Rider Classification

rrjr
Can someone explain how the AMA determines a riders classification.

I know it has to do with points scored during the year. Number of races divided by points scored or something like that.

What I don't understand is how there are riders who race the intermediate class in non AMA sanctioned races and then race in "C" class at races like Mammoth and Loretta's.

Doesn't the AMA take these non sanctioned races into account when determining a riders classification?
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/9/2016 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 7:55pm
Im not sure the AMA spends a lot of time looking for violators. I think the majority of the time they are "tipped off" to look into a situation of a rider racing B somewhere and stepping back down for other races.

But yeah, if a rider has ever ridden B class anywhere they are classified a B rider in the eyes of the AMA, if they know about it.

This has been going on for a long time and some people are still able to fly under the radar. I would imagine, with electronic results now, it makes it harder to get away with.

Also, since there are a lot of non-classification classes like schoolboy or open classes now, a rider can "hide" in these classes to avoid the B class scenario all together. Ive seen this done a lot and it is very obvious what they are doing. Almost like a loophole.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/9/2016 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 8:42pm
After hearing Ping talk about the 125 it really has me second guessing getting one. I think I like the bottom end power of the 4 stroke too much. Ugh, hate to say it but I think it's true.

*Note- this was posted in the wrong thread! Please delete.
BAMX
8/9/2016 8:20pm
After hearing Ping talk about the 125 it really has me second guessing getting one. I think I like the bottom end power of the 4...
After hearing Ping talk about the 125 it really has me second guessing getting one. I think I like the bottom end power of the 4 stroke too much. Ugh, hate to say it but I think it's true.

Give the 150 a try. I rode the KTM 125 and 150 back to back a couple of years ago and I really thought that the 150 was a lot better on bottom end. You can't grunt it but, it doesn't fall flat as much.
rrjr
8/9/2016 8:24pm
After hearing Ping talk about the 125 it really has me second guessing getting one. I think I like the bottom end power of the 4...

Not sure what this has to do with rider classification, but thanks for your insight on the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke battle.

The Shop

OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
8/9/2016 8:27pm
Joe what you need is a 350. You ride it like a 125 . You already get around good on your 250 though ? Why a 125
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/9/2016 8:41pm
Hahahha I have no idea how that made it into this thread! I thought I was writing in the one about that RacerX video Ping just put online. Hahahha sorry!
Braap19
8/10/2016 5:23am
rrjr wrote:
Can someone explain how the AMA determines a riders classification. I know it has to do with points scored during the year. Number of races divided...

I know it has to do with points scored during the year. Number of races divided by points scored or something like that.

What I don't understand is how there are riders who race the intermediate class in non AMA sanctioned races and then race in "C" class at races like Mammoth and Loretta's.

Doesn't the AMA take these non sanctioned races into account when determining a riders classification?
My experience leads me to think that you can race B in an outlaw or non sanctioned event and then go to an AMA race and drop a class for example, going from B to C class. It may not be the actual rule but that's what I've always been told and understood. I don't really see the problem with it because they're two separate races. You're racing against different people and a different series. Don't you you need to be compared to different riders at the track to decide how fast you are?
SIMX
8/10/2016 6:13am
rrjr wrote:
Can someone explain how the AMA determines a riders classification. I know it has to do with points scored during the year. Number of races divided...

Braap19 wrote:
My experience leads me to think that you can race B in an outlaw or non sanctioned event and then go to an AMA race and...
My experience leads me to think that you can race B in an outlaw or non sanctioned event and then go to an AMA race and drop a class for example, going from B to C class. It may not be the actual rule but that's what I've always been told and understood. I don't really see the problem with it because they're two separate races. You're racing against different people and a different series. Don't you you need to be compared to different riders at the track to decide how fast you are?
The problem is "you" as a rider have to decide what is it going to be a stick with it. If you want to be a "B" rider, run B class and stay there, no going back and forth. People jump to B get there ass waxed, and it's back to C.

If these so called "outlaw" tracks would take a few minutes after each race a send results to the AMA there wouldn't be a problem.
Braap19
8/10/2016 8:13am
SIMX wrote:
The problem is "you" as a rider have to decide what is it going to be a stick with it. If you want to be a...
The problem is "you" as a rider have to decide what is it going to be a stick with it. If you want to be a "B" rider, run B class and stay there, no going back and forth. People jump to B get there ass waxed, and it's back to C.

If these so called "outlaw" tracks would take a few minutes after each race a send results to the AMA there wouldn't be a problem.
My thoughts is that certain people who are mid to lower pack B or A class drop down so they can do better at bigger races.

Outlaw races or non Sanctioned are not affiliated with the AMA and shouldn't send race results to the AMA because they are not related, in my opinion. Run the class you fit into at the race you are at. who gives a shit if you raced A class at a local race and won if you're mid pack B rider speed at an AMA race.
rongi#401
8/10/2016 8:18am
start winning some c class races and try to go to LL and youl see how fast they look into you
8/10/2016 8:23am
Braap19 wrote:
My experience leads me to think that you can race B in an outlaw or non sanctioned event and then go to an AMA race and...
It is not an unwritten rule and there is no understanding. It is clear in the AMA rulebook that if you move up a class in AMA or non AMA competition you have to stay in that class.
Braap19
8/10/2016 8:52am
Braap19 wrote:
SlowOldGuy wrote:
It is not an unwritten rule and there is no understanding. It is clear in the AMA rulebook that if you move up a class in...
It is not an unwritten rule and there is no understanding. It is clear in the AMA rulebook that if you move up a class in AMA or non AMA competition you have to stay in that class.
How about everyone on this site stop being so fucking critical of everything I say. I said that's what I understand and had been told not that it was the fucking rule. Good god I am already done with this forum.

Post a reply to: Rider Classification

The Latest