helmets

mwatson138
3/13/2011 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:05pm
okay, so im sure this has been asked before, but im curious as of what your opinions are on helmets. Im not trying to spend 600 dollars on arai, but rather a middle of the road affordable helmet. any ideas or comments?
|
JCRF217
3/13/2011 7:26pm
mwatson138 wrote:
okay, so im sure this has been asked before, but im curious as of what your opinions are on helmets. Im not trying to spend 600...
okay, so im sure this has been asked before, but im curious as of what your opinions are on helmets. Im not trying to spend 600 dollars on arai, but rather a middle of the road affordable helmet. any ideas or comments?
FOX has a big price range on there helmets and the look sick bro. They are good quality and you can buy them anywhere. Another good one is one of the cheaper bell helmets for like $200.
mxb2
3/13/2011 7:26pm
You get what you pay for! How much is your head worth? Whats your budget, there are some great deals now 2010 helmets leftover!
mwatson138
3/13/2011 7:28pm
I am realllly interested in the bell helmets. ive been eyeing the moto 8's for a while now, but being a jobless teenager is tough on my budget haha. ive been watching the moto 8 color choices run out and have been looking into my other options.
mxb2
3/13/2011 7:31pm
mwatson138 wrote:
I am realllly interested in the bell helmets. ive been eyeing the moto 8's for a while now, but being a jobless teenager is tough on...
I am realllly interested in the bell helmets. ive been eyeing the moto 8's for a while now, but being a jobless teenager is tough on my budget haha. ive been watching the moto 8 color choices run out and have been looking into my other options.
check motorcycle closeouts they have moto 8 s, $199 all colors, manic, other editions, or extreme supply!

The Shop

CAJ
3/13/2011 7:33pm
M2R Revelation X3. A $330 dollar helmet that can be found on E-Bay for under 50 bucks. They typically run a size bigger than other helmets....

I use a M2R to just put around in the yard and a Thor Force for the track. You can also found some older "new" Thor's on E-Bay for a good price.
mwatson138
3/13/2011 7:33pm
i just checked there too! great prices just not too many sizes to chose from sadly!
mxb2
3/13/2011 7:35pm
bto sports has shoei s on sale, bob s cycle, motosport, motorcycle superstore,tre mx, mx south try those also.
mxb2
3/13/2011 7:42pm
keep us posted and let us know if you found anything, feed back is good, and ebay every now and then you can find a deal.
mwatson138
3/13/2011 7:47pm
im still trying to find a bell, im still a teenager that wants to match ofcourse! haha ive looked at some fox helmets, and troy lee. hopefully ill find a cheaper shoei somewhere!
mxb2
3/13/2011 7:49pm
whats ur budget and helmet size?
mxb2
3/13/2011 7:53pm
My bad ,check bell helmet.com, closeout sales, and as above dennis kirk.
mwatson138
3/13/2011 7:57pm
my price range is probably high 300, 400 maximum. medium size. thanks guys, really helping out.
TerryK
3/13/2011 7:57pm
My number one rule is to only buy a helmet that I can try on. A perfect fit is extremely important and you can't get a perfect fit if you can't try the helmet on. A perfect fitting helmet will feel almost too tight. With a bit of time it will break in and be just right. If it's too loose, whats the point of wearing it?
mx295
3/13/2011 8:02pm
mxb2
3/13/2011 8:03pm
TerryK wrote:
My number one rule is to only buy a helmet that I can try on. A perfect fit is extremely important and you can't get a...
My number one rule is to only buy a helmet that I can try on. A perfect fit is extremely important and you can't get a perfect fit if you can't try the helmet on. A perfect fitting helmet will feel almost too tight. With a bit of time it will break in and be just right. If it's too loose, whats the point of wearing it?
problem in this area TerryK , most dealers don t stock high end helmets in fear of not selling them! Most helmet size charts are pretty accurate, and like you said the helmet should be tight , as it will loosen a bit. Most upper end helmets have interchangeable cheek pads and helmet liners Shell sizes usually cover 2 sizes ie: sm ,md lg. xlxxl. and some even come with extra visors.
MB6
3/13/2011 8:04pm
I bought my 2010 Fly helmet for 60 bucks n had a gnarly crash the first day wearing it and im still alive so....must be good
TerryK
3/13/2011 8:11pm
mxb2 wrote:
problem in this area TerryK , most dealers don t stock high end helmets in fear of not selling them! Most helmet size charts are pretty...
problem in this area TerryK , most dealers don t stock high end helmets in fear of not selling them! Most helmet size charts are pretty accurate, and like you said the helmet should be tight , as it will loosen a bit. Most upper end helmets have interchangeable cheek pads and helmet liners Shell sizes usually cover 2 sizes ie: sm ,md lg. xlxxl. and some even come with extra visors.
That's not a problem. You simply go to the next dealer and buy from him. The dealer I buy from feels exactly the same way I do about this and he stocks many many helmets for just this reason. It's a medium sized shop in a medium sized city, yet he cares enough about his customers to make sure they get the right product.
Wandell
3/13/2011 8:18pm
Money is tight when trying to keep yourself and a kid in bikes and gear. I shop the closeout deals and try to buy a high end helmet at closeout prices. I don't have to have the latest paintjob.
mxb2
3/13/2011 8:21pm
mxb2 wrote:
problem in this area TerryK , most dealers don t stock high end helmets in fear of not selling them! Most helmet size charts are pretty...
TerryK wrote:
That's not a problem. You simply go to the next dealer and buy from him. The dealer I buy from feels exactly the same way I...
That's not a problem. You simply go to the next dealer and buy from him. The dealer I buy from feels exactly the same way I do about this and he stocks many many helmets for just this reason. It's a medium sized shop in a medium sized city, yet he cares enough about his customers to make sure they get the right product.
Wish it was that easy, these dealers only carry top quality helmets for street riders! And my head is worth it!
3/13/2011 8:30pm
Buy a Shoei or an Arai whichever fits you best. don't wear anything else unless you have a great life insurance policy naming me as your beneficiary !!!
mxb2
3/13/2011 8:34pm
mwatson138 wrote:
yeah, at this point im just trying to find a great helmet at a great price, im not trying to sacrifice safety, just trying to find...
yeah, at this point im just trying to find a great helmet at a great price, im not trying to sacrifice safety, just trying to find some deals. im thinking about this:

http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Dirt-Helmets-Troy-Lee-Designs/TROY…
Just make sure you can return it in case the fit is' nt good, some closeouts have a no return policy! Double check and call to make sure its in stock.
mxb2 wrote:
TerryK wrote:
That's not a problem. You simply go to the next dealer and buy from him. The dealer I buy from feels exactly the same way I...
whats funny is most small shops carry Arai or Shoei street lids but crapola in the Dirt Dept. most dirt riders are gonna bang their grape many more times them Street riders. and sometimes the ground is just as hard as the street. if your dealer doesn't carry good stuff go to one that does.
TerryK
mxb2 wrote:
Wish it was that easy, these dealers only carry top quality helmets for street riders! And my head is worth it!
It IS that easy.....if your head is worth it.
TerryK
3/13/2011 8:35pm
mxb2 wrote:
Just make sure you can return it in case the fit is' nt good, some closeouts have a no return policy! Double check and call to...
Just make sure you can return it in case the fit is' nt good, some closeouts have a no return policy! Double check and call to make sure its in stock.
Yet another reason not to buy a helmet mail order.
ocscottie
3/13/2011 8:36pm
I cant help but think of Jack in Easy Rider, "oh i got a helmet...."

Cool
mwatson138
3/13/2011 8:37pm
mwatson138 wrote:
yeah, at this point im just trying to find a great helmet at a great price, im not trying to sacrifice safety, just trying to find...
yeah, at this point im just trying to find a great helmet at a great price, im not trying to sacrifice safety, just trying to find some deals. im thinking about this:

http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Dirt-Helmets-Troy-Lee-Designs/TROY…
mxb2 wrote:
Just make sure you can return it in case the fit is' nt good, some closeouts have a no return policy! Double check and call to...
i checked the site, and they have a return policy but ill shoot them a call if i make a purchase from there.

Post a reply to: helmets

The Latest