Old Renthal bar pad cover

1/7/2020 6:07am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2021 9:55pm
Would anyone be able to help
I am
Looking for an old Renthal bar pad cover in blue with silver/grey letters it’s for a project
The letters on the old ones were straight, the new ones are italic and not period correct
It doesn’t have to be a cloth one just the blue with the straight letters
Any help in locating one would be appreciated
See image attached for reference
|
Zeke27G
1/7/2020 6:24am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 6:30am
I believe there is somebody overseas re-making the the earlier cloth version, but that appears to be the vinyl version that came around before the current version where the letters became Italic. Hopefully somebody will chime in with some better info.

With the amount of people restoring 90's bikes, you'd think Renthal would release some retro bar pads and handlebars?!

And, is it just me or are those handlebars bent?
1/7/2020 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 12:34pm
I have an NOS one.. brand new, never used I have had since about 2000.. still looks brand new and has been in a box the last 20 years. PM me.

The Shop

1/7/2020 12:56pm
They often use the old pics but sell the newer style.. they cant sell what Renthal hasn't made in well over a decade and a half or more, unless the rare possibility that have had old leftover stock sitting around for over a decade. I ran into this when I was looking for an old style black pad 2 years ago.
Zeke27G
1/7/2020 1:47pm
They often use the old pics but sell the newer style.. they cant sell what Renthal hasn't made in well over a decade and a half...
They often use the old pics but sell the newer style.. they cant sell what Renthal hasn't made in well over a decade and a half or more, unless the rare possibility that have had old leftover stock sitting around for over a decade. I ran into this when I was looking for an old style black pad 2 years ago.

Same happened to me when looking for a Pro-Circuit KX500 silencer with the earlier style end cap. Lots of websites using the earlier photo of the silencer, but selling the current (fugly) version.
Sunhouse
1/7/2020 5:28pm
I couldn´t find one online, but I have the old version but in white with blue letters. What are you restoring?
I have a 99 YZ125 to restore, but will probably go Pro Taper
1/8/2020 3:54am
Zeke27G wrote:
I believe there is somebody overseas re-making the the earlier cloth version, but that appears to be the vinyl version that came around before the current...
I believe there is somebody overseas re-making the the earlier cloth version, but that appears to be the vinyl version that came around before the current version where the letters became Italic. Hopefully somebody will chime in with some better info.

With the amount of people restoring 90's bikes, you'd think Renthal would release some retro bar pads and handlebars?!

And, is it just me or are those handlebars bent?
I think its an optical illusion the photo has been taken slightly angled and the high front brake master cylinder makes it look bent up
1/8/2020 3:56am
Sunhouse wrote:
I couldn´t find one online, but I have the old version but in white with blue letters. What are you restoring? I have a 99 YZ125...
I couldn´t find one online, but I have the old version but in white with blue letters. What are you restoring?
I have a 99 YZ125 to restore, but will probably go Pro Taper
the bike in the picture a Y2k husky Alessio Chiodi spec
and another 01 husky Stephen Sword spec
1/8/2020 7:41am
I still have one that I run on my current bike. It's nowhere near NOS though. Perhaps you have something we can trade? Feel free to send a PM. Pic is 2 years old but the cover is still about the same.

1/9/2020 6:13am
They often use the old pics but sell the newer style.. they cant sell what Renthal hasn't made in well over a decade and a half...
I have an old style black pad cover with silver/grey writing do you still need it
agn5009
1/9/2020 8:28am
I have a red one signed by Jeremy McGrath he gave me at Steel City years ago.
1/10/2020 1:42am
I have an old style black pad cover with silver/grey writing do you still need it
Thanks Sonnie.. I eventually found one.

mike
1/10/2020 2:24am
Here is the NOS blue Renthal bar bad which I would be happy to sell you, Sonnie..

mike
1/10/2020 4:22am
Thanks Sonnie.. I eventually found one.

mike
no worries
suzuki
11/8/2020 4:56pm
Does anybody know when the cloth bar pads were replaced by the plastic ones and when the lettering changed?
11/8/2020 9:46pm
^ guessing it was around 97-98ish? Just looked at some pics and RC was running the purple cloth bar pad in 97, then 98 he had the newer plastic style.
Titane
11/8/2020 10:53pm
I have one if you want
It’s the oem one of my 06 yz 250
Perfect condition
AndrewCarson
11/9/2020 9:01pm
If anyone has a mcgrath iridescent one or perhaps the Carmichael or Bubba edition they'd sell, im your guy
1/15/2021 6:46pm
Here is the NOS blue Renthal bar bad which I would be happy to sell you, Sonnie.. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/10/397142/s1200_blue_renthal_bar_pad.jpg[/img] mike
Here is the NOS blue Renthal bar bad which I would be happy to sell you, Sonnie..

mike
I am interested in a new blue white vinyl cover like this if still available

Post a reply to: Old Renthal bar pad cover

The Latest