If Stewy came back, does he beat Reed?

Fog 25
Fantasy
1312th
3/15/2019 6:31pm
He will have to qualify from the C-Class first.
cbuehler767
3/15/2019 7:00pm
You may want to examine those records a little closer. Except for the Lites class (chad only lites 2 years), they have the same number of...
You may want to examine those records a little closer. Except for the Lites class (chad only lites 2 years), they have the same number of titles, indoors and out. JS has 6 more SX wins than Chad, which is cool, but not dominating by any stretch. Its cool to be a fan of the guy, but your facts are wrong and your opinion is biased.
Reed never beat Stewart for a title when they raced together for the series, where as Stewart did beat Reed. Stewart was almost always faster and...
Reed never beat Stewart for a title when they raced together for the series, where as Stewart did beat Reed. Stewart was almost always faster and could catch and pass Reed almost at will in his prime as evidenced by how quickly James amassed his wins. Reed had been in the class for two seasons before James entered. James did a 24-0.
Stats, while a big part of it, aren’t the entire picture. Dungey has as many sx titles as RV, and not many more wins. Dungey has more 450 outdoor titles and wins than RV, but most people agree that RV had Dungey covered, much like Stewart did Reed.

Also, when looking at all-time greats, lites records are included. I don’t think that there’s much of an argument James will higher on the list than Reed.
Stats dont lie, you can say it as much as you want, but the record books dont lie. Since you want to play the he only...
Stats dont lie, you can say it as much as you want, but the record books dont lie. Since you want to play the he only won because card, who was Stews main competition when he went 24-0? Oh, thats right........
Are you really trying to compare Reed to James outdoors? If you wanna argue about SX have at it.James put 30 sec on Reed outdoors like it was nothing
Texas Built
3/15/2019 9:34pm
James Stewart has not raced in years. He does not even have an AMA license.

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/17/2019 10:06am
RandyS wrote:
Anyone who thinks Stewart had a more successful career needs to put down the bong. Stewart was expected to rewrite the record books, failed miserably based...
Anyone who thinks Stewart had a more successful career needs to put down the bong. Stewart was expected to rewrite the record books, failed miserably based on expectations and promise. Reed flew halfway around the world with no expectations and challenged and beat the best through multiple generations and rewrote the record books on what a career can be.
I’m trying to think of all the races Reed won against Stewart in SX and it’s hard. 2 in 05 (Stew crashed in both). 2 in 06 Stew and RC had to have bad luck, 1 in 07 Stew crashed, 1 in 08 when he crashed in the start and then beats Reed with a blown out knee and bows out. 3 in 09. 2 in 11. 1 in 12 and 2 in 14. Even thought they have been racing each other for 10 years, A2 in 14 was the first time Reed won a race against Stewart with out him crashing. Of Reeds wins only 14 were against Stewart and of Stewart’s 50 SX wins I believe 45 of em had Reed.

Stewart’s career in a sense was a disappointment even though he is second all time in Wins, but to say Reed had a better career is insane. Prime Reed was smoked by Stewart so so many times. Stewart won 13 races against Reed in 07 alone vs Reed having 14 wins vs Stew in his career.
3/17/2019 2:09pm
RandyS wrote:
Anyone who thinks Stewart had a more successful career needs to put down the bong. Stewart was expected to rewrite the record books, failed miserably based...
Anyone who thinks Stewart had a more successful career needs to put down the bong. Stewart was expected to rewrite the record books, failed miserably based on expectations and promise. Reed flew halfway around the world with no expectations and challenged and beat the best through multiple generations and rewrote the record books on what a career can be.
Park Boys wrote:
I’m trying to think of all the races Reed won against Stewart in SX and it’s hard. 2 in 05 (Stew crashed in both). 2 in...
I’m trying to think of all the races Reed won against Stewart in SX and it’s hard. 2 in 05 (Stew crashed in both). 2 in 06 Stew and RC had to have bad luck, 1 in 07 Stew crashed, 1 in 08 when he crashed in the start and then beats Reed with a blown out knee and bows out. 3 in 09. 2 in 11. 1 in 12 and 2 in 14. Even thought they have been racing each other for 10 years, A2 in 14 was the first time Reed won a race against Stewart with out him crashing. Of Reeds wins only 14 were against Stewart and of Stewart’s 50 SX wins I believe 45 of em had Reed.

Stewart’s career in a sense was a disappointment even though he is second all time in Wins, but to say Reed had a better career is insane. Prime Reed was smoked by Stewart so so many times. Stewart won 13 races against Reed in 07 alone vs Reed having 14 wins vs Stew in his career.
In the grand Scheme of things, they both have the same number of premiere class titles, and Stew has a handful of total race wins more than Reed. It all boils down to who we are a bigger fan of. In the end Stew had a few more wins, but the fact that "Reed only won because Stew wasnt there" is a BS justification. I say Reed didnt crash out, you have to play to win, if you crash out and the other guy didnt, you got beat!
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/17/2019 5:10pm
RandyS wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
I’m trying to think of all the races Reed won against Stewart in SX and it’s hard. 2 in 05 (Stew crashed in both). 2 in...

In the grand Scheme of things, they both have the same number of premiere class titles, and Stew has a handful of total race wins more...
In the grand Scheme of things, they both have the same number of premiere class titles, and Stew has a handful of total race wins more than Reed. It all boils down to who we are a bigger fan of. In the end Stew had a few more wins, but the fact that "Reed only won because Stew wasnt there" is a BS justification. I say Reed didnt crash out, you have to play to win, if you crash out and the other guy didnt, you got beat!
You can look at it anyway you want. Reed had 20 plus SX wins before Stew had his first. Which means with all his injuries with all his crashing he put up 50 in a time frame in which Reed put up 23. Plus he has 98 total wins vs Reeds 55-56 I think. That’s a little bit more than a few? Reeds 09 MX title was a gift form Stew. Oh by the way Reed only won becuase Stew wasn’t there. Reed has always talked shit about riders. He talked shit about Dungey after his 2010 titles. Talked shit about RV in 2012 like he was gonna beat him. Talks shit about Roczen and Tomac and outdoors they can do things Reed couldn’t dream of. Reed puts himself up while putting others down, always has. He says the current gen dosent try for a win? That was literally the book on Reed vs RC and Stew. The commentators would say Reed needs to step outside of his comfort zone, which he never did. RC and Stew would dominate him when they would link up and outdoors it was even worse. I do think he is good for the sport as he is a good interview, and because of his age people like him.

Post a reply to: If Stewy came back, does he beat Reed?

The Latest