Now What?

FRANK121
7/5/2018 8:46am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2018 10:34am
I have been having lagging back problems for several years but refuse to let it slow me down. Over the weekend my back went out and put me in the hospital for a couple of days. There I find out I have compression fraction of my L1 and moderate space narrowing at my L4-L5 with L5-S1 facet hypertrophy. Mild to moderate degenerative disc disease at L4-L5 and L5-S1! ...... I just got the 2018 CRF450 setup and don't know what to do? ..... I don't what to quit, I cant ...... Should I maybe give up MX and go to woods? .... What would the 450 need to be a good woods bike? ..... Anybody? ...... I can't live without a bike!
|
newmann
7/5/2018 9:42am
Get a 125 and give it a try. Lightweight and fun.
DynoDan22
7/5/2018 10:00am
newmann wrote:
Get a 125 and give it a try. Lightweight and fun.
+1, well said Newmann. I went from a '17 450sx to a '18 150sx. I couldn't be happier. So much easier to get out of trouble when things go a little wrong. My 450 had a mind of its own and was a beast to ride. long live the small bore two-stroke!!!
7/5/2018 10:29am
I don't see how a 125 will make your back feel any different than riding a 450. Still subject to the same jump landings and bumps as if on your 450. Woods is certainly more forgiving and what a lot of people do as they get older or the injuries stack up. Only things you'd need IMO to race off-road are bark busters and an oversize tank. You may want to soften up the suspension and add a tooth to the rear also. A rekluse would be nice to have on a 450 off-road. I've raced harescrambles here and there over the years and I don't change anything. Just run my moto bike with no handguards or anything. I stop for fuel instead of buying an oversize tank, but if I did more than one off-road race a year, I'd invest in one.
lumpy790
7/5/2018 10:34am
how long will healing take?

Long recuperating sell it so you get the best price selling it now versus later unless you are planning on keeping it for several years.

The Shop

Kyle_McNab
7/5/2018 10:41am
FRANK121 wrote:
I have been having lagging back problems for several years but refuse to let it slow me down. Over the weekend my back went out and...
I have been having lagging back problems for several years but refuse to let it slow me down. Over the weekend my back went out and put me in the hospital for a couple of days. There I find out I have compression fraction of my L1 and moderate space narrowing at my L4-L5 with L5-S1 facet hypertrophy. Mild to moderate degenerative disc disease at L4-L5 and L5-S1! ...... I just got the 2018 CRF450 setup and don't know what to do? ..... I don't what to quit, I cant ...... Should I maybe give up MX and go to woods? .... What would the 450 need to be a good woods bike? ..... Anybody? ...... I can't live without a bike!
I feel for ya I injured my back in February. Protruding disc between L4 L5 plus I have scoliosis. Never had back problems like this till this year. Haven’t been able to do anything this year. Listen to your doctor and don’t rush/ over do it. just focus on getting your core/ back strong. I’m sure woods is maybe a little easier but having the correct technique will help you more than anything

Post a reply to: Now What?

The Latest