PASTRANA DOUBLE FLIPS AGAIN

block75
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 1:01pm
Freestyle News
Travis Pastrana throws down FMX double back flip in Melbourne

Posted: Sunday, 6th June, 2010 : 2:32 PM - - 464 Reads

The world’s greatest action sports star, Travis Pastrana, performed the second FMX double back flip of his life last night at the Melbourne Nitro Circus Live show in front of a sold out crowd of almost 14,000 at the Rod Laver Arena.

Pastrana performed the trick after Melbourne’s Cam Sinclair challenged him to once successfully completing it himself. Pastrana had not attempted the most dangerous trick in action sports since it won him a X Games gold medal in the Biggest Trick competition in 2006.

The crowd was upstanding and erupted once he rode out of the two perfect rotations and Pastrana ran to the top of the lander to stand next to Sinclair where they embraced to show their respect for one another.

“Seeing as though you are the one who called me out you have to call my mum and tell her because I promised her I would never do this trick again,” said Pastrana at the end of the show.

Nitro Circus Live has its final show tonight after a hugely successful tour of Australia’s capital cities. For more information on Nitro Circus Live and information on future tours please visit www.nitrocircuslive.com

|
Ddavis
6/6/2010 12:14am
worthless without videos.

The Shop

DanDunes818
6/6/2010 12:19am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2010 12:23am
Absolutely perfect. I guess Travis says it's easy now and can throw variations too. I've seen both Cam do them and that guy from that Murray guy and there's always look sloppy. Travis does them so clean. Doing a trick is one thing but doing them and making them look easy is an art form.
Ddavis
6/6/2010 12:21am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:20pm
How about turning off caps lock off?

The only thing that annoys me about the live nitro circus show is that they make it seem like that's what they do when they film nitro circus. When in reality when the nitro circus guys hang out their all sitting around doing nothing, while Travis is off trying to find stuff to flip, and when he does he says "hey I'm about to do something stupid, film it!". Nothing's planned with filming nitro circus.
block75
6/6/2010 12:27am
its not about nitro circus or wat they do its about one of the hardest and most dangerous tricks in freestyle, and after not doin it for so long other than into a foam pit and jusk hucking it after being called out even if cam may have only bein joking, he did it that takes balls
FIREfish148
6/6/2010 12:29am
Impressive. TP is da man!! Hopefully he comes out and does a national it seems like the dude is working pretty hard.
teggers
6/6/2010 1:04am
Great Thread - Thanks Motodrive.
tobz
6/6/2010 2:55am
Pricks, We didn't get to see any double flipping like that. Adelaide get's shat on once again, i'd be surprised if they come back down south.
GIwasB4
6/6/2010 5:13am
He is just amazing. Folks whine about him never chasing MX/SX championships, what he has accomplished is so much more than our current and past champs. (that was not a dig on them)
WideOpen
6/6/2010 5:26am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2010 5:28am
GIwasB4 wrote:
He is just amazing. Folks whine about him never chasing MX/SX championships, what he has accomplished is so much more than our current and past champs...
He is just amazing. Folks whine about him never chasing MX/SX championships, what he has accomplished is so much more than our current and past champs. (that was not a dig on them)
You are 100% correct. When you look at the big picture Guys like Stewart and RC are privateers in the motocross world compared to Pastrana. Pastrana is close to Rossi status.
mx214
6/6/2010 6:02am
So let me get this str8... this Cam dude pulls one and calls Travis out, so Travis pulls one and gets all sorts of "legend" talk, but nobody acknowledges the fact that Cam pulled the double also????
GIwasB4
6/6/2010 6:30am
I don't believe the legend reference was for the back flip bet, it likely pertains to his entire career. Think about it.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
6/6/2010 9:08am
Ddavis wrote:
How about turning off caps lock off? The only thing that annoys me about the live nitro circus show is that they make it seem like...

The only thing that annoys me about the live nitro circus show is that they make it seem like that's what they do when they film nitro circus. When in reality when the nitro circus guys hang out their all sitting around doing nothing, while Travis is off trying to find stuff to flip, and when he does he says "hey I'm about to do something stupid, film it!". Nothing's planned with filming nitro circus.
Oh really? Did he tell you that?
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
6/6/2010 9:19am
mx214 wrote:
So let me get this str8... this Cam dude pulls one and calls Travis out, so Travis pulls one and gets all sorts of "legend" talk...
So let me get this str8... this Cam dude pulls one and calls Travis out, so Travis pulls one and gets all sorts of "legend" talk, but nobody acknowledges the fact that Cam pulled the double also????
Yeah but cams been practicing and was prepaired for it, TP just went out a did it first try.

TP is f*cking amazing. I hope he lands the TP7 at X this year, im pretty sure best trick is gonna be nutz this year.

So wait whose the other person to land the double? Construction gloves murray?
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
6/6/2010 10:41am
Ddavis wrote:
How about turning off caps lock off? The only thing that annoys me about the live nitro circus show is that they make it seem like...

If only you knew
Ddavis
6/6/2010 11:21am
Ddavis wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
If only you knew
When TP199 and the whole nitro circus crew stayed at the Red Bull Compound for a week before XGames when Jim Dechamp tried a frontflip I hung out with Travis for about a week straight, so yeah, i do know.
swizcore
6/6/2010 11:28am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2010 11:29am
Ddavis wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
If only you knew
Ddavis wrote:
When TP199 and the whole nitro circus crew stayed at the Red Bull Compound for a week before XGames when Jim Dechamp tried a frontflip I...
When TP199 and the whole nitro circus crew stayed at the Red Bull Compound for a week before XGames when Jim Dechamp tried a frontflip I hung out with Travis for about a week straight, so yeah, i do know.
You know about one week of one stay at one location.

I love how the announcer actually says "holy shit" into the mic when he lands it. You Aussies are a laid back fun group I say.
Matt414
6/6/2010 11:53am
Ddavis wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
If only you knew
Ddavis wrote:
When TP199 and the whole nitro circus crew stayed at the Red Bull Compound for a week before XGames when Jim Dechamp tried a frontflip I...
I'll step in and call bullshit on you. Renner would have a pretty good idea, and so would I. Just keep "what you know" to yourself when its worthless.
Bauer
6/6/2010 12:03pm
Ddavis wrote:

You're so full of shit you can't see straight. LOL!
DanDunes818
6/6/2010 12:28pm
mx214 wrote:
So let me get this str8... this Cam dude pulls one and calls Travis out, so Travis pulls one and gets all sorts of "legend" talk...
mxrider225 wrote:
Yeah but cams been practicing and was prepaired for it, TP just went out a did it first try. TP is f*cking amazing. I hope he...
Yeah but cams been practicing and was prepaired for it, TP just went out a did it first try.

TP is f*cking amazing. I hope he lands the TP7 at X this year, im pretty sure best trick is gonna be nutz this year.

So wait whose the other person to land the double? Construction gloves murray?
Yeah.. Murray has landed it a dozen times just never at X.. The guy lands it all the time at their little shows in Michigan but can't seem to get it done when there's millions of people watching.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
6/6/2010 1:03pm
Ddavis wrote:

Renner153 wrote:
If only you knew
Ddavis wrote:
I've seen plans for the show weeks before hey film it. Oh wait I lied there aren't any plansWhistling
Ddavis
6/6/2010 10:42pm
Ronnie im pretty sure I met you at red bull. With dechamp and gieger. I remember Travis would hit the ramps pinned and flip and you'd roll up to them and just blip off and do it.
Motodrew295
6/6/2010 11:00pm
devin is an internet MX board legend. lol

That guy is crazy, love to see him come out for a one off like Super X or the US open. OR better yet a round of nationals.

Post a reply to: PASTRANA DOUBLE FLIPS AGAIN

The Latest