makes this idea an impossibility.

my mind shuts off when they rattle them off, anything of value was said before that point.
dboivin
6/23/2013 11:01pm
dboivin wrote:
They need to limit the sponsor rattling....its so tough to watch them struggle to remember 38 sponsors....its probably the worst part of TV for MX. Soon...

willie838 wrote:
i really wish that they could just hold a banner behind the rider of his sponsors like the UFC does prefight, alas i believe that the...
i really wish that they could just hold a banner behind the rider of his sponsors like the UFC does prefight, alas i believe that the series sold big sponsorship spots to the guy plastering the standard back wall of the winning interviews and that makes this idea an impossibility.

my mind shuts off when they rattle them off, anything of value was said before that point.
yeah i agree. gotta be a better solution.

fangor: I don't see dungey losing his sponsors or any of the others that don't do a complete list every time their on camera. mainly the pro-circuit guys lately. I think the rest realize how stupid it sounds. It's almost like a politician being asked about green energy but just randomly starts talking about healthcare instead. Do the interview, thank your team, your family and move on.

if you think blake bagget rattling off his list of sponsors looks good on tv...bah nevermind, its useless.

and nothing personal against blake, i know its his sponsors requiring it. hes probably my favorite rider and its sucks watching him do it every time.
fanger
6/23/2013 11:46pm
i understand where you are coming from, it bores the hell out of me as well, but they owe it to the sponsors. maybe they just need more time to thank everyone then talk about the race,
jndmx
6/24/2013 8:22am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2013 8:24am
It is in the contract that the rider signs with the sponsor.
Not all do it but most require a mention on the podium.
I remember reading an interview with Chad in TWMX where he said it cost him $5K for forgetting a sponsor on the podium.

Unless you can get the sponsors to remove the contractual requirement then I wouldn't expect to see this change...unless you think those guys should just give up getting paid so you can avoid being inconvenienced for 4 minutes of your day.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/24/2013 8:26am
fanger wrote:
Right. Start paying a rider to use your product or sponsor a team. Let's see how your tune changes then.

Bitching about sponsor mentions on the podium? #firstworldproblems
huck
6/24/2013 8:34am
I 'slow-motion-fast-foward' through all the podium interviews anyway....

(BTW, if a racer finishes in the top 3 he should be able to thank anybody he wants, as long as it fits in the time constraints, or not thank anybody, or tell everybody how it's all him, not the team that finished there.... He earned the right to have his 3 minutes...)
dboivin
6/24/2013 8:58am
fanger wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Right. Start paying a rider to use your product or sponsor a team. Let's see how your tune changes then. Bitching about sponsor mentions on the...
Right. Start paying a rider to use your product or sponsor a team. Let's see how your tune changes then.

Bitching about sponsor mentions on the podium? #firstworldproblems
hah. yes i am indeed nitpicking. Smile
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
6/24/2013 10:28am
The first thing out of the interviewers should be the following: "Congratulations on your _____ place ride, who would you like to thank for making this possible?". Then they should ask a follow up question in regards to the race. Simple fix.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
6/24/2013 11:11am
I will give $500 to the first rider who says " I would like to thank - insert girlfriends name- for the great stress relief on the way to the track today, it was just what I needed to get up on the podium"

Post a reply to: podium i-views

The Latest