The new 30 second board explained...

MERC
Posts
49
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Charlotte, NC, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 8:12pm
The most obvious change was the new L.E.D board...







View Full Size









Visit the site, and join the FB fan page.



*DISCLAIMER* - It's just a cartoon, don't get your panties in a bunch.



PS. I still type in motodrive to get here... HA!
|
1/9/2011 8:36pm
Hahaha nice!
500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
1/9/2011 8:41pm
looks to me like that new fangled board is messing with their priorities.
1/9/2011 8:46pm
The new board sucked on tv. I guess you have to be lined up to get the true benefit.
1/9/2011 9:37pm
I'm embarrassed for whoever's idea the new board was.

The Shop

TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
1/9/2011 9:40pm
Actually, it makes a lot of sense. One cant help but concentrate on numbers counting down, and in that situation I'm sure most riders will be literally staring at the board.

Great idea.
purpleNurple
Posts
912
Joined
1/29/2010
Location
Fort Stewart, GA, USA
1/9/2011 9:50pm
The thing needs to be black with lights not white...Couldn't see a damn thing on TV.
TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
1/9/2011 9:55pm
The thing needs to be black with lights not white...Couldn't see a damn thing on TV.
I really dont think they care much if the tv viewers can see the numbers.
1/9/2011 9:58pm
i was hoping that who ever got to the first corner the fastest got the girl holding the board haha
308
Posts
3307
Joined
10/18/2010
Location
Des Moines, IA, USA
1/9/2011 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2011 10:00pm
The thing needs to be black with lights not white...Couldn't see a damn thing on TV.
TerryK wrote:
I really dont think they care much if the tv viewers can see the numbers.
they should right? they say they're trying to make things (like lower digit #'s) easier for new fans to follow the sport. why not make the board visible for everyone..
jemcee
Posts
12865
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
1/9/2011 10:06pm
yeah i thought it was a good idea plus you could see one or two of the riders putting it in gear when the counter got down to 1-2 secs so gives them more idea of when it'll go sideways (nooo really?) but i bet they like it too which i guess is important
MERC
Posts
49
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Charlotte, NC, USA
1/9/2011 10:06pm
I think it's def. got some legitimate positives... there is a part of me that yearns for the days gone by, but progress, as they say, keeps on progressing.

I'm curious what the riders think of it. I just picked it out as the most glaring difference this year and came up with some funny ideas on why they implemented it.

Also, I'm blown away that after 5 years... I only have 18 posts.. wtf?
1/9/2011 10:15pm
Without the benefit of having seen any of A1 yet; I'll assume the new and improved digital 30 Second Board counts down to zero. Does this mean the new and improved 30 Second Girl has to stand in the middle of the starting straight, cold sweat trickling down her...(use your imaginations), waiting for the "0" to illuminate before making her mad dash to the safety of the sidelines? Clearly, she'd never make it. Perhaps there are now points for the Holeshot and points for cleaning-up the 30 Second Girl?
FlaNard
Posts
3620
Joined
10/13/2009
Location
Layton, UT, USA
1/9/2011 10:25pm
TerryK wrote:
Actually, it makes a lot of sense. One cant help but concentrate on numbers counting down, and in that situation I'm sure most riders will be...
Actually, it makes a lot of sense. One cant help but concentrate on numbers counting down, and in that situation I'm sure most riders will be literally staring at the board.

Great idea.
Its fucking dumb.
TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
1/9/2011 10:31pm
FlaNard wrote:
Its fucking dumb.
In your opinion.

Open you mind a little. If you understand the human brain, you'll know that those numbers counting down will draw the riders attention to the board which is a good thing. Full concentration by all the riders BEFORE the start will surely make for better starts and more importantly, safer starts.

Post a reply to: The new 30 second board explained...

The Latest