Seattle Supercross tips?

MX76er
4/4/2017 12:36pm
I am driving from B.C. Canada to come watch this epic season of supercross square off in Seattle. Being this is my supercross cherry I have never been to the venue and have no idea where to park, what seats I should buy for better viewing perspective...Etc

Anyone with any helpful tips on how to make the Seattle Supercross more about watching the racing and less headaches would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks and keep the rubber side down!
|
mx617
4/4/2017 1:49pm
Where are you driving from? We're heading down from Kamloops. My advice would be to NOT park at the stadium. Transit stops right there, we always bus it down. Saves time/hassle/potential DUI (cause the beer at the stadium is actually good!).

Usually step out between practice and night show for dinner at cowgirls. Though my wife is coming this year so that may not happen lol.
gabrielito
4/4/2017 1:51pm
There are several good legal cannabis shops south of the stadium.
muGz.147
Fantasy
1922nd
4/4/2017 1:57pm
I've gone twice...parked near the stadium in the parking garages...and have had relatively little trouble getting out of there. You're within walking distance of Pioneer Village and Pikes Market...little bit of a hike. Lots to see and do in that area. One of my favorite venues. Dress warm, and bring the aforementioned rain poncho...it gets chilly quick!!

The Shop

gabrielito
4/4/2017 2:18pm
Eat at one of the vendors outside. Food in the Clink is not very good.
mxpro252
4/4/2017 2:42pm
Rain gear, dress warm or have it handy, and get there early for multiple reasons including free parking south of the stadium. Might have to hike a bit but its better than forking over $30-40 to shave 10 min of walking.
MX76er
4/4/2017 5:20pm
Thanks for all the tips so far! Very helpful. Coming from Pitt Meadows, rained here 27 days in March! A rider good in all conditions is what makes a true champion!
Knarfious
4/4/2017 6:15pm
MX76er wrote:
Thanks for all the tips so far! Very helpful. Coming from Pitt Meadows, rained here 27 days in March! A rider good in all conditions is...
Thanks for all the tips so far! Very helpful. Coming from Pitt Meadows, rained here 27 days in March! A rider good in all conditions is what makes a true champion!
- Bring an empty monster can for free pit admission instead of dropping $20 something on pit passes. You can use 1 can per person.

- Bring a portable phone charger and phone charging cable if you plan on taking pictures or video as batteries tend to go down quickly throughout the day.

- Make sure you check with your carrier about international data roaming so you don't rack up hundreds of dollars in roaming charges (made that mistake going to Toronto last year)

- Arrive early and watch practice not just the night show. It's where some of the best action and crashes happen and usually the stadium is pretty dead at that time so you can roam around to different seats to get different and closer views of the track before moving to your assigned seats for the night show.
gabrielito
4/5/2017 7:12am
Make sure your seats are under the covered portion (on the sides).
4/5/2017 4:58pm
gabrielito wrote:
While I agree that you should grab food from the outside vendors (they're great), I guess you've never been to the stadium in STL. CenturyLink blows most other stadiums out of the water.
gabrielito
4/5/2017 5:16pm
gabrielito wrote:
While I agree that you should grab food from the outside vendors (they're great), I guess you've never been to the stadium in STL. CenturyLink blows...
While I agree that you should grab food from the outside vendors (they're great), I guess you've never been to the stadium in STL. CenturyLink blows most other stadiums out of the water.
You are right, I have never been to any other football stadiums. It has improved but has a ways to go still to match Safeco. Their stuff outside on that street between the stadiums is great. The Rasta hotdog guys are good, there's some decent burgers and tacos and at least at football games there's a real good Gyro guy. Pyramid, Jimmy's or Henry's are great if you want some beer and a real meal.
MX76er
4/5/2017 6:00pm
Haha this has turned into a good food discussion now that's funny. Starting to get pretty excited to see all these guys hauling the mail! Mud fest or not this will be a pivotal race in championship IMO.
tobz
4/5/2017 6:34pm
- get the holeshot

- blitz those whoops

- minimise mistakes

SuperX08
4/6/2017 7:27pm
We are also coming down from BC. Just discovered that you can no longer bring in backpacks. You may already be aware of this, but if not, check out the stadium website for all the details/restrictions. Since we go for the practices we were use to bringing in extra clothes, blankets, camera bags etc. Have to pack lighter now. Have fun it's an awesome venue! Wish the races still came to Vancouver though.
gabrielito
4/6/2017 7:31pm
SuperX08 wrote:
We are also coming down from BC. Just discovered that you can no longer bring in backpacks. You may already be aware of this, but if...
We are also coming down from BC. Just discovered that you can no longer bring in backpacks. You may already be aware of this, but if not, check out the stadium website for all the details/restrictions. Since we go for the practices we were use to bringing in extra clothes, blankets, camera bags etc. Have to pack lighter now. Have fun it's an awesome venue! Wish the races still came to Vancouver though.
You should be able to bring a clear bag with your stuff inside.

Post a reply to: Seattle Supercross tips?

The Latest