New track in wild wood fl?

logan_140
Anybody seen this? Place looks sick!
|
NTM102
12/29/2016 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2016 2:27pm
I usually just lurk here but had to create an account to respond to this.......It's called Wildwood MX. From what I've heard its run by the guy Joe who runs Moonraker and Brock Papi who is an amateur kid and his parents. I've raced with the kid and him and his dad are both pretty big hot heads not to mention the kid is a pretty dirty rider (purposefully cross jumped me before causing a life-threatening injury and then his dad screamed at me after) if you ask around in the industry and say that name a lot of people will have some stories about him and his dad getting into fights and arguments with people at the track. While it is cool to have another track and Joe does a great job with the dirt (moonraker is arguably one of the best private tracks in the south) it's concerning that this family is involved and I can only see problems and drama in the future for this place.
Aron213
12/29/2016 2:38pm
Wildwood MX is in Louisiana

I found this http://wworp.com/ and it looks more like a Harley hangout than a MX area....IIRC, this is where Pourcel did that cross country race a couple years ago when he decided to make his comeback.
Knarfious
12/29/2016 2:38pm
NTM102 wrote:
I usually just lurk here but had to create an account to respond to this.......It's called Wildwood MX. From what I've heard its run by the...
I usually just lurk here but had to create an account to respond to this.......It's called Wildwood MX. From what I've heard its run by the guy Joe who runs Moonraker and Brock Papi who is an amateur kid and his parents. I've raced with the kid and him and his dad are both pretty big hot heads not to mention the kid is a pretty dirty rider (purposefully cross jumped me before causing a life-threatening injury and then his dad screamed at me after) if you ask around in the industry and say that name a lot of people will have some stories about him and his dad getting into fights and arguments with people at the track. While it is cool to have another track and Joe does a great job with the dirt (moonraker is arguably one of the best private tracks in the south) it's concerning that this family is involved and I can only see problems and drama in the future for this place.
Joe builds great tracks and used to run a track in Long Island that was very successful before moving to Florida and creating Moonraker, one of the most scenic tracks I've ever seen with excellent dirt, check out the pictures below from when I went there. I'm sorry that you were injured and hope you have recovered with no lasting injuries or side effects, I don't know your exact situation but having gone through some rough injuries myself I know how hard recovery can be. In regards to the rider you mentioned, I know him pretty well personally and know that he would never intentionally cause harm to another rider no matter how intense the racing was and probably felt very bad about what happened. Not trying to start an argument or anything just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding. It's great to see new tracks being established in our sport and people putting forth the effort no matter what anyone's personal feelings are about anyone involved in the operations of the track. I wish Wildwood success and hope to be able to check it out someday.

The Shop

NTM102
12/29/2016 2:47pm
Knarfious wrote:
Joe builds great tracks and used to run a track in Long Island that was very successful before moving to Florida and creating Moonraker, one of...
Joe builds great tracks and used to run a track in Long Island that was very successful before moving to Florida and creating Moonraker, one of the most scenic tracks I've ever seen with excellent dirt, check out the pictures below from when I went there. I'm sorry that you were injured and hope you have recovered with no lasting injuries or side effects, I don't know your exact situation but having gone through some rough injuries myself I know how hard recovery can be. In regards to the rider you mentioned, I know him pretty well personally and know that he would never intentionally cause harm to another rider no matter how intense the racing was and probably felt very bad about what happened. Not trying to start an argument or anything just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding. It's great to see new tracks being established in our sport and people putting forth the effort no matter what anyone's personal feelings are about anyone involved in the operations of the track. I wish Wildwood success and hope to be able to check it out someday.

I mean I'd hope he'd feel bad and learn from the situation lol. Not trying to start a fight or diss the track or anything just saying that I unfourtantallly think it will be a bit of a struggle. Hope it out well though like you said it's good to have new tracks and stuff. I'm sure I'm not welcome there if I wanted to go lol.
Dtat720
12/29/2016 3:03pm
Aron213 wrote:
Wildwood MX is in Louisiana I found this http://wworp.com/ and it looks more like a Harley hangout than a MX area....IIRC, this is where Pourcel did...
Wildwood MX is in Louisiana

I found this http://wworp.com/ and it looks more like a Harley hangout than a MX area....IIRC, this is where Pourcel did that cross country race a couple years ago when he decided to make his comeback.
Wildwood in LA is nothing close to a Harley hangout. I would venture to say it is probably one of fhe best tracks in the south that only a few around here know about. When Lynn opens it up, the fastest guys in the south are at the gate before it opens. Brings well over a hundred bikes a day on a days notice of opening. Its fast and its gnarly and its not for novices, nor harleys
Grizz
12/29/2016 3:07pm
3 new tracks in one year for central FL! I heard rumors of a another track being planned in Ft. Lauderdale. Now if only the local racing scene could be as big as the practice track scene.
Jack_Wagon
12/30/2016 4:52am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2016 5:10am
NTM102 wrote:
I usually just lurk here but had to create an account to respond to this.......It's called Wildwood MX. From what I've heard its run by the...
Knarfious wrote:
Joe builds great tracks and used to run a track in Long Island that was very successful before moving to Florida and creating Moonraker, one of...

There's no misunderstanding. NTM102 had it right the first time. I guess the 6 month suspension the AMA levied on this kid is a misunderstanding too?
kaptkaos
12/30/2016 5:28am
Grizz wrote:
3 new tracks in one year for central FL! I heard rumors of a another track being planned in Ft. Lauderdale. Now if only the local...
3 new tracks in one year for central FL! I heard rumors of a another track being planned in Ft. Lauderdale. Now if only the local racing scene could be as big as the practice track scene.
FT Lauderdale??? Details please...
NTM102
12/30/2016 6:43am
Jack_Wagon wrote:
There's no misunderstanding. NTM102 had it right the first time. I guess the 6 month suspension the AMA levied on this kid is a misunderstanding too?
6 month suspension? When did that happen?
Grizz
12/30/2016 3:25pm
Grizz wrote:
3 new tracks in one year for central FL! I heard rumors of a another track being planned in Ft. Lauderdale. Now if only the local...
kaptkaos wrote:
FT Lauderdale??? Details please...
I just heard the rumor, don't have any details, sorry. South FL needs more tracks though.

Post a reply to: New track in wild wood fl?

The Latest