What happened to Regan Duffy?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2021 2:53 PM

Been seeing a few posts on social media today regarding Duffy, but haven't quite found an answer on what happened. Was he injured?

|

10/18/2021 2:56 PM

He is in critical condition right now. Was involved in a first turn crash this past weekend.

|

10/18/2021 3:02 PM

moto532 wrote:

He is in critical condition right now. Was involved in a first turn crash this past weekend.

Damnit... sad

|

10/18/2021 3:12 PM

That's no good.... I had him as Australian MX1 champ next year.
Saw on instagram that he was run over apparently when he went down.

|

10/18/2021 3:12 PM

Damn, he was due to come to europe for 22.

GWS champ.

|

10/18/2021 3:18 PM

Doesn’t sound good sad

|

10/18/2021 3:20 PM

The only thing I have heard is a head injury and has been induced.

Pulling for him. Such a good kid and has great talent.

|

CR250 07
KTM 200 2016 EXC (XCW)
KTM 150 2018 EXC (XCW)
Husqvarna TE150 2019
Husqvarna TC125 2019
KX85 Supermini 2014
YCF 125 Bigy 2018

10/18/2021 5:15 PM

ML512 wrote:

Been seeing a few posts on social media today regarding Duffy, but haven't quite found an answer on what happened. Was he ...more

He got tangled up in a second turn crash off the start and was hit by another rider. He has severe chest injuries and brain damage but no word on the severity of the brain trauma.
He underwent surgery Sun evening and will go under again today for the chest injures and hopefully close him up as the swelling around the chest was to severe to close him after the initial surgery.
They are going to also try and wake him up tonight.
My thoughts go out to his family and friends as, according to his mums FB post earlier, he's fighting for his life!

Matt

|

Just an old ex racer who wasnt as fast or as cool as he thought he was!!!

10/18/2021 5:15 PM

Faark.. Sometimes this sport just really fucken sucks!!
All my positive vibes are sent his way

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

10/18/2021 5:29 PM

Damn that sounds serious. Was really worried after seeing Lee Hogan's insta. Moto riders are tough AF so all fingers crossed 🤞 for him

|

10/18/2021 9:53 PM

Thoughts to family and friends. Tuff road ahead. Sounds very bad for sure

|

10/18/2021 10:42 PM

Fuck that's not good. Positive vibes sent!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/19/2021 12:05 AM

I just saw this. My first initial response was the same....damn! Every positive vibe I have , I'm sending his way.
Please keep us posted on this.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/19/2021 12:08 AM

Really shit to hear about riders being injured like this. Power and strenght to Regan.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

10/19/2021 2:59 AM

This sucks so much. The sport is so cruel sometimes. He’s a generational talent in my opinion, and just about to get his shot at world championship racing. Thoughts with him, fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery

|

10/19/2021 5:21 AM

Is regan awake yet or what is happening

|

10/19/2021 6:34 AM

Pray he is OK.
Ive watched him race a few times now and is just has unbelievable speed.
Just hope he pulls through and makes a good recovery and can get back up to speed in the future.
Cheers,

|

10/19/2021 9:16 PM

Hi All,

As of this morning Aus time, he was still in a coma, again some info can be mixed up and that happens but this has come from the President of the track where Regan was hurt Sunday.
The whole industry is behind him and hopefully, hes got this!!

Matt

|

10/20/2021 6:32 AM

Sending my prayers <3.

|

10/22/2021 1:37 AM

any updates on regan? has he awoken from the coma?

|

10/22/2021 1:38 AM

mattdavison wrote:

Hi All,

As of this morning Aus time, he was still in a coma, again some info can be mixed up and that happens but this has ...more

any updates mate?

|

10/22/2021 5:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2021 5:03 AM

#PrayForRegan wrote:

any updates on regan? has he awoken from the coma?

These things time time man. A family member of mine endured a horrific brain injury last year, and for weeks there was so much back and forth of good news and bad news, in the end he turned out 80/90% okay but there were so many peaks and valleys of news with brain waves and responses that trying to keep up with it only causes family and friends unnecessary anguish.

The brain is an amazing thing, it’ll near on completely shut down while it repairs itself. Give him and his family time.

|

10/22/2021 3:33 PM

mattdavison wrote:

Hi All,

As of this morning Aus time, he was still in a coma, again some info can be mixed up and that happens but this has ...more

#PrayForRegan wrote:

any updates mate?

Hi Mate,

No I haven't heard anything over the last few days and to be honest, I've stopped asking some friends in the industry and even checking his family's social media, I didn't want to disrespect his family and friends to much and just give them all some privacy.
I do know a fellow racer and a young bloke who was in the actual race has put together some T shirts to raise some money for his recovery so he may know a little more.
If anyone is interested, the link is https://www.shoptheunderclass.com/ and its on the second page in but Im not sure if they post international.

Take care everyone

Matt

|

10/23/2021 10:44 PM

Damn, the whole deal has had a dark cloud hanging over me for the past week. I can only imagine what Regan's family and friends are going through. Strength, positive vibes and prayers from us folk in South Africa to Regan and his family.

Fight it Regan, you are going to pull this one off.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

10/24/2021 12:03 AM

Some positive news. Regan is out of the coma, awake and can recognise those around him and speak. A long way to go and not out of danger but it's a good start.

|

10/24/2021 12:54 AM

RG38 wrote:

Some positive news. Regan is out of the coma, awake and can recognise those around him and speak. A long way to go and not out ...more

Thank bloody goodness for that and thank you for posting the update!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/24/2021 1:04 AM

RG38 wrote:

Some positive news. Regan is out of the coma, awake and can recognise those around him and speak. A long way to go and not out ...more

Crush wrote:

Thank bloody goodness for that and thank you for posting the update!

That's awesome. Cheers for the update.

|

CR250 07
KTM 200 2016 EXC (XCW)
KTM 150 2018 EXC (XCW)
Husqvarna TE150 2019
Husqvarna TC125 2019
KX85 Supermini 2014
YCF 125 Bigy 2018

10/24/2021 1:10 AM

Absolute weapon! Gnarly injuries, praying for a full recovery.

|

10/24/2021 1:14 AM

I really hope that's legit information!!
Assuming that it is.. What a relief it is that he's even recovered that much!!

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

10/24/2021 1:26 AM

jemcee wrote:

I really hope that's legit information!!
Assuming that it is.. What a relief it is that he's even recovered that much!!

Info from Regan's fathers FB post today, I have known the family for many years. Still a long way to go, but a little good news at least.

|