MyKTM App

Edited Date/Time 12/30/2020 8:21am
Has anyone got any feedback on the My.KTM app?

Have you found it good? Can you use it to remap for racefuel etc?
|
NorCalMXDad
Posts
24
Joined
11/11/2020
Location
Wheatland, CA, USA
12/29/2020 11:57am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 11:58am
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
2
Brent
Posts
5901
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Temecula, CA, USA
12/29/2020 1:45pm
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3...
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021?

I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week in January, and then only on a limited basis,

I don't want to be the guinea pig with one of the first ones.
NorCalMXDad
Posts
24
Joined
11/11/2020
Location
Wheatland, CA, USA
12/29/2020 1:53pm
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3...
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
Brent wrote:
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021? I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week...
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021?

I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week in January, and then only on a limited basis,

I don't want to be the guinea pig with one of the first ones.
Never heard anything about a built in transponder
Leeham
Posts
1160
Joined
10/29/2018
Location
Rochester, WA, USA
12/29/2020 2:08pm
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3...
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
If thats so, thats fairly lame comapred to the Yamaha offering. Just 3 terrain selections and other basic preset functions? Im un-impressed. I expected KTM to do better, and I reckon they will

The Shop

NorCalMXDad
Posts
24
Joined
11/11/2020
Location
Wheatland, CA, USA
12/29/2020 2:10pm
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3...
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
Leeham wrote:
If thats so, thats fairly lame comapred to the Yamaha offering. Just 3 terrain selections and other basic preset functions? Im un-impressed. I expected KTM to...
If thats so, thats fairly lame comapred to the Yamaha offering. Just 3 terrain selections and other basic preset functions? Im un-impressed. I expected KTM to do better, and I reckon they will
It is so, I just took it off the bike on Sunday.
Redrcr34
Posts
1053
Joined
10/3/2008
Location
Springfield, IL, USA
12/29/2020 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2020 2:23pm
I haven’t done anything with mine yet.
Brent
Posts
5901
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Temecula, CA, USA
12/29/2020 3:11pm
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3...
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
Brent wrote:
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021? I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week...
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021?

I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week in January, and then only on a limited basis,

I don't want to be the guinea pig with one of the first ones.
Never heard anything about a built in transponder
sorry I misspoke, its not a transponder, I guess the correct term is "connectivity unit".
1
NorCalMXDad
Posts
24
Joined
11/11/2020
Location
Wheatland, CA, USA
12/29/2020 3:15pm
Brent wrote:
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021? I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week...
Have you been able to use the transponder yet on a 2021?

I ask because I was told they won't be available until the first week in January, and then only on a limited basis,

I don't want to be the guinea pig with one of the first ones.
Never heard anything about a built in transponder
Brent wrote:
sorry I misspoke, its not a transponder, I guess the correct term is "connectivity unit".
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that being said you can make those few adjustments and notice slight changes but it is nothing like the Yamaha app, which is why I decided to take it off.
Brent
Posts
5901
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Temecula, CA, USA
12/29/2020 3:21pm
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that...
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that being said you can make those few adjustments and notice slight changes but it is nothing like the Yamaha app, which is why I decided to take it off.
Sorry about your son, that sucks, especially with a new bike in the garage. I hope he heals up soon.

Bummer to hear about how limited the app and the unit is, I was expecting something more significant than slight changes to the mapping, the literature sure makes it sound more impressive.
NorCalMXDad
Posts
24
Joined
11/11/2020
Location
Wheatland, CA, USA
12/29/2020 3:34pm
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that...
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that being said you can make those few adjustments and notice slight changes but it is nothing like the Yamaha app, which is why I decided to take it off.
Brent wrote:
Sorry about your son, that sucks, especially with a new bike in the garage. I hope he heals up soon. Bummer to hear about how limited...
Sorry about your son, that sucks, especially with a new bike in the garage. I hope he heals up soon.

Bummer to hear about how limited the app and the unit is, I was expecting something more significant than slight changes to the mapping, the literature sure makes it sound more impressive.
Yeah the app is a huge letdown for sure... It would of been nice to be able to fully tune the bike thru the app.
Thank you,
My son is out for about a year :/ broken Humorous and Tibia, complete ACL tear and Meniscus tear.. bones are healed and hes walking just fine, gonna have surgery the beginning of Feb for the ACL replacement and Meniscus repair.
12/30/2020 12:53am
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that...
ahh, It came on my sons 21 Troy Lee, he only got 1.4hrs on it before he went down hard and broke a few bones, that being said you can make those few adjustments and notice slight changes but it is nothing like the Yamaha app, which is why I decided to take it off.
Brent wrote:
Sorry about your son, that sucks, especially with a new bike in the garage. I hope he heals up soon. Bummer to hear about how limited...
Sorry about your son, that sucks, especially with a new bike in the garage. I hope he heals up soon.

Bummer to hear about how limited the app and the unit is, I was expecting something more significant than slight changes to the mapping, the literature sure makes it sound more impressive.
Yeah the app is a huge letdown for sure... It would of been nice to be able to fully tune the bike thru the app. Thank...
Yeah the app is a huge letdown for sure... It would of been nice to be able to fully tune the bike thru the app.
Thank you,
My son is out for about a year :/ broken Humorous and Tibia, complete ACL tear and Meniscus tear.. bones are healed and hes walking just fine, gonna have surgery the beginning of Feb for the ACL replacement and Meniscus repair.
That sounds like some nasty injuries. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Thanks for the reply on the App. It sounds really poor. I was hoping for something with a lot more functionality & maybe even the option to switch between pump gas & race fuel on race days
1
MXer391
Posts
433
Joined
2/10/2014
Location
Altoona, PA, USA
12/30/2020 8:21am
I just bought a 21.5 Rockstar Edition and it came with the Connectivity Unit. I downloaded the app but am still having trouble figuring the thing out. In the list of bikes, it only has the standard 2021 models and the 2020 Rockstar Edition, not the 21, which I'm not sure that matters but its still weird. There aren't really any good directions for the thing. I know you obviously have to push the button on the bar pad to connect but it either blinks or lights up and I can't get it to connect to the bike. The media hasn't got any of the bikes yet so there's about nothing in the way of info yet.
NorCalMXDad
Posts
24
Joined
11/11/2020
Location
Wheatland, CA, USA
12/30/2020 8:38am
MXer391 wrote:
I just bought a 21.5 Rockstar Edition and it came with the Connectivity Unit. I downloaded the app but am still having trouble figuring the thing...
I just bought a 21.5 Rockstar Edition and it came with the Connectivity Unit. I downloaded the app but am still having trouble figuring the thing out. In the list of bikes, it only has the standard 2021 models and the 2020 Rockstar Edition, not the 21, which I'm not sure that matters but its still weird. There aren't really any good directions for the thing. I know you obviously have to push the button on the bar pad to connect but it either blinks or lights up and I can't get it to connect to the bike. The media hasn't got any of the bikes yet so there's about nothing in the way of info yet.
Just use the 21 450

richter28
Posts
280
Joined
12/11/2009
Location
Mchenry, IL, USA
12/30/2020 10:40am
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3...
Cannot use it like you would think, all you are able to adjust is Engine Braking, Throttle Response, Traction Control, and Launch Control. You have 3 options on track type (Sand/Gravel/Hard-Pack) which changes the mappings a little bit but thats it as far as tuneability... I actually just ordered a Vortex with custom maps from Twisted.
If you can get your hands on a 2019 or older stock ECU, you can remap it and replace it in the 2021's (same part number, just locked like the on-road models), and make nearly identical numbers as a Vortex...
1
MXer391
Posts
433
Joined
2/10/2014
Location
Altoona, PA, USA
12/31/2020 6:56am
Just use the 21 450 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/30/468946/s1200_4ACEDC51_6D87_4B31_B6C1_B37E845D625C.jpg[/img]
Just use the 21 450

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

Post a reply to: MyKTM App

The Latest