New Chad Reed interview on Main Event Moto

DB125
This week on the Main Event Moto podcast Chad Reed joined us to chat about the creation, the highs and lows, and the eventual dissolve of TwoTwo Motorsports.

Big thanks to everyone who has been tuning in each week and helping us grow the podcast. If you dig the show, SUBSCRIBE!

Listen NOW at.....

MainEventMoto.com

Or

iTunes

Big thanks to Motosport.com, Nut Up Industries, Scott USA, Mika Metals, Elusive Graphics, PipeRepair.com, Williams Motowerx, No Toil, Haeseker Racing, and ScreenPrintingDone.com

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
|
12/16/2016 6:54am
Really interesting to hear Chad's take on how he fits in with the Yamaha team, and how he thinks he is the "back-up guy". Can't wait to see his results vs Cooper this season!

Awesome interview, thanks DB.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
12/16/2016 7:02am
Chad is collecting dollars and living the dream. Well deserved!
DB125
12/16/2016 7:03am
Really interesting to hear Chad's take on how he fits in with the Yamaha team, and how he thinks he is the "back-up guy". Can't wait...
Really interesting to hear Chad's take on how he fits in with the Yamaha team, and how he thinks he is the "back-up guy". Can't wait to see his results vs Cooper this season!

Awesome interview, thanks DB.
Yeah a few of his answers surprised me. I didn't see that one coming.
nicko-31
12/16/2016 7:13am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Because he lost most of his previous earnings on his failed 22 Motor sports team.

The Shop

sam hain
12/16/2016 7:26am
Long time CR fan, thanks for the podcast DB.
MXD
12/16/2016 7:39am
CrGuy2T wrote:
nicko-31 wrote:
Because he lost most of his previous earnings on his failed 22 Motor sports team.
Do you really think he lost most of his previous earnings? I'm sure he lost some money but most? I think he's smarter than that. There is the money he made plus the money his money makes minus what he may have put into the team. No doubt, I bet he wishes he never lost a dime but I wouldn't be surprised if it was any more than a tiny fraction of his wealth. I certainly have no inside info, it's just my opinion.
Forty
12/16/2016 8:11am
CrGuy2T wrote:
nicko-31 wrote:
Why do you say that? I'm pretty sure his team was a success both financially and as an example for the sport. Do you have factual info regarding his financial loss? I give him a lot of respect for his approach through his career and for making his own path when the support fell away. He stepped up!
davistld01
12/16/2016 8:17am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Point made. Chad Reed has gotten to the point where, even if he's not your favorite guy...even if you have thought of him in a negative way for years, you have to respect the crap out of him now. He's making a great living for his family doing what he loves to do, and is doing it...even at his age, at the highest level the sport allows. To actually be on a factory team at his age, and at this stage in his career is amazing...and that he seems to be really humble and grateful for it is just as amazing.

I guess I'm on the Chad Reed bandwagon again.
Jt$
12/16/2016 9:33am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2016 9:35am
Forty wrote:
Why do you say that? I'm pretty sure his team was a success both financially and as an example for the sport. Do you have factual...
Why do you say that? I'm pretty sure his team was a success both financially and as an example for the sport. Do you have factual info regarding his financial loss? I give him a lot of respect for his approach through his career and for making his own path when the support fell away. He stepped up!
He ended the team because it was a loss financially and it was too hard to compete with the factories on that financial level.
Forty
12/16/2016 9:51am
Forty wrote:
Why do you say that? I'm pretty sure his team was a success both financially and as an example for the sport. Do you have factual...
Jt$ wrote:
He ended the team because it was a loss financially and it was too hard to compete with the factories on that financial level.
The loss came out of pocket? He used his personal $ to fund operations? I thought he had support.
mx836
12/16/2016 10:03am
CrGuy2T wrote:
nicko-31 wrote:
You must not have any idea how much money Reed is worth.
Jt$
12/16/2016 10:08am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2016 10:22am
mx836 wrote:
Careful. I don't think you do either. His finances are none of my business but assuming he doesn't need to worry about money is assuming a lot.
thatguy
12/16/2016 10:13am
Awesome interview. Lots of respect for Reed and his transparency.
nicko-31
12/16/2016 10:45am
Just my opinion ,but if was to come into work on Monday and told I wouldn't get paid then I'd stop coming to work. He wasn't able to pay his employees and riders so he shut it down. He's clearly racing for the money not the titles. He told Mike Larocco in 2005 or so (I'm not sure of the exact year ) "What are you doing out here Old Man " ? I'm sure he knows now what he was doing out there. Cool
nicko-31
12/16/2016 10:48am
mx836 wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Careful. I don't think you do either. His finances are none of my business but assuming he doesn't need to worry about money is assuming a...
Careful. I don't think you do either. His finances are none of my business but assuming he doesn't need to worry about money is assuming a lot.
Exactly! ! Millionaira's are not satisfied with being millionars they strive to be multi millionares.
Skidaddle
12/16/2016 11:02am
mx836 wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Careful. I don't think you do either. His finances are none of my business but assuming he doesn't need to worry about money is assuming a...

Post a reply to: New Chad Reed interview on Main Event Moto

The Latest