Wireless Telemetry and Scoring ???

teggers
5/19/2018 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 12:07pm
I see most of the close ups have telemetry mounted to the top of the helmet. Behind the Video Camera. Is this required on all riders now? Like Scoring Transponder?

Does anyone know the brand? The app? How much? How are these frequencies assigned at the event?

BTW, are scoring transponders still rented/assigned per race, or do you own them and register your frequency?

Also, it seems that since they are wireless transmitters, they "could" be intercepted and hacked. Has this ever happened? Can you monitor them at a live event?
|
kb228
5/19/2018 4:59pm
What you saw were litpros. Theyre like $500. Id assume they use transponders just like any local race does.
teggers
5/19/2018 5:08pm
From their website:

LIVE Timing Requires kitting your bike or riding gear with an iPhone running the LITPro LIVE app

Are Pro Riders running iPhones and sending back live data? I know it records, but is there a special iPhone case mounted somewhere on the bike so they can be monitored in the pits during the race?
St Ann More
5/19/2018 5:14pm
teggers wrote:
From their website: [b]LIVE Timing Requires kitting your bike or riding gear with an iPhone running the LITPro LIVE app[/b] Are Pro Riders running iPhones and...
From their website:

LIVE Timing Requires kitting your bike or riding gear with an iPhone running the LITPro LIVE app

Are Pro Riders running iPhones and sending back live data? I know it records, but is there a special iPhone case mounted somewhere on the bike so they can be monitored in the pits during the race?
They're probably just doing a manual download at the end of the session?

MBR
5/19/2018 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2018 5:38pm
They have updated the app so you can use it with Apple Watch also and you don't have to mount the iPhone to bike. Best part of Litpro is their app that makes super easy to find the fastest lines and such. With LIVE feature you can hear you lap and segment times through ear buds and it really helps you get faster, guaranteed!

The Shop

Buckit
5/21/2018 12:07pm
teggers wrote:
From their website: [b]LIVE Timing Requires kitting your bike or riding gear with an iPhone running the LITPro LIVE app[/b] Are Pro Riders running iPhones and...
From their website:

Post a reply to: Wireless Telemetry and Scoring ???

The Latest