Wow..

Motodave
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:09pm
The nationals are dangerous...So many top injures alot of them..do all the injuries taint the outdoor title???
|
rc4187
6/28/2009 5:02pm
Title of attrition. Last man in with best overall average of finishes. Not even close to the first national title being won with the "supposed" best out and won't be the last.

The Shop

oldx
6/28/2009 6:00pm
Taint is the area..................oh never mind.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2009 6:08pm
Back in the day, title were frequently won and lost on a mechanical, and smart riders rode within the limits of their equipment. Do all the titles earned via bad luck to competitors (engines blowing up, wheels exploding, frames breaking) mean any less to the riders who earned them?

No.

Now, it's not the bikes, but the human body that's the weakest link. Riders have to ride within a level that allows them to finish, whether it's at a certain max heart rate, and not exceeding the level of old injuries, or creating new ones.

Unfortunately, we don't come with bolt-on parts (though there can be some exceptions for that spotted in the pits), and riders have to ride within the limits of human performance.

Was Langston's title tainted when James Stewart dropped out of the series a couple years ago? I don't think so.
googs
6/28/2009 7:11pm
GEEZ you should post more often mate........

I understood every word and it all made sense.........Smile
bullpen58
6/28/2009 7:12pm
googs wrote:
GEEZ you should post more often mate........

I understood every word and it all made sense.........Smile
What's that gurgling sound coming from my computer?
6/28/2009 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:39am
I would agree with GuyB . Picture yourself holding that championship trophy and thinking it was handed to you. No way.

Talent doesn't always equal championships. There are many factors to being a champion. Including making the next race.
Wolfman
6/28/2009 7:55pm
I would agree with GuyB . Picture yourself holding that championship trophy and thinking it was handed to you. No way. Talent doesn't always equal championships...
I would agree with GuyB . Picture yourself holding that championship trophy and thinking it was handed to you. No way.

Talent doesn't always equal championships. There are many factors to being a champion. Including making the next race.
Right on. "B" knows his stuff.

Anyone who thinks a particular rider doesn't deserve to win, is just upset because their favorite rider didn't win.

Guy Cooper isn't in the mix, so I don't care who wins.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
6/28/2009 9:01pm
oldx wrote:
Taint is the area..................oh never mind.
Do go on, what is Taint?
rc4187
6/28/2009 9:07pm
calimxer91 wrote:
What does Taint mean?
rc4187 wrote:
make it less respectable
Void Main wrote:
That's not what I heard.
i was trying to keep it clean for the kids.
AJ
6/28/2009 9:21pm
GuyB wrote:
Back in the day, title were frequently won and lost on a mechanical, and smart riders rode within the limits of their equipment. Do all the...
Back in the day, title were frequently won and lost on a mechanical, and smart riders rode within the limits of their equipment. Do all the titles earned via bad luck to competitors (engines blowing up, wheels exploding, frames breaking) mean any less to the riders who earned them?

No.

Now, it's not the bikes, but the human body that's the weakest link. Riders have to ride within a level that allows them to finish, whether it's at a certain max heart rate, and not exceeding the level of old injuries, or creating new ones.

Unfortunately, we don't come with bolt-on parts (though there can be some exceptions for that spotted in the pits), and riders have to ride within the limits of human performance.

Was Langston's title tainted when James Stewart dropped out of the series a couple years ago? I don't think so.

wasnt it also langston that had the exploding wheel at the last round
that effectively let brown win the 125 title?

its been the nature of moto for as long as there' s been mx ?

andymoto
6/28/2009 9:36pm
RJs exploding wheel at last 250 National think in Colorado in fact; 1982. Lost him the title to Donnie Hansen.
BlockHead
6/28/2009 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2009 9:58pm
But that's different, because those guys were racing and not sidelined.
6/28/2009 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:39am
GuyB wrote:
Back in the day, title were frequently won and lost on a mechanical, and smart riders rode within the limits of their equipment. Do all the...

No.

Bingo....

riders don't even flat out anymore.

Bring back the 3-3 overall winners!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2009 11:35pm
BlockHead wrote:
But that's different, because those guys were racing and not sidelined.
Right.

Now that the bikes are more bulletproof than ever, what's the weakest link?

Post a reply to: Wow..

The Latest