Most exciting race?

`ol Ger
Posts
6269
Joined
7/15/2007
Location
Piqua, OH, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:58pm
Where do I start?

Probably Anaheim 3, 2001. Amazing..

RC's last moto at Steel City in 2002. The crowd was eerily silent....

Washougal 2006 450 class.

|
`ol Ger
Posts
6269
Joined
7/15/2007
Location
Piqua, OH, USA
1/13/2009 1:01pm
Good one. Is that where MC slides sideways and comes to a stop and RC passes him "Thank-you-Ma'am" ?

Where is the race where RC passes stewie in midair over the finish line jump outdoors? Hi-point 2005 maybe..?
KAWboy14
Posts
6502
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Austin, TX, USA
1/13/2009 1:02pm
white girls Smile
noob
Posts
2109
Joined
8/12/2008
Location
Burbank, CA, USA
1/13/2009 1:10pm
Can someone remind me which round this was in '07?



Reed puts a block pass on Stewart that sends them both to the ground. Reed starts up right away. Stewart doesn't, ends up at the back of the pack... but charges back and stuffs Reed in the same corner they went down.
Void Main
Posts
17013
Joined
3/19/2008
Location
USA
1/13/2009 1:16pm
RC and Reed in St Louis in '03 (I believe) was incredible. Many lead changes...

The Shop

WSR
Posts
1528
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
1/13/2009 1:20pm
The one you mentioned earlier with Langston and Brown at Steel City was pretty exciting.

MXofN '07, moto one, watching RC come from last. Working it for USA.
`ol Ger
Posts
6269
Joined
7/15/2007
Location
Piqua, OH, USA
1/13/2009 1:40pm
And watching RV pull 32-seconds on the fastest riders in the world at Budds MXdN.
KAWboy14
Posts
6502
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Austin, TX, USA
1/13/2009 2:01pm
ocscottie wrote:
I am encoding a couple good ones w/ RC and MC. This is still probably top on my list [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/1990-Atlanta-SX,578/ocscottie,405]1990 ATL SX[/url] See More Motocross Videos...
I am encoding a couple good ones w/ RC and MC.

This is still probably top on my list

1990 ATL SX

i was at that race and it was awesome.
huck
Posts
17049
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
1/13/2009 2:10pm
That race was awesome. It was nice to see the guys ride thru the whoops, instead of just skim them. I think if they can't skim them, it makes for better racing...


Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
1/13/2009 2:18pm
huck wrote:
That race was awesome. It was nice to see the guys ride thru the whoops, instead of just skim them. I think if they can't skim...
That race was awesome. It was nice to see the guys ride thru the whoops, instead of just skim them. I think if they can't skim them, it makes for better racing...


I agree, it looks lots more interesting when they arent blitzing them WFO.
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
1/13/2009 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:57pm
Just finished uploading 01 Anaheim SX, i dont remember which one it is (I or II) but its the one where MC bangs a holeshot and RC is mid pack, everyone thought it was over, but that little red headed wildchild put on an amazing charge and reels in MC. That night was the Changing of the Guard. The crowd goes ape shit, and Yogi eats shit.



'01 Anaheim SX


Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
1/13/2009 2:24pm
I love Mud races. So 05 A1 and Millville 06. For the last ten years or so.
jndmx
Posts
9699
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
1/13/2009 2:42pm
Southwick in 07 when RC launched it WFO flyin W style over the finish line jump passing Stewart.
Unreal.
1/13/2009 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:58pm
ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
1/13/2009 3:05pm
This one deffinatly has got to be mentioned. The '89 Miami 125cc Main. Damon Bradshaw at his finest

89 Miami SX

"Feels good to win with dirt on my numberplate"

ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
1/13/2009 3:06pm
Sure is taking forever for Vital to process the Anaheim SX i uploaded.
jonjon714
Posts
5916
Joined
4/29/2008
Location
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
1/13/2009 3:17pm
ocscottie wrote:
This one deffinatly has got to be mentioned. The '89 Miami 125cc Main. Damon Bradshaw at his finest [url=http://media.putfile.com/89-125cc-Miami]89 Miami SX[/url] "Feels good to win with...
This one deffinatly has got to be mentioned. The '89 Miami 125cc Main. Damon Bradshaw at his finest

89 Miami SX

"Feels good to win with dirt on my numberplate"

That's the one....I had it all typed up and everything but couldn't remember where in FL it was and didn't post....

Thanks Scottie!!!!
peelout719
Posts
2507
Joined
4/30/2008
Location
Ogden, UT, USA
1/13/2009 5:00pm
ocscottie.... you're the biggest pimp ever for posting that!

may you get a slobber from a 22 year old virgin tonight Smile
oldx
Posts
3046
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Camano Island, WA, USA
1/13/2009 5:25pm
Bailey and Johnson
Void Main
Posts
17013
Joined
3/19/2008
Location
USA
1/13/2009 5:25pm
noob wrote:
Can someone remind me which round this was in '07? [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/STFUnoob_photo/Stewart_Reed_07.jpg[/IMG] Reed puts a block pass on Stewart that sends them both to the ground. Reed...
Can someone remind me which round this was in '07?



Reed puts a block pass on Stewart that sends them both to the ground. Reed starts up right away. Stewart doesn't, ends up at the back of the pack... but charges back and stuffs Reed in the same corner they went down.
Reed and Stewart both went down in St Louis but that picture doesn't look like the one. In that one James was on the outside and Chad came in from the inside and Bubba didn't back off and they both went down. I was sitting front row and it happened right in front of me.
noob
Posts
2109
Joined
8/12/2008
Location
Burbank, CA, USA
1/13/2009 5:50pm
Void Main wrote:
Reed and Stewart both went down in St Louis but that picture doesn't look like the one. In that one James was on the outside and...
Reed and Stewart both went down in St Louis but that picture doesn't look like the one. In that one James was on the outside and Chad came in from the inside and Bubba didn't back off and they both went down. I was sitting front row and it happened right in front of me.
Thanks, Void. That was the race- I just looked up the details.

After they went down in the first lap, Stewart went from 19th to 3rd in NINE laps. That photo is of Stewart's return pass... same corner, this time on the inside. RC won, JS 2nd, Reed 3rd.

Here's a shot of their chat after the race:


St Louis '07

Void Main
Posts
17013
Joined
3/19/2008
Location
USA
1/13/2009 5:58pm
Void Main wrote:
Reed and Stewart both went down in St Louis but that picture doesn't look like the one. In that one James was on the outside and...
Reed and Stewart both went down in St Louis but that picture doesn't look like the one. In that one James was on the outside and Chad came in from the inside and Bubba didn't back off and they both went down. I was sitting front row and it happened right in front of me.
noob wrote:
Thanks, Void. That was the race- I just looked up the details. After they went down in the first lap, Stewart went from 19th to 3rd...
Thanks, Void. That was the race- I just looked up the details.

After they went down in the first lap, Stewart went from 19th to 3rd in NINE laps. That photo is of Stewart's return pass... same corner, this time on the inside. RC won, JS 2nd, Reed 3rd.

Here's a shot of their chat after the race:


St Louis '07

I think it was St Louis the year before when he stalled his bike and couldn't get it started. That happened right in front of me too. I've been lucky as far as being in the right place where all the action happens. Still that Chad/Ricky battle of '03 was the best big boy race I've witnessed in person. The little boy race in STL around '07 was pretty epic with Towley, Lange and Dungey. Oh and then last year's little boy race in STL with RV and Trey when RV took out the goal post was good too. We've had some great races in STL.
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
1/13/2009 6:15pm
hey Scotty...or anyone. I haven't been able to watch any of the videos here at Vital. I go to push the play button , and even wait sometimes 10-15 mins for it to load , but it never does. If i click on the screen , it just takes me to the MSR home page.

Need some advice on how to open and watch some of these things. Thanks guys.
jndmx
Posts
9699
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
1/13/2009 7:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:
hey Scotty...or anyone. I haven't been able to watch any of the videos here at Vital. I go to push the play button , and even...
hey Scotty...or anyone. I haven't been able to watch any of the videos here at Vital. I go to push the play button , and even wait sometimes 10-15 mins for it to load , but it never does. If i click on the screen , it just takes me to the MSR home page.

Need some advice on how to open and watch some of these things. Thanks guys.
Make sure you have the updated version of Flash, that could be one issue.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Sawblade
Posts
383
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Bentonville, AR, USA
1/13/2009 9:30pm
Very cool, thanks for posting both race's, its been a long time since I've watched both. The 1990 Atlanta race is still my favorite SX of all time. The best part is Jeff Ward doing the fist pump over the finish line and the jump after it.

Post a reply to: Most exciting race?

The Latest