Riders Ages?

Hman144
Posts
2131
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
York, PA, USA
Fantasy
Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 8:09am
Watching the SX the other day and my daughter asked about the age of one of the guys. Got me to thinking that I really didn't know. I think it would be interesting to see a listing of the ages of the top, say, 5 or 10 in each class, plus a few extras thrown in for comparison.

Malcolm Stewart
Aaron Plessinger
Jeremy Martin
Martin Davalos
Tyler Bowers
RJ Hampshire
Gannon Audette

Cooper Webb
Joey Savatgy
Christian Craig
Zach Osborne
Colt Nicols
Mitch Oldenburg

Adam Cianciarulo

Ryan Dungey 26
Ken Roczen 21
Jason Anderson
Eli Tomac
Chad Reed 37
Marvin Musquin
Cole Seely
Justin Brayton
Trey Canard
Jake Wiemer

Davi Millsaps
James Stewart 31
Phil Nicoletti
Josh Grant
Weston Peick
Mike Alessi
Andrew Short
Justin Barcia
Nik Wey
Christophe Pourcel 27
Ryan Villopoto 27


These are all I had time to look up for now. Riders' ages seem oddly hard to find. If you know more, add them, and I'll go back and edit this post so that they're all listed in one place.
|
hoppsan
Posts
554
Joined
9/3/2009
Location
Stockholm, SE
4/20/2016 5:44am
James Stewart is 30 and Chad Reed is 34.
Olson
Posts
4605
Joined
4/14/2012
Location
SE
4/20/2016 5:51am
I've thought about this several times in the past. It's usually very hard finding a riders bio. Some list them on their personal sites. But it should be easier. A site like racerx is great with stats and all, but we need a complete pro class list with bio. Sometime I've found a bio at a sponsors page listing a different birth YEAR than the team page.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
4/20/2016 6:15am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 8:09am
I believe these are all accurate. At most, they are a year off.

Malcolm Stewart - 23
Aaron Plessinger - 20
Jeremy Martin - 23
Martin Davalos - 28
Tyler Bowers - 25
RJ Hampshire - 18
Gannon Audette -

Cooper Webb - 20
Joey Savatgy - 22
Christian Craig - 25
Zach Osborne - 27
Colt Nicols - 22
Mitch Oldenburg - 21???

Adam Cianciarulo - 19

Ryan Dungey 26
Ken Roczen 21
Jason Anderson - 23
Eli Tomac - 23
Chad Reed - 37
Marvin Musquin - 26
Cole Seely - ???
Justin Brayton - 31
Trey Canard - 25
Jake Wiemer - 28

Davi Millsaps - 28
James Stewart 31
Phil Nicoletti - 27
Josh Grant - 31
Weston Peick - 25
Mike Alessi - 27
Andrew Short - 33
Justin Barcia - 24
Nik Wey - 35
Christophe Pourcel 27
Ryan Villopoto 27
agn5009
Posts
6747
Joined
6/8/2012
Location
State College, PA, USA
4/20/2016 6:22am
I've never taken into consideration that Jmart and Roczen are the same age. And never thought grant was 31. I would have figured he was 27-28. Interesting.

The Shop

Rowlands
Posts
1706
Joined
2/4/2015
Location
GB
4/20/2016 6:29am
Audette-23
Seely - 26

Google search works for me.
DeStouwer
Posts
3762
Joined
2/17/2015
Location
BE
4/20/2016 6:37am
Reed is 34.
disbanded
Posts
6996
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
4/20/2016 7:00am
Biggest shocker there for me is that Zach Osborne is 27, and Dungey is 26.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
4/20/2016 7:33am
disbanded wrote:
Biggest shocker there for me is that Zach Osborne is 27, and Dungey is 26.
Osborne was surprising to me also. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Dungey was "getting up there" in age. Also, Musquin is the same age as Dungey although Musquin looks about 10 years younger. Ha.
Rdubs19
Posts
767
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
Little Rock, AR, USA
4/20/2016 7:42am
JMart should be 24 or very close to turning 24. I remember hearing them say he was 22 when he won outdoors in 2014
Rdubs19
Posts
767
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
Little Rock, AR, USA
4/20/2016 7:43am
disbanded wrote:
Biggest shocker there for me is that Zach Osborne is 27, and Dungey is 26.
Osborne spent 3 or 4 years in Europe I think. Probably why it's always kinda surprising.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
4/20/2016 8:09am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 8:11am
Rdubs19 wrote:
JMart should be 24 or very close to turning 24. I remember hearing them say he was 22 when he won outdoors in 2014
Here is his personal website. Looks like he turns 23 in less than a month. Unless that is inaccurate information. I updated my post above.

http://www.jmartmx.com/bio.asp

Birth Date: 5/11/1993

Some of the birthdates weren't readily available so I had to find an article that contained a date, and talked about age then do a little math.

Post a reply to: Riders Ages?

The Latest